Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stitch heads to the Gold Coast, Surfers Paradise, Queensland, Australia!  (Read 2646 times)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie

It was quite a trip I can tell you, we crossed four states (Vic, NSW, ACT and QLD) and covered 1600 kilometers. We took our time on the way up with three days to get there and a few stop offs on the way. A dinosaur playground at Cairn River just shy of the Vic, NSW border was just begging for a picture shoot :D

Our next brief stop was to snap a picture of the world's largest Marino sheep :) at Goulburn in NSW.

Next we arrived at the beautiful town of Newcastle where we stopped for the night, this is a coal mining area where the enormous coal ships fill up on black gold to ship all over the world. a Large Cruise ship was also docked here. A "Lions Park" which was built using funds raised by the Lions Club community group made a nice place to stop and look at the passing ships. There are many such parks across Australia, each different.

Coff's Harbour, not too far from the QLD border was our next stop over, the motel here was very nice and we had time for a couple of photos in the morning before the final leg of our journey. Macadamia castle, about an hour down the road was a nice place to stop for an early lunch. Stitch scared a year's growth of some poor spaniel much to her owner's amusement :) Stitch was tuckered out by the time we left there, he could barely keep his eyes open long enough for a photo with Willy the Whale at Taree :)

We were all glad to reach our destination and settle in our comfortable and spacious accommodation :)

« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 07:05:14 PM by InmemoryofRomeo »

Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Firebreathingsquirrels

• Camarasaur extraordinaire
  • Female
Re: Stitch heads to the Gold Coast, Surfers Paradise, Queensland, Australia!
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 07:13:07 PM »

Those are awesome pictures, IMR! Looks like Stitch had loads of fun  :D

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 07:19:48 PM »

We visited three theme parks while we were at the Gold Coast, Sea World, Movie World and Wet'n'wild (Stitch didn't visit Wet'n'wild for obvious reasons :P). Stitch caused quite a sensation wherever we went, especially Movie World, such a pity we didn't have any to sell :P I resorted to carrying a notepad with me to write down this website and Pleo world for the curious :)

Our Sea World is nowhere near as big as that in the US, but it is still a lot of fun, we didn't get to see everything unfortunately, too much to do and so little time. We skipped a couple of shows and the water park but we still didn't quite make it through everything we had hoped. Stitch still had a blast :) The Seal show was hilarious and the Dolphin show was utterly spectacular! Our morning was full of all the interactive stuff like petting sting rays, feeding penguins and poking sea cucumbers :P We had to be careful with Stitch of course given the amounts of water around but he was able to get fairly close to a Sting Ray and he almost had a very close encounter with the Polar Bears when Melinda threatened to throw him in if he didn't stop making a fuss :D (She wouldn't have of course :o) After a nice lunch he settled down though and we spent a peaceful afternoon full of all things dolphin (OMG the babies are cute!!!), Melinda's favorite animal :) (Everyone else except Mel had been to the theme parks on other occasions so the day was planned mostly for her)

Firebreathingsquirrels

• Camarasaur extraordinaire
  • Female
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 07:27:37 PM »

Thats some amazing camera work! Especially with the dolphin one  :o

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2010, 07:30:31 PM »

Our last visit to the theme parks was to Movie World, my favorite! I love the Roller coasters :D Since Stitch wasn't big enough to ride almost all the rides we opted for a photo shoot in the morning then we left Stitch safe and sound in a cosy locker while the 'big kids' had some fun :D Poor Melinda... she hates roller coasters, Dad and I tricked her into going on the Scooby Coaster (Which is inside so you can't see it until you get on) which is an insanely fun (in my opinion) mad mouse coaster... she wouldn't trust us after that  %) The big coasters, the Superman coaster and the Lethal Weapon coaster were left for myself and dad :D A drenching at the Wild West Falls log ride when the day got too hot was awesome! In between rides we grabbed seats for the shows, stunt shows, live action shows and 4D shows were all enjoyed very much :D

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2010, 07:38:06 PM »

Finally we went to my Aunt and Uncle's combined Birthday party, the real reason we went to the Gold Coast :) We arrived to be told it was a dress up party so with Halloween being close and those costumes being easy to come by we ended up as: Melinda as a Witch, My Nan as a Hippy Grandma, my Dad as Death and myself and Stitch as Vampires :D

Stitch was the life of the party, cuddles galore as he was whisked around from table to table, I'd turn around to answer a question and he'd be off with someone else :P Luckily these are all people I know and trust so Stitch returned safe and sound after visiting every one of the 70 party guests :P Later he hit the dance floor, running 2.0 OS and with the music cranked up Stitch was dancing and crooning to the music like I have never seen  8) I took some video which I will upload later on :)

After all off that we headed home, I need another holiday to recover from that one now :D

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2010, 07:39:39 PM »

Thank you FBSquirrel :D We sure had some fun :) I was rather lucky to get a few good Dolphin photos, although there are more pictures of tails and splashes :D They sure move fast in and out of the water :D

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2010, 08:51:40 PM »

Welcome back IMR! What wonderful photos for us to see. Looked like Stitch had some close calls with the dinosaurs in the  park. Especially, loved the photo with him and Daffy Duck. Stitch had to have been the center of attention.
Now you, really, need a vacation from your vacation! ;)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2010, 09:43:12 AM »

It's lovely to have you back, IMR - especially armed with loads of pics of your adventures! :)

I love the pic of Stitch with Yosemite Sam! :D

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2010, 03:39:52 PM »

Welcome back IMR and Stitch! Looks like you had quite an adventure, It was very nice to see all those great places you two visited, I also loved the photos of Daffy,( my here, he is a lot like me :D) and the one of Yousemite Sam with STitch looking up is great. Did Stitch take any neck bites, or was he well behaved at that party? Hope you two made it back before the sun came up! Can not wait to see the video you mentioned, it sounds like great fun.
            It is true, comming back from a vacation, esp when you do so much in a short period of time, wears you out and takes more time to recover sometimes. Wanted you to know the Four Pleos are still enjoying the lovely outfits you made for them, They get compliments whereever I go, esp from the ladies who work at my local thrift store supporting the Humane Society here in the town I live. NOva has become a regular there, and they allways notice when she doesn't show up, they all ask where she is, and they allways delight in what she has on, so your lovely blue Rompers are a big hit. Only problem is with four Pleos dressed almost identical, I can't tell them apart easily,except for NOva with her broken neck.  ;) so glad that Stitch and you got a lovely vacation and got to visit family, Family is more important than many people realize untill they have none ...... :(
                                   RedwoodsMama and family of Pleos
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2010, 07:33:39 PM »

Thank you for the welcome back everyone :D I have family staying here until Monday which is great but I am looking forwards to a bit of R&R after that :)

gucci_boi7782

• Triassic pleo master
  • Male
  • : 2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • Go Vegetarian!
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2010, 11:09:50 AM »

Oh IMR [and Stitch!!]!! It surely seems like the two of you simply had a BLAST! Lovely photos, each and every one was a total joy to watch. I know Stitch must've been the life of the party, and am too pleased to see of all the photos. THANKS for sharing!!
Save a life, go vegetarian.

www.goveg.com/factoryFarming.asp

Sophie-(Ugobe)
Eliot-(Innvo Labs)
Peanut-(Aibo ERS 31L)

"Tell me, will I dream while I am turned off?" ~Jules (Hanson Robotics)

Malfie

• Fossil savant
  • Female
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2010, 03:06:29 PM »

FANTASTIC pictures!!!! Stitch looks so happy!! ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal