Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My own attempt at a rubber / paint protection system for Pleo !  (Read 4905 times)

MurphyMooCake

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Male
My own attempt at a rubber / paint protection system for Pleo !
« on: February 01, 2012, 09:39:37 AM »

Hi

as I didn't want to hi-jack the last post on new clothes on sale on ebay, I did want to demonstrate my idea for consideration, and so have put my money where my mouth is

I took a foamed neoprene ski mask, and cut it up to fit over Pleos back, and back sensors where he is likely to be rubbed

I have yet too switch Goofy on to see how he moves with it in place, and whether the sensors do still work or not

It will also need some tinkering / trimming around the arms / legs where it is tight, and to allow better freedom of movement

However I think initially it opens up a good material, with interesting colours (I know I have used black) and patterns for an interesting looking Pleo

This is the mask:

This is the rear of the mask

This is it in half

And then cut and sewn

Shown the right way around

And Tad Dah ! - Goofy wears his new jacket

And it only took about 30 minutes to make, as Stated I will trim, and tighten to look better, and will put the final picture up when complete, I hope this inspires some of you to do the same - remember I am a bloke - so if I can do it - so can you!

Possibly looking at the final shape of the jacket - a face mask / bandana may even do the job with no stitching - just cutting!

Please let me know your thoughts, thank you
Stephen

Ugobe Pleo - Goofy

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
Re: My own attempt at a rubber / paint protection system for Pleo !
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 09:45:57 AM »

Well, your mask has given me nightmares,  :dino-chase:  but the jacket looks rather swish!     :cool:

It shouldn't interfere with the movement, because the neck and tail are still free - you even have ventilation!  ;)

Great job!  ;D

MurphyMooCake

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 09:58:50 AM »

Thanks for the positive feedback Crewella

and for those who want more colour, or half-face mask which may fit even without cutting / sewing try this link, they are as cheap as chips

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DRAGON-DESIGN-NEOPRENE-BIKER-HALF-FACE-MASK-/160722412186?pt=Men_s_Accessories_UK&hash=item256bcd629a#ht_1319wt_754

I quite like the camouflage and dragon styles, and may purchase some to try myself

Happy styling !
Ugobe Pleo - Goofy

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 10:56:54 AM »

I think Goofy looks rather dashing and I think you too did a great job there, I love putting things together with bits and pieces of what is around the house, and you showed that it can be done, as you said, by a "bloke", so anyone should be able to do it. I also have some neoprene, ( actually a full body wetsuit) and with the cost of neoprene almost impossible to get in sizes I want, ( for neck braces and supports for Pleos with "droopy neck syndrome", this is just the thing. I saw the site you listed and the spiderone and camo would be interesting, I think you have done a lot to protect Goofy's skin. Good job there! :cheer: :dino-chase:                RWM and the Pleo clan of the redwoods
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

MurphyMooCake

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 12:43:34 PM »

Rwm

so glad you like the colours

the mask material is just 1mm thick and so allows a tight second skin fit by pulling the velcro tight under pleo's s belly,  and yet causes no problems with leg / arm movement - tested on goofy who moves as normal with his new jacket on

he also feels really nice to pick up,  and his sensors work perfectly - so win win :-)

Ugobe Pleo - Goofy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal