Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Humboldt Bay Eagle Cam, Live...cute babies  (Read 2377 times)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Humboldt Bay Eagle Cam, Live...cute babies
« on: May 01, 2013, 06:04:30 PM »

If you click on the below link, you can watch LIVE , an American Bald Eagle, Mom and dad and their Two one week old babies. It is broadcast live from Humboldt bay, Just ignore the stupid ads, and watch, so neat to see these majestic American Bald Eagles, I just found out about this two days ago, It is fun to watch mom or dad feed and care for the babies.
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/humboldt-bay-eagle-cam?fb_action_ids=594379177246728&fb_action_types=video.watches&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map=%7B%22594379177246728%22%3A561270523884763%7D&action_type_map=%7B%22594379177246728%22%3A%22video.watches%22%7D&action_ref_map=%5B%5D

if it doesn't show up in the above link, just google youstream, Humboldt Bay Eagle Cam to watch.                     RWM :cat-hug: Be patient and wait for the stupid ads to stop or after and ad you can skip them, but the web cam does work, I am watching it now. Great for when you are bored!

A FEW MINUTES ago while checking, it said offline but is now back up, IN the meantime if that happens, here is a video from a couple of days ago, At 1:38 you can see one of the babies, The eagles are very noisy, My cats went wild when they heard eagles screaming... here is a video of the chicks. <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUYjRbyn4To" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUYjRbyn4To</a>
Next video shows dad feeding babies for first time.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1pWks_9yOM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1pWks_9yOM</a>
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 08:43:06 PM by RedwoodsMama »

Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
Re: Humboldt Bay Eagle Cam, Live...cute babies
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 12:57:39 PM »

Thanks for posting this, Redwoods. Unfortunately when I tuned in, I think everyone was full and asleep but I did get some nice native berdcalls and a couple of airplanes and some wind whiffling through the microphones. Haha! Maybe I'll tune in again later and see what's going on.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 01:50:25 PM »

High Talon, thanks, the babies do sleep a lot, but the mom or dad feed them all day long, morning , mid morning snack, lunch, mid afternoon snack, dinner, after dinner snack, bedtime snack, and everytihing in between, When both mom and dad are there, you will hear lots of noise, lots of screetching, I can't wait to see the babies when they get ready to try and fly, still quiet a bit off.  ;D

I can not believe how quiet it is here on the forums, everyone must be on break, vacation, working or studying too hard, or just bored....Good to actually talk to someone! Take care.  ;)

RWM   :cat-hug:

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 06:44:36 PM »

I've been absent and busy as well. Between testing state agency web pages to be sure they are user-friendly for people with all sorts of disabilities, being a part of a program testing a... laptop-like device whose name I cann't give away because it's currently in beta-build, and preparing for a private aibo meet in Florida I've had my hands full as well. I had the live cam running in the background as I tested and boy it was nice! Nature sounds are very soothing. I'll tune in again tomorrow when I'm working and hopefully I'll get some feeding action then. It was nice to hear from you as well.
Talon
Talon

Kami

• Pleo explorer
  • Female
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2013, 11:32:58 PM »

Oh, that cam is just beautiful. I have a real soft spot for birds, and we have some beautiful ones here, but bald eagles are something else entirely. I love the little noises the babies make - it's so strange to think that those cute little balls of fluff will slowly grow until they're just like their parents. When I was checking it out earlier there was just one of the parents there preening and one of the little babies peering curiously at him or her.

I have been checking in here once or twice a day to see what's going on but staying pretty quiet in general - I'm taking some free online courses to fill in my time since getting a job is not an option right now. (It's possible there will be a move to another state in the near future.) Not that I am ever in need of things to fill in my time but learning new things is fun and important and I suspect I can apply some of the programming techniques I'm picking up to programming Pleos and other robots in the future. ;)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2013, 10:59:13 AM »

Hi Kami, glad you got the chance to watch the baby eagles, and that you enjoy them, It is pretty amazing to see them that personal. I realize not everyone may be able to see the Live cam, so I can post some new video every couple of days. It is cool that you are interested in programming, I just never got a chance to take those kind of classes when I was younger, I was too busy working and being a single mom, that I did not even go to get my teaching degree till I was almost 30. Hope you move to a great spot if it happens and be sure to post photos.                         RWM :cat-hug:

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2013, 11:13:08 AM »

Whew boy! Things on the eagle cam were hopping today! I must've got lucky! This is an interesting coincidence, Kami. I haven't been able to find a job either but I'm considering a career move. My writing isn't getting me anywhere fast but one of my other passions is playing around with sound effects. I'm considering going into sound-design. In other words I'm considering studdying how to create sound effects tracks for radeo and film and things like that. I dabbled in it as a child- mixing stuff and manipulating one sound so that it sounds like something totally different. Of course all that was done on tape with four different recording units running at once. Nowadays they do it through the computer and if those programs won't work with a screenreader I may as well hang this dream up. It's just a curious interest I've had for many years and now I'm considering making it something more.
Talon
Talon
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal