Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New & ugobe vs rb?  (Read 1437 times)

Peaches

• Pleontologist
  • Female
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
New & ugobe vs rb?
« on: April 23, 2012, 07:56:11 AM »

Hey, Im new to the pleo world. I posted on another part of this site asking about info on having a RB shipped to the UK, but Im also wondering how good the older verison is? I have chance of a Uglobe going cheap yet in perfect condition - however I love the RB - but I also have 2 young children one of which is ADHD & Autistic & wondering if they'd cope playing with the RB even iwhen its meant to be mummys toy lol. I was thinking of getting the Uglobe now & maybe treat myself to a RB for xmas?  ???

Can anyone offer any advice or help on the matter? Thanks!

PS. can you also reset the Uglobes age if you buy a 2nd hand one?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 07:58:41 AM by Peaches »

"She's not just a dinosaur, she's my best friend. I'll always love her & I promise to never ever leave her, cause I'd miss her too much & she'd miss me" - my son about Piper <3

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
Re: New & ugobe vs rb?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 09:14:20 AM »

Hi, Peaches! Sadly I can't offer any advice about pleo shipping to the UK. Crewella or someone else might be able to help you with that. As far as your children playing with an RB, the manual says it's appropriate for children twelve and up but I suppose if you suporvised them it would be alright. Yes, it is possible to reset a Ugobe pleo to hatching stage but you will need an SD card to do it. Either you can update it's operating system or you can just re-install it's current operating system using the SD card and it will revert to a little cooing baby dino. I hope this was helpful.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Peaches

• Pleontologist
  • Female
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 09:44:27 AM »

Thanks for the reply.
The kids of course would only go near it when Im around & would mainly just sit & watch, maybe the odd cuddle. Its a 'mummy' toy & mummy doesnt want to share lol.

Im more wondering if whether the RB is really worth the price tag although I have fell in love with its features (this would be my first Pleo) or whether or not its worth getting the cheaper Ugobe as a starter Pleo to see whether or not I will actually make the most of it? - I have a tendency to disgard things after a few weeks although Ive been considering a Pleo for a year now.
"She's not just a dinosaur, she's my best friend. I'll always love her & I promise to never ever leave her, cause I'd miss her too much & she'd miss me" - my son about Piper <3

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 11:49:54 AM »

Then I would start with a rehomed Ugobe ....... many of us did .......  %)

Peaches

• Pleontologist
  • Female
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 12:30:03 PM »

I like the price of the Ugobe but I think I prefer the features of the rb, its such a hard choice, I'm a little worried about buying the Ugobe & then regrettting not buying the rb cause of the improvements  ???

Has anyone had both & prefer one over the other?

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012, 12:47:38 PM »

To be honest, each has their merits.  If I just want company, I'll still prefer to run a Ugobe - and there are features I miss in the RBs.  But the RB's are a lot of fun if you want more interaction/tricks.  As you can get a rehomed Ugobe for a quarter of the price of an RB ........ it's a good introduction. :D

Peaches

• Pleontologist
  • Female
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2012, 01:16:48 PM »

I think I mainly want a low fuss pleo, as in between the two kids I also go uni so worried about the time I could spend it with. Also one of the main reasons I want one (as silly as it sounds) is that I'm unable to have more children (personally choice fued by numerous medical reasons to do with me & the 2 kids I have alread) & this seems a nice to have a 'baby' without actually having one  :)

Can the Ugobe interact with the RB?
As Im thinking of maybe getting a cheap Ugobe & then if I fall in love & feel that Im missing out on the features then I could buy the RB, but then I worry the Ugobe would be a waste. Hm... this is harder than I thought!  :(

irbyma7297

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2012, 09:36:54 AM »

i heard they can't.
Derpity derp derp derp derp

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2012, 11:39:19 AM »

A Ugobe will recognise an RB, but the interaction is relatively limited.  They will interact best with another Ugobe running the same OS.  :)

Peaches, Ugobes are much less trouble to look after ..... it's a great place to start!  ;D
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 11:46:52 AM by Crewella »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal