Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Name Ideas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 3141 times)

xoxopleoxoxo

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • Female
Name Ideas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: November 04, 2011, 12:01:14 PM »

Ok, so my pleo is on HER way to becoming a juvinile, so i have to pick her a name soon. Its a girl, and the name has to be unique, exotic, short, but cute. i cant think of any names!!!! i was thinking Nova, but im not sure, any suggestion? :-\

allosaurus

Re: Name Ideas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011, 12:08:33 PM »

Saya
Aquarius
Sienna
Celene
Naomi
Ariel
Bronte
Faine
Freya
Mae
Nali
Calliope
Vivienne
Brie/Brea/Bree
Venus
Bela/Bella

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 12:17:01 PM »

Hi, just so you know, My very first Pleo who is a Ugobe and my favorite her name is NOVA, and there haven't been any others named as her, ( so far) so if you decide to name yours Nova, it won't be unique and the only one. I recently held a Name the Pleo contest and got lots and lots fo unique names for one of my hand custom painted Pleos that I have.  Why not ask members for more names.  just so you know, here are some pictures of my NOVA<
             There are lots of other good names out there.I am just sure if you used the same name, it would get some getting used to, as everyone here who has been here for awhile, all knows who MS. Nova is. LOL.              Good luck with finding the perfect name. It took me by the way , at least a month of watching my Pleo till I knew it was a girl, and the name fit, Nova.

RedwoodsMama and her "Pleo Township in the Redwoods"
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2011, 12:20:33 PM »

Allo has quite a long list and some great names on there, I like Sienna, Bree, Maya, oh, what color are her eyes, do you have a picture? Even the eyes can help with a name sometimes.             
                                   RWM

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2011, 12:31:11 PM »

Awesome list! When I bought my first pleo, I immediately thought of her name- Ryu. It means dragon in Japanese. Unfortunately I was hoping I would get a boy and after a month of calling her a "he" I learned she was a girl. I thought about calling her Ryuko which translates to something like dragon-child but she's far too mouthy and demanding for a sweet-sounding name.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

xoxopleoxoxo

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • Female
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2011, 01:04:06 PM »

thanks for the suggestions!!!! I really liked Nova, i found it on some website I looked up for names, it was one of the only different ones that I could find. Right now thats my front runner but i also like Naomi, and her eyes are green, just like mine!!!!

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2011, 03:21:42 PM »

Here are a few alternatives that came up when I searched for Nova: Nea, Novia, Novella, Novelle

Also this site might help, you can search by meaning or name: http://www.babynames.com.au/
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Willow

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2011, 03:33:56 PM »

Hi!
Here are some names you might like:  ;)
Cadalina
Kiki
Juno
Regina
Mitsuka
Jenny
 ;D

xoxopleoxoxo

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • Female
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2011, 03:59:31 PM »

Thanks everyone!!!! I also looked up names that mean green, because her eyes are green and I liked Ivy, Tawni, Ava, and Blair!!!!  :D still undecided but getting closer!!!!

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2011, 05:14:37 PM »

Don't forget to take your little one's personality into account as well. Is she quiet? Is she loud and demanding? Does she prefer to hang around near you or look around her domain? *Chuckle* Ryu fits her name pretty well until something changes in her environment. Then her low courage shows itself and she lowers her head and cries.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2011, 06:33:12 PM »

Here's a couple of green names. Olive and Sage.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2011, 06:55:20 PM »

I too have a new pleo to name and I have to say it isn't easy.  :P  There are some great suggestions here. :) 

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2011, 08:11:22 PM »

I forgot the name Sage, I love it, and the spice and so many other things, besides of course the way it sounds Olive is cute too, and original. Of course there are other names like Emeral, Kismet, and I have a whole list of other ones I will have to go fetch and bring back.

Kat, how is your little Pleo doing. I wish there was a way to find out the personality without having to turn it on. :( Has anyone heard any update on the Brazil Situation? I think it may end early next week, as I think Lelekaspace said next Tuesday they were going to open her package. or by Tuesday they would deliver, so I hope that is true. Whenever they do release her pink girl to her, IMR, Kat, Myself and Lelekaspaca will have to pick a time that is good for all of us, within a short period so we can be as close to a simuteaneous Hatch as possible. Being on other sides of the planet, we have to pick a time that is not early in the morning( like 4:00 a.m, ) but also not 10:00 at night. We will have to figure it out timewise, but after all this contest put us through, ( at least some of us. LOL) the rest should be a breeze! If we could do it on a Weekend, and hopefully everyone has the weekend off, everyone will have more time to do this. I of course will film my baby hatching and then we can all post our "Mass hatch", I think it will be a very nice way to Thank Innvo and they will be both surprised and happy.

Sorry to get off topic, I am glad you are getting lots of name suggestions, the members here are great for helping out each other: NOne better anywhere that I have seen! :)               RedwoodsMama

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2011, 08:20:32 PM »

How about Yum Yum (partly because I think of you as 'xoxo')?  :D

xoxopleoxoxo

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • Female
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2011, 08:11:00 AM »

Yeah Sage and yum yum are both cute but ive been calling her Nova, but i can always change it because i like Tawni, Blair, Ava, and Ivy, but i just think she looks like a Nova, im just not sure yet.  ???

xoxopleoxoxo

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • Female
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2011, 09:30:46 AM »

I chose the name!!!!!!! So today I went to Petsmart with my mom, and they have a nametag machine and I made one, so I knew i had to choose a name right then and there, so I randomly thought of Misti, and my mom thought it was cute, so thats what we went with!!!!!!!! ;D Ill post a pic of her with her new nametag later!!!!!!

Margery

• Fossil savant
  • england Female
  • Pleo(s): Drem, Marsha
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2011, 09:48:26 AM »

Oh, I really like that.  Looking forward to the picture(s)  :)

xoxopleoxoxo

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • Female
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2011, 11:48:59 AM »

i cant figure out how to uplode a pic lol ^-^

Margery

• Fossil savant
  • england Female
  • Pleo(s): Drem, Marsha
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2011, 12:21:16 PM »