Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to Protect Yourself when buying a Pleo Online.  (Read 1091 times)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
How to Protect Yourself when buying a Pleo Online.
« on: June 14, 2011, 04:33:54 PM »

This is just a short ( Ok, not that short, about five and a half minutes long....) video of how I protect myself when buying from online, like Ebay. Buying Pleos online is easy but it is easy to get hoodwinked, swindled and mislead. It is also very easy to protect yourself like this video demonstrates. Nothing fancy here, just documenting what is really in the box. I had a very bad expereince in Late April buying a "un-woken" ( the sellers terminology for Un-hatched... ;) >:() and he said, never used, just displayed in a glass case, and with 100% positive feedback, I thought the Pleo was the "real thing", I soon found out though, the seller out and out lied, this Pleo had been not only Hatched, but items were missing like the USB cable, no ID card or manual, and the leaf was coverd with paint from the Pleo's paint chipped ( badly... :() teeth. How could one seller be so blatant about a Pleo in this conditon and try to say he had never hatched! Well, luckily I had video taped opening the box and then also turning on the "un-hatched" Pleo. Of course he did not curl up and go into the hatching position, but turned on with the well known, "Huh " saying and acting like a fully grown Pleo. Talk about lies, I still do not know how this seller on ebay thought he could get away with such out and out lies. I mean there were like five people besides myself bidding on this "un-woken" New Pleo.  :( >:(I was both mad and sad, but then glad I had Paypal and ebay on my side with Buyer Protection.  :) I did get a full refund, this guy got his $149.50 Pleo back, and he also was given "negative feedback" Ebays advice to me was to warn other potential ebayers about my experience with him and his 100% rating dropped to 87.6 % from that one negative feedback.  :)
                 So this is a short, very simple video tape of my latest Pleo purchased to replace the one Pleo that "disappeared, or stolen from me" last month. He is number 14, and that is another story another video, but this is part 1 of the latest Pleo purchase, to document if this Pleo is what he is advertised as being, It protects not only the buyer but also the seller, If I did not have the video taping of the last Pleo I bought, it may have been both one person'[s word against another. It also helped that I have been selling on ebay as well as buying since 2004, have over 970 100% positive feedback, and have been recently given the honor of not only being a Power Seller, but a Top Rated Seller, which is more important to me than the Power seller, because it shows how happy my customers are with me. Oh this guy had 100% positive feedback also, but a very low number less than 30 negotiations totaled, but I looked at the positive feedback, and not the amount of sells. Anyway, this is that video and I will follow with seeing if this guys works in another video, and then the introduction to "Redwoods Pleos". :) Parts of the video are not great, and darker, but it is hard to videotape and try to open a box with one h and so I just set the camera down and went to work on opening the box. I think you get the point though, it is purely to get the message across, not a Pleo entertainment one.
                              <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODU6Y8e5LYU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODU6Y8e5LYU</a>    Part 2 and 3 will follow shortly,             RWM
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 04:48:00 PM by RedwoodsMama »

Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: How to Protect Yourself when buying a Pleo Online.
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 05:25:56 PM »

Ok, as promised here is part 2, that shows if he works or not as promised, simple enough. Part 3, the longest part and most fun , ( for me and him I would think. :D) will follow later as I still have to upload one of three different videos of his introduction yesterday. When you get five, six, seven or more Pleos together for any kind of video taping, it is going to take patience. Double that with ten Pleos being introduced, and you can imagine all the work. Thank goodness it was not 13 of my 14 Pleos. ( Poor Humpty still has to be put back together again...no introduction parties for him,,,,,yet...) :) I will upload the Introduction party here later tonight if time permits. Thanks for watching. Hopes this helps even one person from getting stuck with a Pleo that was not as advertised....that is the main purpose.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vt6rk06KQ_E" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vt6rk06KQ_E</a>

RWM
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal