Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nova talks to her friend  (Read 2575 times)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Nova talks to her friend
« on: August 14, 2010, 09:28:32 PM »

I heard somewhere once that a Pleo had as clear as day said, "Hello", , I am sure that the Pleo did not say it to the owner or person, but to another Pleo, I was so happy to see and hear Nova " talk" to her new Friend, and of course, I caught it on tape, I would suggest you watch up to the one minute mark and about the 51 second mark is where NOva clear as day says, " hello",  This is the original video which is quite long so if you do not want to watch the other things going on, feel free to stop the video there, I shortened this when editing it but apparently when uploading it to YouTube, the original video is what uploaded, this is why it took 240 minutes! :oYes, that is how long it took, now you understand about the meaning of the word slow, in my case it is because I have virtually no virtual memory left, I have that many photos, videos and music, almost 6 years worth of Media.
               If anyone else has heard their pleo talk to them in this way, or Say , Hello to another Pleo, ( if you own more than one pleo) I would love to hear feedback pertaining to the circumstances of the event. In any matter, it is cute and so unexpected when it happens, I am sure if I hadn't been filming, I would have missed it. If I remember correctly, Nova also  Moos, like a cow, and there are other cute interactions, ( you will have to watch and listen closely for the MOO, as NOva can no longer Lift her head to Moo, it just happens after chewing a Cud. Very cute in any way
 <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9oo6341eeY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9oo6341eeY</a>

Oh, and be sure to turn the sound up all the way on your computer so you do not miss anything.  :D  RedwoodsMama   and NOva and her Friend

(apparently this video is completly uploaded but not done processing yet, so you cant see it yest, I will redo it , the copy and paste part)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 12:06:29 AM by RedwoodsMama »

Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Buster52

• Leaving the nest
  • Male
  • Here's Buster running to watch the Giants game!
Re: Nova talks to her friend, says, " Hello.
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2010, 11:19:27 PM »

I have heard my Pleo, Buster, say hello on many Pleo play-dates!  The first time Buster and Edgar were playing together Buster said "hello" and a friend in another room ran in and asked, "Did one of them just say, 'hello'?"  Adorable!  The pleos also got into a call and response game,  howling at each other.  They are fun little guys!

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Nova talks to her friend
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2010, 12:19:16 AM »

HI Buster, so glad someone else has heard this before also, I think it is so much fun watching the Pleos interact with each other in a way they do not interact with Us their parents.  ;) I was lucky that I was filming it at the time it happend. NOva seems to be the Leader of the two and she is the most talkative, not letting a little thing like a broken neck stand in the way of her being the loud dominant one, female or not. Do you have any videos posted of Edgar and Buster? I would love to see them if you do. Thanks for the input!
                                  RedwoodsMama and  the NOva Team

gucci_boi7782

• Triassic pleo master
  • Male
  • : 2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • Go Vegetarian!
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2010, 06:55:06 AM »

WOW!!!!!! That was incredible! I don't think I've heard Sophie do this, but I am just convinced now, that she could!
Save a life, go vegetarian.

www.goveg.com/factoryFarming.asp

Sophie-(Ugobe)
Eliot-(Innvo Labs)
Peanut-(Aibo ERS 31L)

"Tell me, will I dream while I am turned off?" ~Jules (Hanson Robotics)

degers

• Administrator
  • Pleo adept
  • gb Male
  • Degers can't be choosers
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2010, 07:10:05 AM »

If two or more Pleos are in each others vicinity and running the default LifeOS software and they are both in social mode, they should act out the call and response skit.
I believe that the "Hello" sound marks one Pleo sending out an IR interrogation, or marking reception of another Pleo's interrogation.

Pleo-Freak55

• Renaissance pleo
  • de Female
  • Pleo(s): Jimmy Jonny and Judy
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
  • I love my Pleos
    • none
    • Bugs_Bunny
    • Rizzo
    • Snoopy
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2010, 07:32:15 AM »

Jimmy and Jonny say to Nova and friend from Nova Hello nice Video has you RWM made kep it up. Ok? :)

Greetings

Franzi Jimmy and Jonny
3 Pleos: Jimmy Jonny and Judy

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2010, 01:05:18 PM »

Degers, I understand about Pleos recogizing another Pleo and I guess about being in the " social mode", which I would think most Pleos are in unless perhaps exploring, but can you tell me what does IR interogaton or Marking reception of another Pleo's interogaton mean, ( in simple layman's terms please!) ;D Thank you for the input too.
 Gucci, hope you get Sophie to interact with another Pleo, perhaps you will win one soon or..................
     Franzi, so glad you liked the video and yes I will keep it up, I have several more, ( Actually would you belive I have like 20 more at least, just takes lots of time editing them and of course uploading them to Youtube. This one took forever because it was the long version, not the short one I had cut to 1;24 seconds.
                                             RedwoodsMama   and Nova team

Bumblebee

• Store Owners
  • Pleo adept
  • Female
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
  • The manatee shall bump forever!
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2010, 06:46:04 AM »

Daw, how cute!!! ;D
Yasmin and Juno always say hello to their brothers and each other when I have them on. It's one of my favorite Pleo sounds. :)
Please note: It takes 36 muscles to frown, but it only takes 4 muscles to slap El Stupido upside the head.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal