Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
« »
Another view of Baby… Baby getting tired o… Baby and Catnip Pla…
Baby getting tired out
Click the picture to view full size.
 Too much sun and I guess the catnip got to Baby, she is being held up in front of My Husband's Stain glass window he made,( so you can see the colors contrasting eachother ) and you can see she is ready for a nap...Maybe she did get " catnipped", LOL.

I think the blue is my favorite part of this window, I will have to take a photo of Baby awake with a full body shot of her in front of the window. I held her up for this and then took her out of the sleeping postion, but it was easier to take the photos when she shut herself off....perfect timing I guess!

Poster information

RedwoodsMama

• Total Items: 2814
  • Total Comments: 975
Item Info
PostedJanuary 10, 2011, 04:21:55 PM
Width x Height1024x768
Filesize477 KB
Filenamepleowearandtear 027.JPG
Views5139
Rating 5 (2 votes) (Weighted average: 4.99)
Comments6
Last EditedJanuary 10, 2011, 07:17:02 PM
BBC embed code
HTML embed code
Direct link
Exif Metadata
View all entries (13)
Exif Metadata
Date: January 10, 2011, 04:21:55 PM
Make: Canon
Model: Canon FS200
Flash: No Flash
Exposure time: 1/120 sec
Orientation: 1: Normal (0 deg)
Focal length: 2.6 mm
X-Resolution: 180 dpi
Y-Resolution: 180 dpi
Resolution unit: Inch
FNumber: f/4.8
Metering Mode: Multi-Segment
Exif version: version 2.2
Comments Sorting comments by date - Ascending Descending
Pages: [1]

Crewella

• Total Items: 389
  • Total Comments: 703
Comment #1 - Posted January 10, 2011, 09:26:40 PM
Wow, Baby is cute, but I LOVE that window.  I'm a big fan of stained glass and have several old church windows, mostly damaged but still beautiful, propped up around my tiny overstuffed house.  I love the abstract effects on this one - has he used some pieces of old painted glass?  And how did he get the thin lines that bisect some of the colours, different from the traditional leading?

RedwoodsMama

Comment #2 - Posted January 10, 2011, 11:27:53 PM
 Thanks Crewella, my husband is a stained glass artist he did this quite awhile ago and there are lots of techniques and details about how he did it that I can not recite correctly from memory, so he said he will " write it down" for me and then I can tell you correctly, I will take a full photo of this window while the sun is shining through it tommrow and post it for you, I love stained glass and just glass in all it's glory too, I love the colors in this one, I will have to post the photo of the one next to it also as they are both unique and different. the window does make a good backdrop to the Pleo

Crewella

Comment #3 - Posted January 10, 2011, 11:51:18 PM
Thanks RWM - sorry if I'm being a pain asking all those questions.  Your husband sounds absolutely lovely, lucky girl!

This is one of mine.....

Last Edited: January 10, 2011, 11:55:09 PM

RedwoodsMama

Comment #4 - Posted January 11, 2011, 01:43:09 AM
HI  Crewella, what a nice window, it does look pretty tall , esp if it came from a church. Jlust how tall is this anyway, about five feet or more? HOw in the earth do you get Stained glass windows that came from a church? I can't imagine someone tearing down a church....how old is this one it looks older than say the 1950's perhaps the early 1900's turn of the century.? If it came from the UK, I have no idea as I am basing it on the way the Priest is dressed, and the style of the frame around it is familiar with ones I have seen in San Francisco , but a lot of them use a lot more Reds and Cobalt Blues, etc, I bet my husband could tell from the color of the glass, etc.  His cousin is also a stained glass artist and has a studio online, does a lot of Disney fantasy figures, and my husband and his brother did a great Beatles Window that I just love. I wish I had that kind of talent but I don't, My husband says the first thing you have to get used to is all the cuts you get on your hands and fingers from the glass, no way to get around that. Do you have anymore photos of some of your windows, would love to share photos with you of them.

Crewella

Comment #5 - Posted January 11, 2011, 02:28:45 AM
That one is about 3 feet tall, and I believe is from around 1900, European, possibly German.  It's sad - however beautiful I do think they look better in a church.  I will try to find some pics of the others - I'm lucky that I work in an auction house so get to see when things like that come up for sale - there are a few churches being redeveloped in some areas of the UK.
Last Edited: January 11, 2011, 02:30:43 AM

JamesHS

• Total Items: 0
  • Total Comments: 1
Comment #6 - Posted January 11, 2011, 01:19:41 PM
I love this picture, if I didn't have a net-book I would have it and my desktop background!
SMF Media Gallery 2.0.5 © SMF-Media.com
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal