Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 9 [10]
 on: May 03, 2022, 05:57:15 PM 
Started by pleolover234 - Last post by Jett
THANKS! I found the ebay auction! Cool ! 

Hi Jett,

Sent you an email as requested but am posting to the forum for others.

You can find a diy kit offered on ebay by a forum member adame  Ugobe Pleo Replacement High Capacity Battery RE-CELL - DIY OPTION | eBay

Or go hard core with the 3d printer option:

TUTORIAL: How to make a Pleo battery pack for a third the cost of a real one (bobthepleo.com)

Your choice!

Best of luck!

Cheers!

Peter Hicks
Zaragoza, Spain

on: May 03, 2022, 12:17:23 PM 
Started by pleolover234 - Last post by pnhicks

Hi Jett,

Sent you an email as requested but am posting to the forum for others.

You can find a diy kit offered on ebay by a forum member adame  Ugobe Pleo Replacement High Capacity Battery RE-CELL - DIY OPTION | eBay

Or go hard core with the 3d printer option:

TUTORIAL: How to make a Pleo battery pack for a third the cost of a real one (bobthepleo.com)

Your choice!

Best of luck!

Cheers!

Peter Hicks
Zaragoza, Spain

on: May 03, 2022, 10:59:38 AM 
Started by pleolover234 - Last post by Jett
Hi Peter.  I have the same situation. I want to get my Ozzy the Ugobe Pleo running again. I have 2 batteries that do not charge anymore.  I also have an Innvo Lab Pleo (Dopey) he's fine but I want them to play together again. Dopey misses him. My email is jetdogy@aol.com Please use "Ugobe Pleo" in the subject.

Thanks!

Georgette

on: May 02, 2022, 09:15:18 AM 
Started by aibomick - Last post by Talon
Hi, Mick and welcome to the forums! RB skin on a Ugobe? How did you do it? LOL! Well, I’m glad you were able to fix the problem. Here are my thoughts. RB skin is two or three hairs breadth thicker  than that of the Ugobes. My thought is it must have bound up in that knee joint and just not come out for some reason. I have had this happen even on my RB’s. Granted there is no clicking, but it Does cause a permanent wrinkle there when you have to repeatedly remove it from the inner joints.  Glad to see people are still interested in the little dinos even after this long. Thanks for posting and keeping our little scaly friends alive.

Tallon

on: April 04, 2022, 11:20:47 AM 
Started by RangerForPleo - Last post by pnhicks
Hi Florian,

The tail issue is most likely a broken cable or cables.

The start up issue is hard to trouble shoot without more details - Describe the sequence in detail from pushing the on button, led color, flashing/steady, beeps or other sounds/grunts by pleo, and time until Pleo shuts down.  Is it completely shutdown?  Can you "wake up" by touching?  Do you know the battery status?

It would be handy to install a SD card with "statsRB" script to capture the startup messages and perhaps the error code for the shutdown.

Cheers!

Peter

on: April 02, 2022, 02:59:59 PM 
Started by taoworm23 - Last post by RangerForPleo
Thank you very much Peter

on: April 02, 2022, 12:12:18 PM 
Started by taoworm23 - Last post by pnhicks
Hi Florian,

Ah yes, an age old question!  The Ugobe Pleo battery and the Rb battery have the polarity "key" (the little rectangular protrusion on the bottom of the battery) in different positions.

In the battery compartment of the RB there are two slots for the battery polarity key, one for RB batteries and one for Ugobe batteries.  Unfortunately, as it was made before there were RBs, the Ugobe battery well only has one battery polarity key, for Ugobe batteries!

Apparently Innvo didn't want owners of Ugobe Pleos using RB batteries in Ugobe Pleos, but didn't mind letting their new customers reuse their old batteries in  RBs.

You CAN remove the polarity key from an RB battery with an razor knife etc, and then it COULD be used in a UGOBE pleo with two drawbacks:

1. IMPORTANT!! You will not have reverse polarity protection from installing the battery 180 degree from normal position,  You will have to ensure correct orientation  of battery on each installation.  Not recommended if small children will be removing and reinstalling the battery unattended.

2.  The standard rb battery charger WILL NOT recognize the battery without the polarity key.  What I used to do is save the sawed off key from the battery and place it into the charger before installing the battery.  All this is a bit fiddly, but I did it for many years without a single failure.

Hope this helps!

Cheers

Peter

on: April 02, 2022, 11:08:23 AM 
Started by taoworm23 - Last post by RangerForPleo
Hello, everyone,

can I use a Pleo RB battery for a classic Ugobe Pleo or can something break?

Thanks very much!

Florian

on: April 02, 2022, 07:33:55 AM 
Started by RangerForPleo - Last post by RangerForPleo
Hello, everyone,

my Pleo RB has a problem with its tail. He does not move as he should and always stays down. I bought it on ebay as defective and now I want to try to repair it again. Unfortunately, the problem is too that Pleo freezes after a few seconds or minutes. There is a sound like something is still working, but it doesn't move.

What can I do to get Pleo running again? I already installed the Pleo RB firmware V1.1 and that worked, but unfortunately it didn't improve its condition.

Please give me any tips or ideas on how to get Pleo healthy again. :'(

Thanks very much

Florian

on: March 26, 2022, 09:33:20 AM 
Started by Pintokitkat - Last post by pnhicks
Hello All,

The attachment link for Pintokitkat's original design is now functioning again!

Cheers!

Peter

Pages: 1 ... 9 [10]
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal