Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: warranty length?  (Read 2347 times)

scaledandtailed

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
warranty length?
« on: November 14, 2009, 05:57:16 PM »

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but if not please feel free to move it somewhere more appropriate.
    I contacted Innvo labs to find out how long their warrantee cover was and   they stated 90 days which doesn’t really seem long at all.  Is this normal for the uS?  It’s just that in the UK goods are   usually   covered for a year. As I’m buying outside the UK I doubt that UK   consumer laws    would cover me. I was also just wondering why so short a time period?  I just assumed that it would be a year for the us also.
 That’s assuming that the   company is based in the US which come to think of it I never thought to   check.
      Can’t really order the 2009 model   in the UK. I did see a sight selling the original ones but they where wanting £220 witch when you add postage and packing       would prob work out more than I would have to pay if I ordered the 2009 version directly from innvolabs
   Any help would be    appreciated.
  Thanks in advance.
  Lou

« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 06:52:15 PM by grumpy »

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Re: warrantee length?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 06:09:26 PM »

Yup, sadly unlike everywhere else in the world it seems, the US only have a 90 day warranty. Rest assured though that most major problems become apparent well before then :)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

grumpy

• Administrator
  • Pleosmith
  • we Male
  • : 2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Skipper
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Statler
    • Lucy
    • Bob the Pleo
Re: warranty length?
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2009, 06:53:26 PM »

Yep.  US lets them get away with 90 days.

But there is a distributor in the UK that sells the new 2009 models.  Maybe we can get degers to post the link.

Echo

• Pleo explorer
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2009, 07:07:39 PM »

If you can find a UK distributor that sells the 2009 model, buy from them.  I have heard by law in the UK you will get a longer warranty that way.   Why not email pleoworld and ask who their UK distributor is?   When you find out, let us know.

scaledandtailed

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2009, 07:49:43 PM »

Hi everyone.
 Thanks for your replies
 I already  sent an email off to their customer   service around mid week this week  and was  informed   that they didn’t  have any   UK distributors at  present  but would look into it in future.
 Email text follows
 Thank You for Your Request

At this time the only way to Purchase a new Pleo with the update skin and paint is to purchase from the Pleoworld.com web site.  We are working on International
distribution and will place that information on the web site when they are available.  Make sure that you have registered to receive email, we are running
a special that only registered email customers receive.

Derek Dotson COO

I did come across  an  official UK dealer    that stated  they had  2009 2010 models    but when I  looked around the sight  it seemed that it hadn’t been updated or  copyrighted    since 2008, there was  no mention  of the pleo  trademark and  rights  changing hands  and Ugobe was  still referred to and sighted  as being the  ones holding  the pleo trademark. There was no mention of innvo labs or any info relating to   the improvements made on the2009 pleos. I didn’t really feel safe using it tbh so I just dismissed it.
    There  where no other UK  sights that I could find   referring to 2009 pleo moddels 

Lou

degers

• Administrator
  • Pleo adept
  • gb Male
  • Degers can't be choosers
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2009, 06:01:29 AM »

Yep.  US lets them get away with 90 days.

But there is a distributor in the UK that sells the new 2009 models.  Maybe we can get degers to post the link.

I heard my name! :D

I found this website, however I have not bought a Pleo from it, or contact them to verify their claims, so I take no responsibility for anything that you receive when buying from this site! :S

http://www.pleostore.co.uk/

scaledandtailed

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2009, 11:09:09 AM »

Think that was the site I was looking at.
     Just saw it is copyrighted 2009 so I was wrong their but   the rest of the info is very out of date.
  Under latest news for example    the latest item is talking about the pleo    that had the software upgrade to enable it to sit.
 Nothing about a model with improved skin and paint etc is mentioned anywhere in the sight.  Under accessories there’s no mention of the new battery charger by innvo labs. The one that can condition your batteries.

If you have a wee look round you’ll see what I mean about being a bit out of date in terms of information. 
   The sight looks    genuine enough  but  Personally I don’t think that  this sight would be a  good idea to use as I suspect that the new 2009 models might be referring to the ones with the software upgrade  that  ugobe   produced before going down  than the ones innvo labs  where referring to  but I could be wrong.
     Thanks though for the link.
 Lou

degers

• Administrator
  • Pleo adept
  • gb Male
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2009, 11:16:23 AM »

Lou,

As a UK resident, I would recommend buying from Amazon.co.uk.  They have one of the lowest prices in the UK and with the years warranty you should be fine.  If your Pleo is going to break, it will break within a year, trust me, plus if you get bored after six months you can always send it back ;)  (kidding).

At this point in time I see no point in buying one of the new Innovo models, not that much has been changed and it is not worth it in my opinion to shell out an extra £70-80 on the enhancements offered in the new version.

Degers

scaledandtailed

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2009, 12:37:52 PM »

Thanks   degers.
 It’s the new   improved model that I’m looking for though and they don’t have that in stock at Amazon so looks like I’ll just have to order    directly from pleoworld.  Picky I know but apart from the cosmetic changes its hearing recognition has also been improved.
 Thanks for your help   though it’s  appreciated. 
 Shame about the warrantee only being treed months.
 Can’t believe you guys in the US get such a raw deal where that’s concerned.
  Thanks again for your help everyone.
  Lou

degers

• Administrator
  • Pleo adept
  • gb Male
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2009, 01:15:11 PM »

Hi Lou,

No problems ordering from the US other than the immense cost and warranty difference!  If you are sure that you are willing to pay £70-80 for a few minor improvements and only a three month warranty then go for it, however as an experienced Pleo owner I would STRONGLY urge against buying from Innovo at this time and I would VERY STONGLY recommend buying from Amazon.co.uk and getting the Ugobe version!  After all, the differences in the new and old versions are very minor tweaks at this point and I do not believe them to be worth that price and warranty period sacrifice.  The amazon.co.uk price is a deal you will not be able to take advantage for much longer and I really would go for it if I were you!

Degers

scaledandtailed

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2009, 01:43:29 PM »

Perhaps but it’s still sitting at£195 new   on Amazon as aposed to£210 plus free battery on pleoworld which isn’t a huge saving tbh. If it was £150 then I could see the merits maybe but not at nearly £200 as it stands.  Having said that the pleoworld    price is     before shipping which is where the hefty cost might come in.
     Thinks again.
 Lou

degers

• Administrator
  • Pleo adept
  • gb Male
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2009, 02:24:02 PM »

Lou, The price from pleoworld including shipping and converted to £ from current exchange rate is:  £253.41

£253-195 = £58 difference.  The amazon.co.uk price has gone up since last week.  Last week the price stood at:  £186.46.

scaledandtailed

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2009, 04:06:25 PM »

43 quid for shipping is pretty hefty indeed. .
  I’m guessing the price went up in Amazon because of an influx in people buying them for Christmas maybe?    I’m guessing as the Ugobe stocks  can’t be  replenished in UK stores    the price will increase as stocks get lower and lower.
 That’s just a guess though and it would  depend on demand. 
     I was about to  ask as   their by ugobe  how   would  this effect the warrantee  but  it’s the retailer not the manufacture that deals   with  this  so things are   OK from that perspective.
  Lou

Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal