Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Numbers on Nova's front foot, number made, or what?  (Read 2554 times)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Numbers on Nova's front foot, number made, or what?
« on: February 03, 2010, 01:01:18 AM »

Hi, I don't know where to post this, but I know it is not experiences or such, so I will try here. Does anyone know what the numbers ( like a barcode)
mean on the front right foot, there are 12 numbers and in the extreme upper corner there are 3 numbers. Does this refer to how many have been made, the shipment number, etc. Does the upper 3 numbers refer to anything special? Is this a registration number by any chance? Nova didn't come with her registration card, so the only way I can think of to protect this " barcode ' is to put socks or booties on to prevent it from rubbing off while walking.

I would appreciate anyone knowing what these numbers mean. Also does anyone have any idea how many Pleos have been made thus far: by Ugobe and Inova each? Did these first come out in 2007, as that is what I think I have read? Thank you! :)

Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

grin06

• Pleo explorer
  • Male
Re: Numbers on Nova's front foot, number made, or what?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 02:34:29 AM »

hi redwoodmommy,
 it it begins with 8168...then your pleo is from innovolab, if otherwise then it is from ugobe.
Read this: a statement from innovo:
  There is a simple way to distinguish between Ugobe Pleo or Innvo Labs Pleo by checking the serial number, the 12 digits serial number of all Innvo Labs Pleo is formatted as 8168XXXXXXX8 . The serial number is found on the bottom feet of Pleo.

So the Serial number’s are: 816800000018, 816800000028, 816800000038.................816800005998, 816800006008, etc, etc. These are the NEW AND IMPROVWED INNVO LABS VERSION PLEO’S.
hope this helps
 regards

gucci_boi7782

• Triassic pleo master
  • Male
  • : 2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • Go Vegetarian!
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 04:02:38 AM »

hi redwoodmommy,
 it it begins with 8168...then your pleo is from innovolab, if otherwise then it is from ugobe.
Read this: a statement from innovo:
  There is a simple way to distinguish between Ugobe Pleo or Innvo Labs Pleo by checking the serial number, the 12 digits serial number of all Innvo Labs Pleo is formatted as 8168XXXXXXX8 . The serial number is found on the bottom feet of Pleo.

So the Serial number’s are: 816800000018, 816800000028, 816800000038.................816800005998, 816800006008, etc, etc. These are the NEW AND IMPROVWED INNVO LABS VERSION PLEO’S.
hope this helps
 regards

<thumbs up>

Very helpful! Thank you for contributing!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 04:05:36 AM by gucci_boi7782 »
Save a life, go vegetarian.

www.goveg.com/factoryFarming.asp

Sophie-(Ugobe)
Eliot-(Innvo Labs)
Peanut-(Aibo ERS 31L)

"Tell me, will I dream while I am turned off?" ~Jules (Hanson Robotics)

Bumblebee

• Store Owners
  • Pleo adept
  • Female
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
  • The manatee shall bump forever!
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 07:55:17 PM »

Good answer, grin. :) Well, I gues I can't put it any better than that!
Yes, the numbers are the serial number. If your pleo has an identity card (it's green with a pleo on it) the numbers on the back will be the same as on your pleos foot :)
Please note: It takes 36 muscles to frown, but it only takes 4 muscles to slap El Stupido upside the head.

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 10:16:31 PM »

Ah, alas, my babe has no identy card, as she was purchased, ( adopted) from someone who got her for their daughter last Christmas, (2008) and was too advanced for the 8 year old, so just sat on  shelf somewhere, but she had no card when I got her. She is a Ugobe, and I still dont' know what the upper 3 numbers in corner of her foot stand for? Number made, etc.
            Also does anyone have any idea at all how many were made each year up to the 2009 model which is not ugobe of course? Just curiouos how many have been made thus far? I just found NOva by accident trying to find a present for my grandson who is 8. She is too advanced for him I think, so I kept NOva and bought him D-Rex which is more up his alley. Besides, Nova wanted me as a mommy , and I couldn't be happier.
                     Great answer about the code or serial number on foot, just what are those 3 upper numbers please!!!!!!!!!
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

allosaurus

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2010, 12:41:39 PM »

I know this doesn't answer your question at all, but I recall hearing that the number does NOT need to be protected, and Pleos cannot go through identity theft of any sort relating to the number.

Am I right, or am I just delusional?

Bumblebee

• Store Owners
  • Pleo adept
  • Female
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
  • The manatee shall bump forever!
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2010, 04:40:55 PM »

Corner number, no idea. I never even noticed it. XD
Serial numbers should be kept secret though, or people can lay claims to your pleo (something like that, ask Degers.  ;D )
Please note: It takes 36 muscles to frown, but it only takes 4 muscles to slap El Stupido upside the head.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal