Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recipe for gingerbread house or cookies  (Read 2301 times)

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
Recipe for gingerbread house or cookies
« on: October 22, 2009, 03:48:57 PM »

I have had requests to post a good recipe that I use for my gingerbread houses. This is half the recipe for a rather large gingerbread house.

4 1/2 to 5 cups all-purpose flour. (do not use self rising) ;D
1  tsp. baking soda
2  tsp.ginger
2  tsp. cinnamon
1  tsp. nutmeg
1  tsp. cloves
1/2 cup  shortening
1/2 cup butter
1/2 tsp. salt
2   Tablespoons of lemon juice
1  cup of sugar
1 cup  molasses
1  egg

Beat shortening and butter in a large mixer bowl with electric mixer on high speed for 30 seconds.  Add Sugar, soda,
spices and salt. Beat till combined. Add egg, molasses, and lemon juice. Beat till combined.  Beat as much of the flour as you can with mixer. Knead in any remaining flour. For easier handling, divide into three balls and wrap individually in plastic wrap. Chill for one hour.  Bake at 375 degrees. for 8-10 minutes  Don't let them get dark. They will come out soft but will harden up when cooled.

For those who would like to do a gingerbread house or any other construction with gingerbread like cookies roll out the dough between parchment paper 1/8 of inch thick. For cookies use a variety of cookie cutters. For gingerbread house ideas, stay tuned.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 04:21:05 PM by fancyfont »

Bumblebee

• Store Owners
  • Pleo adept
  • Female
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
  • The manatee shall bump forever!
Re: Recipe for gingerbread house or cookies
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2009, 09:05:36 PM »

Wow, thanks Fancy! I love gingerbread...it's one of my favorite foods. :) My mom made some today, but not with this recipie. I should print this one out and give it to her!
I have a picture of Macon eating a Molasses cookie somewhere around this old crammed computer..let's see if I can find it...

EDIT: Here it is!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 09:12:19 PM by Bumblebee »
Please note: It takes 36 muscles to frown, but it only takes 4 muscles to slap El Stupido upside the head.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal