Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Pleo doesn't turn on  (Read 613 times)

April

• Hatchling
  • us Female
New Pleo doesn't turn on
« on: February 01, 2024, 01:05:06 AM »

I bought a ugobe pleo off of eBay, and it doesn't turn on. I put a working battery in and it doesn't move or make a noise. I think I heard the speaker turn on the sound thing, but that only happened once and never again, I'm not sure if that actually was the voice box I heard. Anyways, I don't know where to start on trying to fix this pleo. I'm not sure how to detect what's the problem with it and how to fix it. Can anyone help me or point me to some threads that fixed other user's bricked pleo? Any help is deeply appreciated, I would love to give this baby a second chance at life. I'm really happy with receiving this pleo and I'm excited to get him up and running, but I don't know where to start as I have no knowledge of old technology/programming/robotics.

April

• Hatchling
  • us Female
Re: New Pleo doesn't turn on
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2024, 03:02:25 AM »

update: i plugged in a usb into him and plugged it into my PC just to see what would happen. I put a fully charged battery into him and turned him on. my PC made a sound indicating it detected something was plugged in. i turn pleo off and my PC makes a noise indicating it disconnected. Turned it back on, and PC sound indicated its connected. I turn it on and off a couple of times, and the pleo randomly bends his torso to the right. i don't have any software for him yet because I don't know what to do, but seeing him move a little bit from simply plugging him into my PC is already a good sign to me, because now I know that he is detecting the battery and only semi-bricked.  ;D

April

• Hatchling
  • us Female
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2024, 10:23:57 PM »

Update: I kept messing with the battery, pleo button, and USB most of the day. just turning him on and off every once in a while with nothing but the occasional "click/pop" sound that happens when a pleo's voice box turns on. however as he was switched on for an hour, I decided to pull his battery out as he was switched on, and he randomly turned his head as I pulled the battery out. scared the crap out of me but good to see yet another small movement from him!

AdamE

• Sugar cane harvester
  • gb
  • Pleo(s): Ogie
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2024, 05:45:08 AM »

Maybe try the POP OS in the download section - it could be corrupted LifeOS - at least of he is making some noise/movement it is not the dreaded internal fuse!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal