Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Maxwell's skin color is rubbing off!!!!  (Read 7605 times)

Burberry016

• Camarasaur extraordinaire
  • Male
  • Another Pleo with a "Bling" (or "Pling" :) )
Maxwell's skin color is rubbing off!!!!
« on: June 19, 2009, 09:16:07 PM »

I just got Maxwell a couple of days ago and i kept on petting him a lot.  He was really happy.  But as I pet him his skin color was being rubbed off!  Now where this is supposed to be green there is tan spots on Maxwell!  Does anybody have any suggestions besides using baby powder to hault the skin color from rubbing off any further?  In the owner's manuel it said not to rub foreign substances on Pleo because it may void the warrent.  I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Does someone have a trick for this problem?

"It is my buisness to know things.  Perhaps I have trained myself to see what others overlook.  If not, why should you come to consult me?"
~Sherlock Holmes

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Re: Maxwell's skin color is rubbing off!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2009, 12:13:04 AM »

This is perfectly normal, take Maxwell down to your local pet store, or shop that sells pet things (often cheap stores have some) and pick out a nice little dog coat/jumper to protect his back :) Most of us here have little outfits of sorts for our Pleo's :)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

13es

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • Female
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 06:37:31 AM »

i would sujest puting clothes on your pleo so when you peted maxwel the paint would not rub of eny more

justbede

• Pleo visionary
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 05:10:32 PM »

Careful if you experiment with baby powder, i have heard it can dry out the skin and make things worse.
Innvo Labs, creating life since 2009

allosaurus

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2009, 01:34:20 PM »

I'm experimenting with skin balms. At this point, the warranty probably doesn't really matter so I'm trying just about everything you are able to put on Pleo to do something to the skin (soften, make tighter, preventing paint from coming off, etc.).

So... With luck, you may hear good news from me in preventing paint from coming off! ^^

Nafcom

• Pleo wanderer
  • Male
    • Nafcom's Crap Blog!
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2009, 02:10:55 AM »

I'm experimenting with skin balms. At this point, the warranty probably doesn't really matter so I'm trying just about everything you are able to put on Pleo to do something to the skin (soften, make tighter, preventing paint from coming off, etc.).

So... With luck, you may hear good news from me in preventing paint from coming off! ^^

Any progress so far?
Nafcom's Crap Blog & Nafcom's Crap Forum. Because I am weird like that :)

maui

• Following the footsteps
  • Female
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2009, 12:00:44 PM »

Anyone ever tried a clear liquid latex or a spray on rubber coating such as : http://www.superior-industries.com/weather_seal_product_203.html?gclid=CLqOzsel954CFQdl4wodowcEJg

Bumblebee

• Store Owners
  • Pleo adept
  • Female
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
  • The manatee shall bump forever!
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2009, 10:59:06 AM »

That doesn't sounds like a very good idea....
I just leave my pleos the way they are. Wear sort of shows a sign of much love and attention.
In any case, you could try putting a little green makeup on your Pleos tan spots. before it went bankrupt, Pleoworld was going to make some green powders for Pleo. :) Customer service said so.
Please note: It takes 36 muscles to frown, but it only takes 4 muscles to slap El Stupido upside the head.

maui

• Following the footsteps
  • Female
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2009, 04:35:55 PM »

Ok, just thought something like that rubber spray would be good to coat the existing rubber skin so the paint can never be reached to be rubbed off.
That product says that it doesn't affect paints, etc and being rubber it would be breathable so that Pleo wouldn't overheat. Just guessing though..

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2009, 06:29:43 PM »

Lilo is twelve months old and she has very little wear, a t-shirt is the best protection.

PLEOGALINBC

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
  • I am MermaidCaitey from youtube. :D
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2009, 10:39:26 PM »

One day when your pleo is very old you will have to get him/her reincarnated. Some of the skin under there chins will eventuely where through. :(

Bumblebee

• Store Owners
  • Pleo adept
  • Female
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2009, 04:14:48 PM »

LOL PGB, you do't know how right you are. XD Macon looks like he could use a shave, but you can't tell unless he lifts his head up real high, and he's too lazy to do that.  :P
Please note: It takes 36 muscles to frown, but it only takes 4 muscles to slap El Stupido upside the head.

PLEOGALINBC

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
  • I am MermaidCaitey from youtube. :D
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2009, 04:33:45 PM »

Good thing is,is that they will only have a new body.

allosaurus

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2010, 09:25:48 AM »

Any progress so far?

Well all I've discovered so far is that Pledge (the cleaning stuff) gives Pleo soft baby-skin for a day or two, and that Neosporin gives the eyes a beautiful shine. ^^'

Still working at it, trust me.

degers

• Administrator
  • Pleo adept
  • gb Male
  • Degers can't be choosers
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2010, 10:08:57 AM »

WHy would you put Neosporin on Pleo eyes?

DBPbear

• Leaving the nest
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2010, 02:31:58 AM »

I posted this info in a different thread a couple of months ago -- but it seemed appropriate to add it here.

I have found the perfect paint for retouching Pleo's skin.  It's a water soluble vinyl paint that becomes insoluble when it's dry and is manufactured by Lefranc & Bourgeois.  The "Chrome Green Couleur Mate" is almost the exact color of Pleo's skin.  I also bought a tube of "Spring Green" and "Black."  The Spring Green is a close match to the lighter green color on Pleo's body -- and if you mix it with Chrome Green it's spot on.  For Pleo's darker areas, I mixed a little bit of black with the Chrome Green.  I wish I had taken some "before" and "after" photos.  The overall result was so good, that I can hardly see the areas I've touched up -- and I know exactly where they are.

You can buy the paint at Blick Art Supplies (dickblick.com).  They have stores in 17 states or you can order it online.  For more info about the paint itself, check out (bourgeois-flashe-vinyl-paint/#description).  Put the "www" in before dickblick.com and bourgeois....  When I do it, my text gets erased.

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2010, 10:32:10 PM »

It is funny because I was worried about rubbing the skin under Nova's chin so much that it will rub right off. Does anyone know if it makes any difference at all if you make human contact, skin to her skin, or if wearing a rubber thin latex glove when rubbing her will slow down the skin wear problem.? Is it the rubbing that is a problem or the fact that humans have an oil in their skin that speeds up the erosion problem? Also does the fact if your skin is cold or hot make any difference at all?
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2010, 10:57:44 PM »

Latex on rubber = bad idea - that would cause more friction.

I've never heard of anyone rubbing the skin off entirely so I don't think you need to worry.

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2010, 11:39:38 PM »

There's always cotton gloves,  ;) but pleo's chin is the best place to rub. That's  the thickest place and not likely to wear out from rubbing.

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2010, 12:33:02 AM »

Thanks IMR and fancyfont, I appreciate the feedback from both you lovellies! I just don't want to see Nova get 5;00 clock shadow, she is too young and the wrong gender for that! Cotton gloves, there is a idea I had not thought of, but yes, human contact is so much more pleasant, at least for my part!
          Best to you both, hope to talk to you soon!
                 It is raining and grey here in the " Beautiful California Redwoods,  :) nice when the sun does come out
                                RedwoodsMama   and Nova
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Bumblebee

• Store Owners
  • Pleo adept
  • Female
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2010, 12:09:31 PM »

I agree with Fancy and IMR. Macon looks like he could use a shave, but you can only tell when he lifts his head up very high. I don't think the stuff in your hands would do much to it, it's just how hard you rub. :)

allosaurus

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2010, 12:38:11 PM »

Gosh, Olympia totally has stubble XD  It's all darkened in some spots and jutting out and down, it's very visible.

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2010, 10:48:22 PM »

I'm curious, really curious! Do you have fingernails that might be roughing up the skin on the chin? If yours are like mine, very thin, I can see that continuous "scratching" could roughen on the skin. Rubbing should should be fine.
When Peeky first went to a restaurant, he had some red cabbage. Not a good idea! :o  He ended up with a purple chin. ;D It has since faded. :)

Thank you for the compliment, Redwoodsmama.  ;)

Junkroxy

• Renaissance pleo
  • Male
    • Pleo Blog
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2010, 06:54:30 PM »

Dont use skin powder, that was a bad suggestion from ugobe, and very dangerous for pleo's skin: it can dry the skin and create holes and tears :(

the secret about how to take good care of the skin is to pet Pleo very gently, with a soft touch, for the first 1-2 week/s.
the paint will be more strong after the contact with the air ;) my pleo Glen is 2 years old and he's in a very good condition!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 06:56:53 PM by Junkroxy »

allosaurus

« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2010, 09:21:15 AM »

I'm curious, really curious! Do you have fingernails that might be roughing up the skin on the chin? If yours are like mine, very thin, I can see that continuous "scratching" could roughen on the skin. Rubbing should should be fine.

I don't think I use my fingernails much, but I might.... Come to think of it (after trying to rub my own chin to see how I do it), I may accidentally scrape my nails against Olympia's chin (not hard, but I guess hard enough to make her shed :P ).  Even the short fingernails like I have (I always nibble and pull parts off to make them shorter) may be able to cause it.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal