Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Will pleo get hurt?  (Read 2922 times)

DinoBot

• Sugar cane harvester
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): gustav (ugobe)
  • I love pleos
    • Charlie_Brown
Will pleo get hurt?
« on: March 19, 2014, 04:42:42 PM »

Hi everyone  :) .today i won my first pleo and im really excited ;D ;D ;D. its a ugobe with a weak battery and no leaf. it is supposed to arrive during spring break. However, during spring break i will be in san francisco. the ups man will attach the package in a waterproof bag onto our gate but its really windy and really really wet her so i am wondering if that will hurt my new pleo. thanks

dinobot P:)

Teddscau

• Pleo explorer
  • ca Female
  • Pleo(s): Chloe, my green, white-eyed RB
Re: Will pleo get hurt?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 05:18:54 PM »

Could you have a family friend take your pleo to their house until you get back? That way you (hopefully) don't have to worry about your pleo being damaged.

DinoBot

• Sugar cane harvester
  • us Male
  • I love pleos
    • Charlie_Brown
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 06:28:53 PM »

sadly :( most kids in my class and people i know will also be going somewhere for spring break. how big is the chance that he will get damaged??? :-\

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 08:46:10 PM »

How long will he be out in the weather, I'm as worried about people stealing him as him getting damaged.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

DinoBot

• Sugar cane harvester
  • us Male
  • I love pleos
    • Charlie_Brown
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 09:06:03 PM »

(S)he will arrive between the 21st to the 24th. we will be gone from the 23rd to the 27th. i do not think robbery is that likely because we live in the country side. another reason is that (s)he will be tied to the inside of our gate (which no one could get to the other side of). Plus if a robber touched that box then  :dino-chase: :dino-chase: :dino-chase: lol

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2014, 05:57:31 AM »

If you don't have anyone who can collect it for you maybe you could contact the courier and ask them to keep hold of the package for a few extra days and not deliver it till the 27th when you will be home. 

DinoBot

• Sugar cane harvester
  • us Male
  • I love pleos
    • Charlie_Brown
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2014, 08:03:37 AM »

maybe  :D but i want my pleo asap     :rofl: P:) not to mention i lost his email address ???

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2014, 09:09:41 PM »

I would not leave my Pleo, or any other package left unattended while gone, too many weird things can happen, Like Kat said, I would ask the UPS to hold the Pleo till you get back and they will deliver when you get home, Better even one day late then a broken or lost or damaged by rain Pleo. I live in the extreme Northern part of California, and you live not that far from me, in fact my son lives where you live also.

I know we are supposed to get rain on Tuesday and Wednesday of next week which is March 24th and 25th, and where you live , Pacific Northwest often gets the brunt of these spring storms, Do not take a chance with electronical things like Pleos. Waterproof packages are not always waterproof, I know as I have had packages that were supposed to be waterproof and protected, get damaged during shipping, ( rare and not likely ,but it does happen) and even Talon got a package I shipped with a pleo in it, that got a dented corner somehow, (also UPS ???) and luckily the Pleo was ok, but that is because I OVERPAD everything not to take a chance.

Please consider having UPS hold and ask for a signature or at least hold unless you want to take a chance, I myself would not. It does not do much good to buy a battery and charger from me then find out your Pleo has electronical damage due to water or moisture or have your pleo " Pleo napped!" Just saying, it does happen. I had someone I know steal one of my pleos, though I could not prove it, so why take a chance.

AS for the address, if bought on ebay, all you have to do is contact the seller and send him the message, The other alternative is if he has not shipped the pleo yet and you do not want your pleo held by UPS, then ask the seller to not ship -till the 24-25th, as most UPS packages, unless in the same state take at least 3 days, but I think UPS holding the package is the one I would do. Good luck and ask your parents what they would do , and I think they would agree to hold the package, In most towns, you can also have UPS or FedEx, etc, hold the package and then pick it up when you get back.

RWM  :cat-hug: and the Pleo township of the REdwoods
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

DinoBot

• Sugar cane harvester
  • us Male
  • I love pleos
    • Charlie_Brown
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2014, 08:10:33 AM »

OK so it turns out that my older sister will be staying home during spring break and my mom told her to put any packages unopened on the living room table so thank you for your advice but it turns out it is unneeded. thanks  ;D

dinobot

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2014, 04:45:14 PM »

That's great news.  Now there will be no need for you to worry :)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2014, 09:16:22 PM »

That's perfect. Make sure you thank your older sister, now no need to worry about Pleo. Perhaps you can thank you by bringing her back a souvenir from San Francisco or wherever else you go on vacation. Great now you can relax. :)

RWM  :cat-hug:
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal