Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pleo rb not responding  (Read 3112 times)

Rex

• Hatchling
  • Male
Pleo rb not responding
« on: December 17, 2013, 10:41:33 AM »

Hello everybody!

I have a serious problem here and I need your help to fix this. A month ago, my buddy and I tried to reset our Pleo rb to the newborn stage (worst idea ever!). But the power indicator turned red after we followed the steps on the internet, put a program on a blank MicroSD card and insert it into the Pleo. We tried to turn the Pleo off, but it didn't, so we removed the battery because we were afraid it was empty. Now it doesn't do a thing anymore (apart from some unexplicable spasmic movements after it just started). Pleo rb would still turn on, but even with fully charged batteries, the power indicator would turn red. The Pleo won't move, won't make any sounds and won't turn off anymore. So we removed the back-up battery from it's paw to delete all contents and tried to download the right firmware we found on the internet. It made a few sounds, but after that, the power indicator turned red again and Pleo still won't do anything, including turning off. So we removed all contens again and tried it again with firmware that was given to us by the customer service. But this time, it didn't even make a sound at all, and nothing improved. We are desperate and need serious help! So please, is there anybody who can help out?

Regards, Rex

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Pleo rb not responding
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2013, 04:15:41 PM »

Sadly as you have discovered it is not possible to reset a pleo rb back to hatching.  I don't think there is anyone around on the forums who will be able to help you with this issue.  I think your best bet will be to contact Innvo customer service and hope that they can help you.  You may have to send your pleo back to them for repairs if you are unable to get it working just by using the firmware they send you.
If the battery indicator light on the belly is red that suggests that the pleo is not getting power.  You could have a power connection issue not just a firmware issue.  Any updates of firmware you try to do while the pleo is not getting enough power could cause the update to fail and corrupt the pleos system. 

Where on the net did you find instructions on resetting a pleo rb to a hatchling?  Just curious as it would be nice to be able to warn others away. 

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Pleo rb not responding
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2013, 08:56:04 PM »

I had the same "Reset Pleo rb to hatching" off the internet more than nine months ago, and thought it sounded too good to be true, so I contacted PleoPet who asked me to send him the information. Luckily I knew not to try it and he confirmed it would only damage Pleo rb, so I never attempted it. It is too bad cause the article is written by a "so called computer" whiz or person who knows what they , ( She ) is doing. If it had worked, I would have used it on PC, I thought it strange that PC, my newest RB only had two hours according to Stats RB or Probe Rb, but that is all the life she had, so I was just lucky to get a Pleo Rb practiclaly new.

I had the same problems with battery indicator light going automaticlaly after inserting battery , fully charged to RED. Also no sounds or movement at all, but myne was after using Probe RB. The pleo rb I had this problem with is my little girl, Cammie Sue. It took hours and hours but with Pleo Pets instructions and luck, I got her to work again and the indicator light turns green as it should now, but the strange thing is that Cammie -Sue will only work with the Micro SD card kept in her, When I remove the SD card which has a female RB update on it, CAmmie Sue quits working, so she leaves it in permanently now. Innvo labs was no help to me, it was either the update worked or send her to Innvo Labs and I didn't have the money to send her off, with no quarantee she would or could be fixed.

If Innvo Labs can't help, you, I would send a message to Pleo Pet, they are very good at this sort of thing and saved Cammie -Sue for me! Please do not attempt anything else in the meantime. Is your Pleo RB still under warranty? That may be your best or only real hope if under the 90 day period, I did hear you say revert back to hatching, so not sure how old your pleo RB is.. Good luck. :flowers:  RWM  :cat-hug:
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal