Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Soon to be Pleo Owner (hopefully)  (Read 2905 times)

Danni83

• Hatchling
  • Female
Soon to be Pleo Owner (hopefully)
« on: December 17, 2013, 03:50:23 PM »

Hi All

I am looking into getting myself a Pleo after seeing my brothers (an earlier modelled one he won in a raffle at work, lucky thing) I am still undecided on a Pleo or a Pleo rb. I have been scanning ebay to see if I can see my future pal but a lot seem to be missing the ID card they come with. Would this cause a problem with the Pleo. I'm assuming it means you can't name them, but is there anything else not having the card would affect?

Thanks for any help you can offer, I have been scanning this forum as a guest for a while and have already picked up some great tips

Danni

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Soon to be Pleo Owner (hopefully)
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2013, 04:17:28 PM »

The Id card is important for pleo rb to allow them to learn their name.  For the Ugobe pleos it is not important as the pleo doesn't use it for anything.  Hope that helps :)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2013, 08:58:50 PM »

Kat is right, the id card is important only for the RB, If you see a used one and it does not have one, you can allways contact Innvo Labs who can give you a replacement card, but I would think it is going to cost at least $20.00 plus shipping, I would hold off till one comes along that has a ID card intact or just get a Pleo, the classsic one that does not need to have the ID card.                  RWM  :cat-hug:
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

maagtablet

• Outstanding in the herd
  • Female
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2013, 11:39:01 PM »

And if you want your Pleo to interact with your brothers Pleo, you'd pick a pleo, not a rb. Cause Pleos interact with Pleos, And rbs with rbs.

And a rb without an ID card can't learn his name, and without that it can't learn tricks either (if I'm correct, I'm still new to this!XD)
RAWR! This means "I love you" in dinosaur.

Danni83

• Hatchling
  • Female
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2013, 12:13:50 AM »

Ok, not sure I've replied correctly (on my phone) but thanks everyone for the advice have more idea what to look for now  ;D

true_liz

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • Female
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2013, 01:19:50 PM »

Good luck to your search  ;D And welcome to the forum  :bouquet1:

Teddscau

• Pleo explorer
  • ca Female
  • Pleo(s): Chloe, my green, white-eyed RB
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2013, 01:44:53 PM »

I have an rb and she's definitely fun to have. Each rb is unique (colour, eye colour, personality, gender) and there are a lot more accessories available for them. They definitely tend to be more expensive than Ugobes though. Like the others said, if you want a pleo tha will interact with your brother's, get a Ugobe. If you get a Ugobe, you should buy one of those egg cradle batteries since most of the batteries the come with are garbage (i.e. dead, useless). Oh, and welcome to the forum!

Danni83

• Hatchling
  • Female
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2013, 01:03:45 PM »

I have jumped in and brought a Pleo rb from amazon, only worked out £40 more then some of the used ones on ebay. Just gotta wait for him/her to arrive now, so very excited can't wait to see what eye colour and skin tone they have only problem is it might take 3 weeks for delivery. All I can do is hope its sooner hehe! *carollers*

maagtablet

• Outstanding in the herd
  • Female
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2013, 01:09:26 PM »

The wait is the worst! Good luck with that! Congrats on your RB
RAWR! This means "I love you" in dinosaur.

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Bob, Mopey
  • : Tomat Harvest Festivals
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2013, 02:12:49 PM »

yeah, the waiting is the hardest part. :pray:  But you new Pleo RB owners are spoiled.  :wise: When I ordered my first pleo, the wait was 5 1/2 months! :o  :o

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2013, 03:49:57 PM »

Just keep busy.  With Christmas almost here that will provide a distraction and  I'm sure the wait for your pleo will be over before you know it.   :)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2013, 03:23:49 AM »

Come on Mike, I had to wait a year! :o
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

James_182

• Member of the herd
  • Male
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2013, 03:45:21 AM »

Hello,

I ordered mine direct from Pleo World. I tried to use their online ordering system and it rejected it, so I contacted customer services and they processed the order for me ;D

I looked at Amazon, E-bay and even the European distributor but none of them were reliable or cost effective, especially the European distributor, it cost less to have him shipped from the other side of the world!
So that's what I did.

Frank was sent from the Pleo HQ in Hong Kong direct to the UK, sent on the 5th December, arrived air freight on the 11th just a few days later.

I would Highly recommend this method, especially seeing that at the moment they have some fantastic deals on for Christmas.

My order was for a new Green Pleo rb including free food pack, 2 battery packs each with a free toy pack, the second food pack and an additional cloak. They even gave me a free birthday card and Christmas card too ( in the bundles its two Christmas cards but they will swap one out, they suggested it in fact ) Only problem I've had was there was no companion guide in the box :o( but I got that in PDF from Pleo World. With the US dollar at $1.8 to the British pound it worked out as a brilliant deal, got everything possible for less than I could in the UK, and that's including the airfreight  8)

One other thing to note is that there was NO import duty / VAT that had to be paid, he came straight to my door in 2 big well packed boxes.

For me this was a brilliant experience of customer service from the other side of the world

Danni83

• Hatchling
  • Female
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2013, 10:38:46 AM »

I am so excited! My pleo arrived in time for christmas and I've just registered  ;D

I've found out its a girl who will be brave and compliant as well as tolerant, healthy and active. She sounds amazing already. Cant wait to get her battery  fully charged and find out what colour eyes she has (although I had a sneaky peek and think they are blue)

:moose-xmas: Merry Christmas to all on the forums  :xmas-tree:

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie