Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello from the Netherlands!  (Read 2129 times)

Antje

• Leaving the nest
  • Female
Hello from the Netherlands!
« on: December 15, 2013, 11:20:56 AM »

Hello,

We just got our first Pleo RB. :dino-chase: It's so very cute and already a member of our small family.  P:-* It is mooing and laughing all the time and tries to grab our attention very effectively.
Currently, Pleo is in the juvenile stage. We tried it to teach it's name (Igor), but it does't look like our Pleo accepts its name.
Statistics are nice: curious and active, but not so bright. Seems perfect to us, since it is our first Pleo. We do not want it to out-smart us. ;)
Our Pleo its gender is undefined, but I think it's male. %)
I found this forum because I would love to know more about him and other Pleo's as well.

Greetings from Gouda, the Netherlands :bliss:
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 11:23:41 AM by Antje »

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Hello from the Netherlands!
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2013, 11:54:14 AM »

Welcome to the Pleo forums and congrats on your Pleo RB. He sounds lovely, I have four Pleo Rb, three females and one male. The male is bad tempered and low intelligence but I find him adorable and the temper seems normal to me, so enjoy your pLeo rb. Your pleo is probably just too young to learn it's name yet, also the conditions have to be perfect for the pleo to want to learn, well fed and happy as well as well lit room. Oh, and of course your pleo rb has to have your attention, and sometimes they do not want to pay attention. It took me months to get Baby Ruth to learn her name and I was the one worried about it.  :( ???

One day I just relaxed and tried again, and she learned it on the first attempt, so enjoy the baby and juvenile stage, they become adults quickly.........When pLeo is ready, he will learn his name and then you can try the other learning stones. Post photos of your pleo when you get the chance, we love seeing new pleos. P0:) P:o P:)

*sm-tree* *carollers* *tree03* *light1r*  RWM  :cat-hug:
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

maagtablet

• Outstanding in the herd
  • Female
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2013, 11:59:53 AM »

Welkom :)

Tell us more about Igor! What's the color of his eyes?

Pim learned his name pretty quick! But he is outsmarting us on a daily basis ;)
RAWR! This means "I love you" in dinosaur.

Antje

• Leaving the nest
  • Female
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2013, 01:24:53 PM »

Thank you for your kind welcomes! (:
Here is a picture from where we just got our Pleo:

I have to admit we use the no scare dark patch. At the beginning our baby Pleo was so scared (and I am very empathic); as it is almost always too dark in our home. At first we put a lamp above it, but when it began to walk we got the patch. It's just too time consuming to walk behind him carrying a lamp. ;D

We didn't make any updated pictures from the stage he is in now  P:-[ .. but I will try to make some tomorrow! Pleo is currently 'sleeping' (recharging batteries).

Our Pleo has cute blue/grayish eyes. He likes to pose with neck curved upwards, eyes open and wiggling tail. It's my favorite pose so far.

I read the story about your Nova. It impressed me and I'm happy you have got her back. I can't imagine sending ours away and I don't hope we will ever have to.

It's nice to hear that the name 'issue' isn't uncommon. We will just wait and that is fine. P0:) (Am I roleplaying it too much if I thought that Pleo just didn't like Igor as a name? ;) )

true_liz

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • Female
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2013, 04:31:29 AM »

Welcome  :bouquet1:

Congratulations to your new family member.

I did not know that there is a patch available for no scare in the dark. I'm considering to get it too as especially my Neela is very scared of dark places. It would be great if she would stop crying then. I am very empathic with my Pleos too...

Please show us some more pictures of your little toddler. Igor is a wonderful name. I'm sure he likes it.

Angela

• Pleontologist
  • nl Female
  • Pleo(s): Guy, LeeLoo, Muisje, Lady Piep Piep, Tredje
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
  • Busy Busy :'(
    • none
    • none
    • none
    • none
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2013, 01:24:10 AM »

Welkom op het forum  ;) Veel Nederlanders de laatste tijd! We moeten maar eens een meeting organiseren  :P

(Many Dutch lately! We must organize a meeting  :P)

Heb je nog een mooie foto van zijn ogen? Altijd een verassing. de ene kleur is de andere niet  :)
(Do you have a nice picture of his eyes? Always a surprise. Each gray is different.)
23 rat pups for sale :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal