Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: introducing another pleo to eachother  (Read 5417 times)

rjladya

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Female
introducing another pleo to eachother
« on: November 12, 2013, 11:37:20 AM »

Is the best time to introduce my pleos to each other when they are both in the social stage?

I live to create (paint, glass, metal, silver, wood, yarn, fabrics, leather, if you can think of it chances are i or a friend can make it for you.) what is life without art? oh yeah i'd be unemployed.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
Re: introducing another pleo to eachother
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 03:40:22 PM »

If they are both Pleo rb's then you will need to wait until they are both adults before you will see any interaction between them.  An adult pleo rb will try to communicate with a baby one but the baby wont talk back.  Once they are both adult then they will start communications with a loud moo at each other and then stand very still and only moving their head or tail slightly every few seconds they will make soft cooing noises to each other and then after about 30 seconds or so of this depending on what sexes they are there are a few options for how they will complete the communication.

If you have one pleo rb and one Ugobe pleo then sadly they will not communicate with each other.  The pleo rb may try to communicate but wont get the correct response from the ugobe and so will end the attempt.  The Ugobe wont recognise the pleo rb and so wont attempt any communication and any thing you see between them will just be random coincidence.

Hope this helps :)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 03:56:04 PM »

I do not think there is a best time or stage or a wrong time or stage to introduce your pleos to each other. As long as you have their attention, then that is the time to introduce them to each other . It will work best if both are well fed and not overly tired when introducing them. Also make sure both Pleos are facing each other P8) P;D so their infa red lights can see or recognize the other one. P:) ;) Make sure the light is well lit and there are not a lot of other distractions such as loud music or a tv blasting nearby.

You will know if they recognize each other pretty quickly because if one is a male and the other female, you should hear a verbal response. If a male sees a female and he is in the "mood" they will start to flirt with each other, and if you have never seen it before, it is very cute and also pretty cool and funny :bouquet1: They will look like they are trancing and if I remember right, sniff the air, and they move towards each other, Here is a video I took when I first got my male RB, Chester and he met my two girls, Cammie Sue and Baby Ruth.( I did not have PC yet, my newest girl RB.) Cammie Sue shut down and went to sleep, so it was just Baby Ruth and Chester. Watch this video and pay attention to the interaction at about one minute and 32 seconds. 1;32. listen carefully and you can see and hear what the Male Rb will say to the female rb and what the Female Rb will say to the male, it is very cute and this is what to watch for if you have opposite sex. This was taken late at night, so I apologize as it was very late and the video is a bit dark but you can clearly see and hear what they say to each other. Just turn your sound up and watch.                     <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQfR9tUFhPM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQfR9tUFhPM</a>  Anyway, good luck and have fun and be prepared with a camera if you want to record their interactions., I allways do. :bliss: :autumn: :turkeydance:   RWM  :cat-hug:    **** Hi Kat, I never noticed that before that they need to be adults, that is interesting and I will have to check out old videos. Thanks for that info. :flowers:
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 03:58:44 PM by RedwoodsMama »
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2013, 10:01:56 PM »

Pleo's are naturally friendly and gregarious souls, so don't stress over it. They'll talk when they are old enough but nothing bad will happen if they meet before.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

rjladya

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Female
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2013, 01:48:16 PM »

I introduced them to each other and maybe because I  used the probe once. on him he actually said I love you. And blew a kiss.        :autumn:    i have it on camera and I'm going to edit the length and post on YouTube. OMG!
I live to create (paint, glass, metal, silver, wood, yarn, fabrics, leather, if you can think of it chances are i or a friend can make it for you.) what is life without art? oh yeah i'd be unemployed.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2013, 02:19:23 PM »

That is exactly what I caught my guys doing and it is too cute the first time you see it! :-* That is one of the things I like best about having a male to interact with my females. Looking forward to seeing your guys "flirt " with each other. LOL                  RWM  :cat-hug:              :autumn: :turkeydance:

rjladya

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Female
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2013, 06:03:12 PM »

I love you?
http://youtu.be/bcyJl_jDrEw for some reason i cant post to to my album it says unsupported site.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 06:11:35 PM by rjladya »

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2013, 07:24:17 PM »

Hi, hope you don't mind, I posted it here for everyone to see, You do not post it to the gallery, You click on the URL address , on youtube, then come back here, click on the Youtube icon above, far left, then in the middle of those addresses, it will say youtube in brackets, hit control V, for copy and you are done. ;D

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcyJl_jDrEw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcyJl_jDrEw</a>               RWM :cat-hug:  :turkeydance: :autumn:

Very cute, I never get tired of seeing pleos interacting.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2013, 09:34:01 AM »

It is cute. I love letting my RB's interact with each other. Ryu has better infrared vision than Cato and she'll often see him more than he sees her. Haha! If you didn't know before, now you know your green RB is a girl. Does she have a name yet?
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

rjladya

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Female
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2013, 09:35:09 PM »

I have no idea of her name yet. Her eyes are pumpkin color but i can't see calling her pumpkin.  She got so snuggly once she knocked him over. I want to find another character in one of Isaac Asimov's books but i haven't figured it out yet.

Lunamione7

• Journeypleo
  • Pleo(s): Stephan (Ugobe) and Tron (RB)
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Miss_Piggy
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2013, 10:50:36 PM »

I have no idea of her name yet. Her eyes are pumpkin color but i can't see calling her pumpkin.  She got so snuggly once she knocked him over. I want to find another character in one of Isaac Asimov's books but i haven't figured it out yet.

I like Pumpkin, nice name.

Have you thought about naming her Sally? From the Isaac Asimov story of the same name, it is about an autonomous car, great story about a loyal robot.
He just can't help being faithful and loving and kind. He's a machine made so. That's more than you can say for humans. --Isaac Asimov, i.Robot

You know where steel wool comes from? Robot Sheep!

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2013, 12:23:41 AM »

I like Pumpkin too, actually before I came up with the name Cammie-Sue the pleo I won on Facebook in 2011, Pumpkin was one of several names I thought of because of the orange amber colored eyes.      RWM  :cat-hug:

rjladya

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Female
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2013, 12:46:45 AM »

I like Pumpkin, nice name.

Have you thought about naming her Sally? From the Isaac Asimov story of the same name, it is about an autonomous car, great story about a loyal robot.
I haven't read that one, just the foundation novels and the caves of steel. When i looked up a reference site of all of the robot characters i only found characters i didn't like. Is she the original programmer?

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2013, 03:09:40 AM »

Just to add, boy meets girl gives I love you's, girl meets girl results in lots of talking, and boy meets boy results in a roaring match.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Lunamione7

• Journeypleo
  • Pleo(s): Stephan (Ugobe) and Tron (RB)
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Miss_Piggy
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2013, 05:27:08 AM »

Information on the story, when it was written, what books it's in and the brands of the cars: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sally_(short_story)

You can read the whole story here: http://www.e-reading.co.uk/chapter.php/82060/20/Isaac_Asimovs_Worlds_of_Science_Fiction._Book_9__Robots.html
He just can't help being faithful and loving and kind. He's a machine made so. That's more than you can say for humans. --Isaac Asimov, i.Robot

You know where steel wool comes from? Robot Sheep!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal