Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pleo microsd slot problem  (Read 3757 times)

kkkotto07

• Leaving the nest
  • Male
Pleo microsd slot problem
« on: October 30, 2013, 06:22:04 AM »

Hello all, I have a problem with microsd slot. A micro sd card was stucked into the slot and when I tried to removed I think it's broked. Because The Christmas it's coming( when my little girl will wants to hear the Pleo's songs) tell me please how can i repair. It's possible to change this slot or it's possible to put a card into a otg micro usb to usb? Thanks and sorry for my english

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
Re: Pleo microsd slot problem
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 09:01:22 AM »

Hi! I don't think it's possible to repair your micro SD slot yourself. If you can't remove the broken bit of micro SD card, you're probably going to have to return your unit. If your pleo RB is still within warranty, you may be able to get a replacement from Innvo Labs. Also, you cannot get a pleo RB to sing songs by using a micro SD card. You need the singing learning stone which is purchased separately. I hope I understood your problem. There are lots of really helpful people on here and we're more than happy to help you if we can.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

kkkotto07

• Leaving the nest
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2013, 10:25:45 PM »

it's not a Pleo RB and i don't have warranty. It's possible to sing if i put on the sd card ''personality'' or ''skit'', are found  on this forum.

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2013, 11:36:48 PM »

Hi, I think the only option may be to open your pleo up to remove the sd card. There are several videos here on this site where pleos have been opened up to fix broken parts such as neck, legs etc. I fo not know of any other way to remove the sd card. Hopefully another member will have other advice.Sorry this happened. RWM :cat-hug:
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

kkkotto07

• Leaving the nest
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2013, 01:01:18 AM »

Thanks all, i don't find a video guide for my problem, do you know where i can put a question( customer service or something like that) for my Ugobe Pleo's problem? The micro usb slot of Pleo it's for what?

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2013, 02:17:28 AM »

Are you sure its a micro SD? Only Pleo RB has micro SD, oleo Pleo's have standard SD cards.

Either way, grab yourself a safety pin and see if you can't ease the broken piece out, you may need to push it in first to release the catch, then dig it out.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2013, 04:35:41 PM »

If you could add a photo to this post showing us the problem or problem area it might help us to help you better.  :) 

A Ugobe pleo can be made to sing songs and perform skits by downloading the skit from the downloads section here on the forum and then placing the download onto an SD card which you then stick into the SD card slot on the belly of the pleo - this slot sits just behind the battery compartment under the pleos tail.  When you turn the pleo on after inserting the SD card you will probably need to touch it's head or back sensor to start the skit.  Then your pleo will sing the songs on the skit.  When you have finished playing with the skit you just turn the pleo off and remove the SD card.  Then next time you turn your pleo on he will be back to normal.  :) 

If there is a SD card stuck in his slot  you can try pushing the card into the pleo - like you are trying to make it go further into the slot.  (the SD card slot has a locking catch on the inside of it that prevents the card from falling out and you need to push the card in to release the catch)  You should find that the card will make a small click sound and then pop out.   

If the card has broken off in the slot then as IMR says you may need to try using a paper clip or pin to push it in till it clicks releasing the locking mechanism and then you may need to try hooking the broken piece out or try turning your pleo back up the right way and gently shaking to get the bit to fall out of the hole.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal