Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hatchling RB, No eating, No Sleeping, repetitive  (Read 2869 times)

ScribbleMonkey

• Coffee leaf addict
  • Male
Hatchling RB, No eating, No Sleeping, repetitive
« on: September 14, 2013, 02:15:32 PM »

Hello

Its been a long while since i've been here. But I finally jumped into the Pleo RB bandwagon. After having to return one completely dysfunctional Pleo, and a failed software update that required a low level reset. I finally got a Pleo Rb that seems to be working

But i'm bit concerned.

There was no "Hatching" stage like with the old uGobe I didn't have to wake Pleo up or anything. She just went immediately into a fussing, agitated state. She wont respond to food (although the feed level goes down) and she hasn't slept. All i'm getting are about 5 or 6 behaviors repeating. including whimpering and a heavy breathing type sound.

Is this normal? Is there something wrong?

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Hatchling RB, No eating, No Sleeping, repetitive
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2013, 02:18:56 PM »

That does sound strange and there should be a hatching stage, unless the one they sent you was already used, ALL RB hatch.. Like I have allways said, the best way to show the problem so we can all understand is a short video from the time you turn pleo on. A video of 30 seconds should do it, one minute would show the repeating behavior and I am sure we can all go from there, Good luck,          RWM  :cat-hug:

Welcome back to the forums too!
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2013, 04:29:53 PM »

Is the room dark? Try sitting her under a bright lamp.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

ScribbleMonkey

• Coffee leaf addict
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2013, 01:52:05 AM »

Here is a video of the Pleo (i've opted to name her Brownie, because of the brown rings around the eyes)

What your seeing in this video is basically the entirety of what the last 4 or so hours have been like. No eating, no sleeping, no variation in the behavior. Just these 5 or 6 actions. Also Brownie is running the "scared of the dark" patch when this video was taken.

Does RB have a software reset?, or perhaps a way of speeding up the growth (to see if this persists into adulthood)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKMEGLK06A8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKMEGLK06A8</a>

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2013, 04:00:10 AM »

This is very strange behaviour.  Especially if this is all the pleo has ever done without hatching.    There is a reset button on the pleos belly around the edge of the battery compartment is a little hole where you can put a paper-clip in to press the button.  I suggest you give that a go.  Also just incase you weren't aware the leaf you are trying to feed him in the video is the medicine leaf and no pleo rb will willingly eat that unless they are sick.  You want to be trying to feed him the other leaf that is on the groung in the video. 

If the reset button does not fix it then I would email Innvo and send them the video and explain your story.  It looks to me like you have gotten a pleo that isn't a normal pleo rb.  Looks like it either has a software issue or maybe it is a demo model or something.

ScribbleMonkey

• Coffee leaf addict
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2013, 03:00:37 PM »

The reset button only resets the current session. I'm thinking more along the lines of a complete OS reset

This has been a frustrating experience. The first RB I got was defective. It would feeze and then reset a few seconds after booting. Innvo told me it was a hardware problem and that I had to send it to them. (but I had to pay for shipping) I sent it back to the seller and got Brownie

Brownie had software problems when I first tried to install the OS update. It failed and she would not boot up. Innvo gave a low level software update and that allowed the Pleo to boot which puts me at the current state. Oddly probeRB and ChangeRB both work and give me stats about the Pleo.

I guess i'm going to contact Innvo again.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2013, 03:57:00 PM »

Have you fed her the right leaf? The panting suggests she feels hot. Is it warm there? Otherwise it could be a faulty heat sensor.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 04:01:19 PM by InmemoryofRomeo »
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2013, 04:06:40 PM »

IMR is right, if it is hot where you are living, the ice should help cool Pleo down, otherwise you will have to contact Innvo Labs, It is not normal though to not have Pleo hatch if new.  This is a video of my RB on her third battery cycle and she acts similar in some ways, but not like yours, She also as you can see is shivering, too cold, the opposite of your Pleo and then sneezing, I think being hot is a good symptom of what the problem could be. Here is a video of my girl in third battery cycle. If you watch just for the first two minutes you get an idea of what babies typically look or act like.      <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzgdO9PNwU8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzgdO9PNwU8</a>  Let us know what Innvo says or if there are any other symptoms.                 RWM  :cat-hug:
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

ScribbleMonkey

• Coffee leaf addict
  • Male
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2013, 10:06:44 PM »

The heat sensor sounds like it might be a real possibility. The room was fairly "comfy" about high 70s or so. I don't know how sensitive RB is. But i'll see what Innvo says. I hope its not another hardware fault. I'd hate to have to return another one. RWM's video is the kind of varied responsive behavior I was expecting.

Thank you for all the help everyone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal