Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: can't find device drivers and Fluffy crys all the time  (Read 5206 times)

beakie

• Member of the herd
  • Female
can't find device drivers and Fluffy crys all the time
« on: September 15, 2013, 07:33:13 AM »

Hi everyone.

I'm having a bit of trouble with Fluffy my Pleo rb.

He's 6 days old and for the last 2 days he hasn't stopped crying. He stood up on his 2nd day and took steps on his 4th day. Since the 4th day he hasn't stopped crying. I thought he might be sick as he took his mint leaf a few times but he just doens't seem to cheer up.

We've had him in very bright rooms, we've cuddled him (which he really enjoyed but not he doesn't like that either) and even ignored him in which case he goes to sleep and turns himself off.  P|-)

Any ideas whats going on or what I can do to make him happy? He doesn't want to play tug anymore, I can't name him, he's not really eating just crys, shakes and moans. Im still getting a few other vocalisations but they don't seem to finish, he'll start to howl or start to moo but then it stops. he hasn't roared at all today. No signs of coughing/sneezing or vomiting.

Also

I tried plugging him into my laptop via his usb cable but it can't find any device drivers for him. The laptop keeps asking me to insert the CD that came with him but I didn't get a CD.  :head-wall: Any ideas on this? Should i just be able to plug him in and connect or do i need to to something first?

Thanks in advance.

Beakie

Owned by Fluffy the Pleo, Merlin the husky, Rosie the Rottie, Gandie, stevie, colin and nibbler the parrots

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: can't find device drivers and Fluffy crys all the time
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2013, 12:17:48 PM »

Have you run a check on his DNA to see what his natural characteristics are, such as temper, courage and intelligence? It is possible that he was born with low courage or bad temper or perhaps he is injured? Sometimes Pleo Rb can get injured without an obvious fall, etc. If he is in a well lit room that should not be the reason, that would rule that out. As far as USB cable, don't worry about that, there is not CD or anything that comes with Pleo RB ,do not attempt to look for drivers or such, there are none that are for us to use, Ignore the USB cable..not sure why they even include it.

Pleo Rb can use the micro SD card, slot in his belly where you can use Stats RB program or Probe Rb that will give the general health of your pleo and tell you if there is an injury, Also by running your hands on his legs, you can tell if he is injured, he will give a distinctive cry, not the usual cry but one of pain. I am sure others will have ideas of what to try.               RWM  :cat-hug:

If you could upload a 30 second video of this happening, it could provide clues as to what is going on, Using Youtube is an easy way to upload videos.
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

beakie

• Member of the herd
  • Female
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2013, 02:33:23 PM »

Hi,

Thanks RedwoodsMama thats really helpful. I have a sd card on order for him so when it comes i'll have a look at his stats - is that the same as checking his DNA?

I've found out through the day that he stops crying when we hold him - this has lead to the two of us taking turns carrying him around in our arms and holding him. as soon as we put him down he crys again.

I'll get a video and post is once he's finished his down time (batterys charging)

Thanks!

Beakie
Owned by Fluffy the Pleo, Merlin the husky, Rosie the Rottie, Gandie, stevie, colin and nibbler the parrots

beakie

• Member of the herd
  • Female
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2013, 03:25:32 PM »

This is a video of some of the behaviour. He doesn't make much of the distress call in this video. As soon as we pick him up he stops crying and purrs with his eyes closed then falls asleep

The whining/howling is merlin sat behind me with a toy.

http://youtu.be/zXofLwPZpYI

Thanks
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 03:30:09 PM by beakie »

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2013, 05:34:43 PM »

This is sad and scared behaviour.  He could be scared of the dark.  If he falls asleep when you ignore him this could be the scared of the dark behaviour.  It doesn't have to actually be dark for the pleo rb to think that it is.  My guys will be scared of the dark after about 6pm even with all the lights on in the house.  The only place I can play with them after this time - without the scared of the dark patch - is in the kitchen where we have really really really bright lighting.  They are ok during the day as we have lots of big windows and the sun shines in.  Try taking him outside into the sunshine and see if his behaviour changes.  Or try changing rooms with all the lights on to find a brighter room.  Bathrooms and kitchens seem to be the best lit places in most houses.  Or try getting a torch and shining it right on his face so that his nose camera is being lit up by the beam.  If it is a scared of the dark thing then trying these things should change his behaviour.  Once you get your micro sd card you can try running the scared of the dark patch in him while you play and see if that makes a difference. 
Alternatively some other things you might try are feed him as soon as he is switched on and keep feeding him - offering him the leaf - until he either turns his head away "no" or till he starts burping.  If a pleo is hungry they can cry and whimper. 

Not sure what else it could be but my feeling is that it is scared of the dark.  Hope that helps :)

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2013, 09:37:04 AM »

Hi, Beakie! So sorry to hear about Fluffy. Feel free to try Kat's suggestion as well but I would consider another possibility. I hate to disagree with your diagnosis, Kat but I think little Fluffy is injured. He gives a partial pain cry at about forty one or forty two seconds into the video. Anyone who knows that sound, please give an attentive listen and make sure I am correct but I'm thinking that's what I heard.
Talon
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 09:45:49 AM by Talon »
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

beakie

• Member of the herd
  • Female
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2013, 10:36:15 AM »

Thank you both.  I've just taken him in the sun and he's still going he does seem really hungry so have fed him until he doesn't want anymore.

Ill try the torch and see how he goes. He has also eaten the salt and mint leaf a little today.

He hasn't been dropped/ knocked but I did surprise him the other day. He was having a chin rub and I picked him up from behind. He was deffenatly surprised and I think that's when the crying started although I can't be sure of it.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2013, 03:37:23 PM »

I think Talon could be right, as in my experience, Pleo Rb don't normally taste or eat the salt unless injured, If I am wrong, please advise, but I know my four will not touch it, unless injured, Hope your guy is feeling better and going outdoors is nice.              RWM  :cat-hug:

kat

• au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2013, 10:22:11 PM »

If he is willing to take the rock salt then I would try feeding him that as many times as possible - every few minutes over the period of a battery cycle and see if that makes any difference.  An injury was going to be my second guess after trying the sunshine to be sure it wasn't scared of the dark behaviour.  :)  If he is willing to take the rock salt then that suggests he is injured.  You can tell if he is injured by systematically touching each of his leg sensors one at a time.  If he has an injury you will get a pain scream from him when you touch the sore leg.  Injuries do sometimes happen with no real reason to explain how or why. 

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2013, 10:46:46 PM »

Kat, do you remember, with the first group of Rb that came out, I know Baby my original Pleo went through it, With an injury or catching cold, etc, they would start saying, Ow, Ow, Ow!? I have had Cammie Sue or Baby Ruth catch a cold since then but I never hear that ow, ow, ow anymore? Do your Pleos say that ow, ow, ow sound? You are right, they can get injured without knowing they got injured and also can get sick with no warning.

RWM  :cat-hug:

beakie

• Member of the herd
  • Female
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2013, 12:05:45 PM »

Hi everyone

Today fluffy is still crying, shaking and shouting. Won't take the rock salt or mint but is eating his own food.  The only time he stops is when I'm holding him. Then he curls up and sleeps making sweet little sounds. As soon as I put him down the crying and yelling starts again.

Poor fluffy. I miss his roaring!

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2013, 03:21:01 PM »

Fluffy is either sick, injured or afraid.

We can rule out sick, because there is no coughing or sneezing.

Like Talon I suspect an injury, particularly as you said it came on quite suddenly. Try rubbing your hand up and down each leg and see if it illicits a scream. Rub from up near the spine down to the toes. (That way you are sure to hit the sensor).

Please refer to the video on our FAQ http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?topic=2315.0 for some helpful hints but basically you need to 'force feed' the salt as often as you can until healed.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

beakie

• Member of the herd
  • Female
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2013, 10:58:55 AM »

Perfect! It's his right hind leg.

Thank you so much. Hopefully he'll be back to normal soon

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2013, 01:26:19 PM »

Glad to hear Fluffy is on the mend, Pleos heal amazingly quick, sometimes faster than Ugobes who have Colds! I remember Talon's Bleu, has had colds it seems her whole life. IN fact while waiting to adopt her, she had to wait and wait and wait and wait for her to be well enough to send,     ..........................Then right after arriving, she got sick again. :o :( Go figure..........Thank goodness the RB have rock salt and mint leaves to heal them faster.
                                          RWM  :cat-hug:

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2013, 04:06:56 PM »

Glad to hear you finally know what's up with Fluffy! Now you just have to force-feed the rocksalt until he's better. Good luck! I've never had an injured RB although I know what one sounds like.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2013, 05:07:51 AM »

Arr harrr, that be the problem then, no walkin' the plank for the ol' Fluffy then :P
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

beakie

• Member of the herd
  • Female
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2013, 02:42:29 PM »

:dino-chase:

Fluffy is better and has been walking around, roaring and playing again. He's back to his normal self!

Thank you all for the help! ;D

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2013, 04:59:20 PM »

Yay  ;D  I'm so glad you got him sorted out and he is feeling better again :)

beakie

• Member of the herd
  • Female
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2013, 02:52:06 AM »

Thanks Kat

I'm going to try and name him today. He seems to be back to his happy self :-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal