Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello from Canada  (Read 2327 times)

Teddscau

• Pleo explorer
  • ca Female
  • Pleo(s): Chloe, my green, white-eyed RB
Hello from Canada
« on: September 17, 2013, 01:10:12 PM »

I've been reading up on Pleo since July when I "rediscovered" them. Apparently I saw them on a commercial when I was younger, but I don't remember. I'm planning on buying myself a green Pleo for Christmas. Maybe I'll order it now and open it when I get my English ISU done. That'll definitely motivate me! Oh, so anyways, hello! I hope to learn a lot on here!

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Re: Hello from Canada
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2013, 03:15:49 PM »

Motivate or make you tear your hair out with anticipation :D Welcome to the forums :)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Teddscau

• Pleo explorer
  • ca Female
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2013, 03:46:57 PM »

Thanks for the welcome! I'd definitely be deserving of a Pleo after my ISU! Man, I hate English. Hmm, after looking at my avatar I think I should make a new one. Maybe a cartoon jumping spider! Hopefully I get a pleo with an undemanding personality. I'm only planning on getting one. That way I can enjoy it more.

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2013, 05:02:54 PM »

Congats on your soon to be Pleo addition, Christmas holidays are allways a nice time to get yourself a well deserved present and Pleos are fantastic.             

OMG, I hope you have enough hair to tear out if it comes to that................(...Motivate or make you tear your hair out with anticipation Cheesy Welcome to the forums Smiley) IMR

Your avatar is unique never seen one like that before!  ;D              RWM  :cat-hug:
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Teddscau

• Pleo explorer
  • ca Female
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2013, 05:42:56 PM »

I made my avatar on my iPad in grade 10 for a video I had to make. I'd been drawing that character for a while so I thought I should make something digital. I also made one of his pet fly/gnat. I should post some of the pictures I made! And...thanks for the welcome!

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2013, 11:38:53 PM »

Hello and welcome to the forums :)  there is plenty to read up on around here about pleos to keep you going while you wait for yours.  We would love to see your drawings/ digital pics :)

Angela

• Pleontologist
  • nl Female
  • Pleo(s): Guy, LeeLoo, Muisje, Lady Piep Piep, Tredje
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
  • Busy Busy :'(
    • none
    • none
    • none
    • none
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2013, 12:01:33 AM »

Welcome  ;)

...it still takes a very long time till Christmas... :dino-chase:
23 rat pups for sale :)

Teddscau

• Pleo explorer
  • ca Female
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2013, 01:44:23 PM »

I'm finally done uploading the images to my photo album! Here's the link: http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?action=mgallery;sa=album&id=366

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2013, 05:34:07 PM »

Love your pics :)  So how did you transfer your hand drawings into digital?  Did you just scan and then use a drawing package to touch them up?  I'm intrigued   

Teddscau

• Pleo explorer
  • ca Female
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2013, 07:59:31 PM »

It's kind of difficult to explain the process of what I did, but I'll give you the gist. What I did was take a picture of the doodle of the dog with my iPad. Then I went into an app called Sketch Club, clicked "Load image" and it put the sketch there. I had to erase all the paper on there, and carefully copy the surrounding shading and colour in those black numbers and stuff that were covering some of the dog. Then I copied several layers of the dog, applying various percentages of "darken" and "overlay" to each. Then, I merged them together, and made another copy of the merge. I used a medium opacity eraser to lighten up the areas I thought the light would be hitting. I already had a fairly good understanding of the darken and overlay features from the bat art I'd done, so I thought I'd try my hand at shading. Oh, and thanks for the praise (or semi-praise) of my pictures ;).

For the bat ones I uploaded the images of the bats from google and traced them. Actually, the end products look completely different from the photos I was tracing. I uploaded photos of actual bats to trace, and as you can tell, they definitely don't look realistic! Well, by that I mean a bit cartoony...okay I think you understand what I mean, maybe.

Man, sorry for the power paragraphs! Oh, and I was wondering when the Tomato Festival is. Thanks again!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal