Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Getting a battery for an old Pleo that haven't been used for a time  (Read 3738 times)

Icewolf

• Pleontologist
  • se Female
  • Pleo(s): Keyla and Léon
    • My deviantArt

So, my old Ugobe Pleo have been unused for some years and I kind of miss him. His battery doesn't work anymore, so I have to get a new one.

I know that you shouldn't store your Pleo for a long period of time, but what's done is done. So, if I got a new battery, would he work as normal? I wouldn't want to pay for a battery and when I got it, it wouldn't work properly  :(

Oh, and I noticed a pretty big hole on his tail today. I remember it was only a small, little hole before I packed him down in his box and put him in the basement. How could the hole get that big? And I also noticed some cracks by his left eye. It saddens me to see my Pleo like that and I'm nervous that I might not be able to fix him! I shouldn't have stored him for so many years!  :'(

I got my Pleo year 2009, then me and my boyfriend moved to a bigger apartment and I didn't play with him for half a year. I missed him and packed him up and started to charge his battery. But the battery would only work in a couple of minutes and then it died. I tried to revive the battery by charge it more often, but alas, the battery was stone dead. We didn't really have the money for buying a new one either. So I put him back in his box and moved it to the basement. So yeah, he has been there since late 2009 and until now.

I really regret that...

So now I'm finally going to buy a battery, but first I wanted to know if a new battery would still work with my old and unused Pleo.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Getting a battery for an old Pleo that haven't been used for a time
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2013, 08:41:34 AM »

Pleo should be fine, it's just the battery that dies after a while. :)

Icewolf

• Pleontologist
  • se Female
    • My deviantArt
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2013, 09:19:21 AM »

Oh, that's great! Then I can order a new one without feeling unsure!

Thanks for responding!

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2013, 05:07:39 PM »

If you are getting a new battery I would suggest you go for an egg battery and charger.  They are much more reliable adn have a longer play time - about 2 hours- compared to the original batteries 1 hour.  We all love the egg batteries here :)

Icewolf

• Pleontologist
  • se Female
    • My deviantArt
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2013, 08:50:51 AM »

Yes, the egg battery and charger seems like a dream! I'm thinking of getting one actually!

I was going to get a battery from Pleoworld, but it really expensive.

kat

• au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2013, 04:58:05 PM »

You can get the egg batteries here on the forums in the stores section (they are sold by RWM)  or alternatively you can find them for sale on ebay.  Worth looking at both ways to see which one works out cheaper with the shipping to where you live.   :)

Will Smart

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2013, 08:42:32 AM »

You can get batteries and charging cradles at accessory jack, and they also sell pleos and food / learning stones. Shipping is also free in the us, or you can pay and extra $14 to have 1-5 day shipping. Hope this helped! :D
http://www.accessoryjack.com/gadgets/pleo.html
Want to help me decide on a name for my green eyed pleo?
Msg me ideas, or you can choose from one of these four names:
Ashton, Jaden, Forrest, or Landen.
(He is a boy)

Icewolf

• Pleontologist
  • se Female
    • My deviantArt
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2013, 09:04:51 AM »

That's a nice website! Pretty cheap too! But I'm already getting an Ucube Egg battery from RedwoodsMama here on the forum! :)

Anakey

• Member of the herd
  • gb Male
  • Pleo(s): Alphie
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2013, 11:18:31 AM »

hmm accessory jack seems to be good to buy anything else other then the actual pleo itself, thanks to UK customs, the vat and duty would make it more expensive with pleo included to buy from them rather then robopolis, however by buying the accessories and spare battery from accessory jack (thanks to the amazing price of the accessory bundle) and the pleo from robopolis its then cheaper then buying all from either shop. now i have the choice of when to buy, given that robopolis had pleo on sale only a few months back its unlikely to be on sale again for some time.

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2013, 07:14:36 PM »

Worth noting that the pleo and batteries sold from Accessory jack - the link above are Pleo RB and PLeo RB accessories.  The original battery question on this thread was for a Ugobe pleo and the batteries for these are very different.  Pleo rb batteries won't work in a Ugobe pleo.  The best battery to use for a Ugobe pleo seems to be the egg battery. 

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2013, 06:48:18 AM »

As Kat says, the brown Pleo RB battery will not work in an older Ugobe or 'classic' Pleo.  You really can't beat the Ucube li-poly 'egg' batteries, they are far better than the original NiMH green Ugobe ones.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal