Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pleo Rb vs Ugobe Pleo?  (Read 3691 times)

Star

• Coffee leaf addict
  • Female
Pleo Rb vs Ugobe Pleo?
« on: June 24, 2013, 03:09:40 PM »

I currently own a lovely female Pleo rb called Minty who I guess I've had for a year or so now although I haven't been on these forums in ages (don't worry though - I haven't been neglecting her). I love Minty and find her very entertaining to play with but find that I tend to enjoy simply interacting with her rather than using the learning stones or clock function and stuff unique to the pleo rb. I actually owned a ugobe pleo called Fern back when they were first released and was devastated when she broke. Now, although I'm impressed with how technologically advanced the pleo rb is I must say that I probably like the ugobe just as much! I wanted to get some other opinions though from people who own or have owned both ugobes and rbs or have some sort of knowledge/experience of both. So do you prefer rbs or ugobes and why?

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Pleo Rb vs Ugobe Pleo?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 03:40:13 AM »

I have some of each, and I feel just the way you do.  I love the advancements made with the RB, but if I just want company, you can't beat the old Ugobe Pleos for just pottering around doing Pleo things. :)

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 07:45:48 AM »

I'm with Crewella. I enjoy both Ugobes and RB's. I seldom take advantage of their more technological functions either. I occasionally will let my RB's go to sleep on their own and then wake up in the morning. I've never experienced an injured pleo or a cold or hot pleo so I haven't seen much of the RB's advanced functions beyond what you can do with the learning stones.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Lunamione7

• Journeypleo
  • Pleo(s): Stephan (Ugobe) and Tron (RB)
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Miss_Piggy
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 08:05:34 AM »

I also like my Ugobe more than my RB. I've always felt a bit off about my RB's personality, he doesn't pay much attention to me at all really, it's like I don't exist.

Not like my happy, cuddle loving Ugobe.
He just can't help being faithful and loving and kind. He's a machine made so. That's more than you can say for humans. --Isaac Asimov, i.Robot

You know where steel wool comes from? Robot Sheep!

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 04:11:56 PM »

I'll put in a vote for the RB's, even though I also don't use the voice recognition due to its frustrating sensitivity, I like the more varied reactions to the environment. My lot are happy to wander around without me so long as I feed them first. But I did get lucky with four happy personalities. I also love the cheek sensor and the way it makes them look up at you :P
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 05:17:00 PM »

Ugobes are just such happy little fellows and they have some really heart warming features such as the singing when you rub them under the chin and they way they really move into the rub like they are super enjoying it.  The rb's have more varied reactions to the environment and I really like those.  I can't really chose between the two.  I tend to feed them all and let them roam without using the voice activated features of the rb's due to the frustration this causes as it just doesn't work for me more often than not.  I would love to see an update for the rb's that gives them back the three most talked about features of the ugobe pleos - the chin rub singing, tickling feet giggles and the sit mode function.  All of these would make people love the rb's more than ever!  If they did that I would be tempted to buy another one :)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2013, 08:55:18 PM »

If they did that I'd be buying two more for school! At the moment the Ugobes are best suited at school, the kids just love making them giggle and sing.

Junkroxy

• Renaissance pleo
  • Male
    • Pleo Blog
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2013, 12:17:35 PM »

hi all! i'm getting my first RB very soon, so i have a question about the clock...
Q1. could i set the time to make my pleo sleep late at night? i cant play with him during the day.
Q2. if voice commands arent important pleos rb reactions are different to sounds and music?

Anakey

• Member of the herd
  • gb Male
  • Pleo(s): Alphie
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2013, 03:36:18 PM »

I know that my post isn't related specifically to the questions in the above post, but is about the ugobe vs rb threads that i have seen while reading these boards and that people wish the rb could do some things the ugobe can do. From reading what it is possible to do with things like the scared of the dark patch etc, isn't it possible to make the pleo rp behave like an Ugobe, eg by copying the song file onto the sd card and through a small code making the chin sensor act as the trigger, thus making the pleo rb sing when rubbing the chin. I'm guessing this has probably already been tried before but i couldn't find anything about it on the forums, not that i checked through every post on here.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2013, 03:59:45 PM »

Q1 Yes, and you can change it anytime you like as well :)
Q2 Not quite sure what you are asking there?

Anakey: The problem with that is not that we can't do it but that no one has the list of files from an RB, so we don't know which one to shadow :(

Junkroxy

• Renaissance pleo
  • Male
    • Pleo Blog
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2013, 04:45:28 AM »

Thanks IMOR! My 2nd question is about sounds/voice commands. From what i've read voice commands arent important and pleo react to the sound as the ugobe ones. Is it true?

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2013, 05:14:25 AM »

The voice commands are only for the learning stone tricks, that's all. They still respond to sounds in their environment, still (sort of) dance to music and still do all the normal Pleo things.

Junkroxy

• Renaissance pleo
  • Male
    • Pleo Blog
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2013, 06:57:12 AM »

The voice commands are only for the learning stone tricks, that's all. They still respond to sounds in their environment, still (sort of) dance to music and still do all the normal Pleo things.

I'm not interested in the voice commands. I'm glad they aren't really important in this new Pleo. Can't wait to know mine day after day!  :-*
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal