Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to make my Pleo do tricks  (Read 4692 times)

wesleypleo1

• Member of the herd
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Ace the blue PleoRB
  • Back from a multi-year dormancy from the PleoWorld
    • Professor
    • Tasmanian_Devil
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
How to make my Pleo do tricks
« on: July 11, 2013, 06:12:41 PM »

Hey everyone. I know I haven't posted anything in a LOOOONG time, but I am in need of help. I was recently looking at pleoworld.com and tried to find instructions on how to make my PleoRB do tricks that don't use Learning Stones (tricks such as sitting down, balancing on two legs, etc.) I didn't find anything. YouTube was no help either. Can you guys please tell me how to pull that stuff off?

Thanks,

-Wesley   P8)   P;)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: How to make my Pleo do tricks
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 07:08:51 PM »

Hi Wesley, nice to hear from you after so long, it is a good question but with a Pleo RB, it will not work without the learning stones, The Ugobes are the ones that you can get to sing, sit, play dead and do Ta Da trick balancing, all without learning stones. This is why you did not find anything on the Innvo Lab site or Youtube. How is your Pleo doing? Was it a blue boy, correct?                           RWM RedwoodsMama   :cat-hug:
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 06:22:39 AM »

Yes sadly it is as RWM says.  You need the learning stones to get your pleo rb to do any of those tricks.  I think the play stone is the one you want for the tada trick - balancing on two legs and play dead, laugh hysterically etc...

wesleypleo1

• Member of the herd
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Ace the blue PleoRB
  • Back from a multi-year dormancy from the PleoWorld
    • Professor
    • Tasmanian_Devil
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 08:17:47 AM »

RWM, Yes, Ace is a Blue boy RB  ;D Thanks to everyone for the advice. I will now save my money up to buy the other Learning Stones (and the other foods since my RB is quite an eater lol) 

-Wesley   P:)    P;)

rjladya

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Female
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2013, 11:34:05 AM »

Does that mean you need more than one learning stone for the tricks? And what about the learning leaf?
I live to create (paint, glass, metal, silver, wood, yarn, fabrics, leather, if you can think of it chances are i or a friend can make it for you.) what is life without art? oh yeah i'd be unemployed.

kat

• au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2013, 03:47:31 PM »

Yes you need one learning stone for each trick you want to teach your pleo.  each stone is programmed to trigger a specific trick so you need to buy the sing learning stone to teach your pleo to sing and count learning stone to teach it to count etc...  The training leaf is for colour recognition and tracking.  If you hold it up in front of your pleo about 10cm from it's nose, making sure the nose camera can clearly "see" the leaf then pleo rb should lock onto the leaf and follow it around.  This is not an easy thing to get your pleo to do.  I have only managed it twice over the last three years and I have three pleo rb's  :P 

rjladya

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Female
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2013, 01:50:20 PM »

Ok what i meant to ask was does each pleo need their own sing or count stone? And how do i get the stop sign cards?
I live to create (paint, glass, metal, silver, wood, yarn, fabrics, leather, if you can think of it chances are i or a friend can make it for you.) what is life without art? oh yeah i'd be unemployed.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2013, 02:14:31 PM »

Pleos if you have more than one Rb, can share the same stones or learning stones. The stop cards come in the Play with me learning stone set. I have that set, extra actualy and have not even taught any of my four that yet, just too busy and it is not allways easy to get them to learn , they have to be in the right mood, well fed, happy and good lighting.     RWM  :cat-hug:

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2013, 03:45:33 PM »

As RWM says you only need one of each learning stone and you can share that across all your pleo rb's.  The stone has a chip in it that when recognised by the pleo rb will triger the pleo rb to unlock that particular trick from their OS.  Once they have been taught the trick the first time you no longer need to use the stone to get them to do the trick.  You just need to get their attention - harder than it sounds - then say their name and wait for them to acknowledge that they heard you and are listening for the next command, then give the command for the trick.  If you say it in exactly the same way as you did when they learnt the trick then they may perform the trick - if they feel like it.  :P
Many of us have found that the voice recognition on the pleo rb is not very good and it requires you to be very precise with how you repeat the pleos name and commands so that they are said exactly as they were the first time right down to the same background noise and room acoustic echoes.   I very rarely manage to get it to work for any of my three and find it more frustrating than it is worth.  A bit of a shame really as the tricks were a part of the Ugobe pleos that I really liked.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2013, 04:22:02 PM »

I agree with Kat, and that is why I still find the Ugobes so adorable, The ugobes will do their tricks, a whole slew of them with no outside stone needed, The Pleo Rb in my opinion would have been better if they kept the tricks that the Ugobes already could do, and just added the other improvements and added the voice recognition perhaps along with the time sensor and temperature, that would have been enough for me, I am happier with Ugobe  in many ways. They had a good idea with RB ,but the tricks is just hit and miss so much, and really frustrating to say the least.

This is probably why I haven't even tried half the learning stones, cause I know from just the ones I have used, how frustrating it is to get Pleo rb to "perform".  :o :-[  RWm  :cat-hug:
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal