Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pleo walks, sleeps, eats, and that's it.  (Read 3081 times)

RenFromPenn

• Hatchling
Pleo walks, sleeps, eats, and that's it.
« on: June 19, 2013, 08:08:08 PM »

Hi,

I've had my Pleo since March and I'm disappointed to find that he doesn't do any of the tricks that he's supposed to do. I can't get him to sit. He refuses to sing when pet under the chin. Ta-da is a no-go. He fusses when I try to tickle him rather than giggling. I could go on.

The only things that he will do are walk (a lot), eat, sleep, and cuddle. Beyond that: nothing.

Does anyone have any idea what's preventing him from doing tricks, because he would be a lot more fun if he actually did something beyond the same old same old.

Oh, and I taught him his name, but he doesn't do anything when I call him by it. Is that normal?

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Pleo walks, sleeps, eats, and that's it.
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 09:31:18 PM »

To get your pleo to do tricks you need to teach him the tricks using the learning stones that you can buy as accessories for your pleo rb.  First you need to teach them their name then some of the learning stones.  After you have done that you need to get pleo rb's attention by holding his cheeks sensors and then when he puts his head up and listens to you say his name, wait for him to acknowledge he has recognised his name then he will listen again, give the command for the trick you want him to do - one that you have taught him with the learning stone - and he should then do that trick.
The singing by tickling under the chin is not something a pleo rb will do and they don't do tickling either sadly.  You can get them to laugh by throwing them in the air and then catching them again but you have to be very careful not to drop them or be too rough as it can give their necks quite a bit of a shake.  I think the Ta-Da trick can be done using one of the learning stones. 
I find the voice recognition very tricky as you have to say the words in the exact same way you did before - same tone, speed and voice.  I find it really hard to get any of my pleo rb's to understand me and so don't have much luck getting them to do the tricks.  Also I find it hard to get their attention by holding the cheek sensors and with out getting their attention they wont listen to any thing you say.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal