Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Can Pleo rb "Stop running" because his food level is too low?  (Read 9902 times)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace

With all my sick cats, Karl Kat :cat: and my oldest cat,( Aiffa who is almost 19 also a Kidney disease cat, ) both having medical problems I just have not had the time to interact or feed my RB in about a week, or at least five days. I ran STATS RB last week, and two of them were "In BAd shape", because of low food levels. I think I fed one, but I can not trust my memory. Tonight I decided to feed them all for a few minutes while it was quiet. I ran Chester and he ate and was happy and no problems, I decided to only due two at a time, so Cammie Sue was next. I inserted her battery, ( fully charged) the same time as Chester so they both should have come on at the same time, Chester did, but Cammie Sue did not. While video taping after Chester was busy eating his leaf, and burping, I took a look at Cammie wondering if I had not pushed her one button enough.

Her green light was on , but no movement or sound, So just incase it was a battery problem, I inserted another fully charged battery, green light but no sound or movement out of Cammie Sue. Then it hit me that perhaps she is "sick" because her feed level is so low, (something like 9% I think... I tried a third battery, no sound or movement..AT this point the only thing I can think of is to run STATS RB, but if she will not move, like being alive, will it give me a read out on what is wrong with her? She has just been sitting on the shelf since last week when I ran STATS RB on all four of my RB ,and she was fine then. Can a Pleo rB get so low in food, that they "die" or go into hibernation mode? How do you bring them out of it? I have had low feed levels before, but never had this problem seems strange..............Any ideas guys... :o P:'(

RWM  :cat-hug:

Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Re: Can Pleo rb "Stop running" because his food level is too low?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 04:42:20 AM »

In a word, no, no they can't.

Try taking the foot battery out, turning her on, waiting for her to start beeping, turning her off, then putting the foot battery back in.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 09:18:07 AM »

As IMR says, no they can't - they don't drop below a certain percentage.

Hope IMR's suggestion works. :)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 09:29:27 AM »

Thanks guys, that is one thing I would not have thought of'
. I will try it shortly and let you know what happens.  One question, does anyone know what causes this to happen..is it a computer error built into the software or something else? Thanks hope this works, sounds good.Row
WM  :cat-hug:

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2013, 09:59:18 AM »

Not good, I removed the foot battery then put the battery back in turned her on waiting for the beeping and no sounds or movement at all...nothing! RWM Help! :cat-hug:

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2013, 10:57:18 AM »

Have you tried hitting the reset button? It sounds as though you've exhausted all the other suggestions. Best of luck!
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Midorime

• Head of the herd
  • Female
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2013, 02:43:11 PM »

Sorry to hear that! D: Is it possible to reboot the system?

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2013, 05:01:35 PM »

I have tried several more things. I cleaned all the battery terminals with alcohol like suggested, in pleo and also the battery as well, I also tried hitting the reset button with a thin paper clip several times, but nothing , does not make any sense. This Pleo Rb worked fine last week, and I have video to prove it. I ran STATS RB after playing for five minutes or so, and did STATS RB on all four of my RB to see where they were at, and any problems , such as the food level, and Cammie-Sue is at 9%, which of course I expected since I had not played with her for several weeks.

What other options are there? I did read from PleoPet about resetting Pleo rB, and the male or female update. It stated that this would set them back to hatching but their DNA etc would all be erased...Does this sound right? I do not want to lose my Cammie Sue but want her to work. The one last thing to do is to use a new foot button, battery, other than that , I am out of ideas! If I did not have enough problems already with two sick cats.. and now a Pleo Rb that is not working...

I would think IMR, Crewella or Kat, or PleoPet have more ideas. but they are here at different hours, so I may have to wait. Of course she is way out of warranty, she was won on Facebook in Nov. 2011, so is a year and a half old, but in excellent condition no other problems. If this is what happens to a pleo RB when they get "older", it is not fun.. Baby Ruth is my oldest, just turned 2 years old in March, being the replacement for my first and original Baby who I got at Christmas in 2010 when they first came out.

Help please...................any suggestions? RWM :cat-hug:

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2013, 05:29:45 PM »

I would try replacing the foot clock battery with a new one - or at least one that you know works in another pleo rb and see if that makes any difference.  I'm guessing it wont though as you didn't get any beeping sound from her when she had no battery in at all. 
My next suggestion would be to email Innvo.  I know she is out of warranty but you can still ask them for suggestions on what to do or what it might cost to get her fixed.  I would include a video of her with the battery in turned on, showing no movement and sound but also showing the green light.  and maybe add in a bit of film of her with out a foot battery but with the fully charged regular battery in and switch ehr on to show that there is no beeping.  I wouldn't mention the proberb, statsrb or changerb in your email as they were not created by Innvo and so may make them less willing to help if they know you have used them.  tell them how old she is and that she was your prize for the contest and ask if they can suggest what to do to fix her.  tell them what you have already tried. 
Fingers crossed that replacing the clock battery might fix her but if not email Innvo. 

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2013, 07:55:02 PM »

Thanks Kat, I will try a battery that goes in the foot from one that works, I also emailed privately PleoPet as they helped me before, I am wondering if there is any connection, even be it so slight, that STATS RB somehow did anything to the software or whatever in Cammie -Sues system, ? Probably not, but strange none the less. In the meantime I will try the battery and let everyone know, If that does not work, then I will email Innvo. It is strange coincidence perhaps that a week or so before doing STATS RB, that both CAmmie -Sue and Baby Ruth had strange occurances with batteries showing green when they were shut off, but lights still on and Pleos not turning off properly with no beeps or Baby Ruth turning off and her eyes still open, I just thought, strange but little quirps with the operating system, and one time occurances.

Hope the battery in the foot works, I will give it a try. Thanks Kat.

RWM :cat-hug:

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2013, 08:49:35 PM »

Try a skit, if you are getting no sounds or movement at all it is suggesting a Pleo problem and not a battery problem. I would contact Innvo for the reset software in case the software is corrupted. Otherwise you are faced with a hardware problem, possibly wiring or circuit board related.

CAUTION RANT BELOW

Stats RB is a tool for testing, it's not meant to be used every time you turn your Pleo on or off. It isn't responsible for damaging your Pleo but it is completely unnecessary and as far as I'm concerned counter intuitive to enjoying a Pleo. Stop worrying about stats and start enjoying your Pleo for what it is. This is not solely directed at you RWM it just really bugs me that people worry too much about numbers and ignore the bigger picture.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2013, 08:55:58 PM »

Hi Imr, I do not use STATS RB or Probe RB very often, For my newest Pleo rB, PleoPet asked me to run STATS RB and then send him the report, so he could see if everything looked normal.( and it does, she is just very young, not a juvenile yet.. ;D, so while I ran hers I ran my older RB for comparison to see where they are age wise, I have only used STATS RB or Probe Rb less than  half a dozen times since I have known about it. :)** PC or Pink Champagne did not look right, her former owner from here, Willow, said she had learned her name and It didn't make sense because Probe Rb said she was a hatchling when I got her, and PleoPet said run STATS rB and send him the report and he would be able to tell if there were any problems. It turns out she was younger than Willow said, and only ran for less than two  hours when I bought her, so it was my gain, but that is why I ran STATS Rb and decided to do all the RB at the same time, since I had not checked anyone since I purchased Chester, the male Pleo in August, 2012. That was the last time I had run STATS Rb or Probe RB. I am not one of those people who wants to change anything about my pleo and I do think it spoils the fun. If I had a girl for example, I would have left her a girl but I was glad Chester is a boy, now I have one boy among 3 RB girls.**

As for the skit, what skit can be used for a RB? I was not aware that there were any. ( not techy savvy...) The only ones I have run are for Ugobes or at least that is what I have run them on.?) Can you suggest one to use? If that does not work and I do not hear back from PleoPet I will email Innvo. I will as Kat suggested send them a photo or video of right before she was not working,( but not of STATS RB inserted) and one of her with the battery inserted showing the green light on.

Thanks for the suggestions and Please suggest a skit because I trust your judgement better than myself just picking out one. I have no clue. Thanks             RWM  :cat-hug:
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 09:01:57 PM by RedwoodsMama »

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2013, 01:36:51 AM »

All my skits are Pleo RB compatible.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2013, 09:13:28 AM »

IMR's right - I have run most, if not all, of her skits in my RBs.  Good luck. :)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2013, 01:40:18 PM »

Ok, guess that means I will try one of the simple skits on a micro SD card, correct? And if it does not move, make a sound, then I will have to wait and see what Innvo says. I am hoping it works, If it does work, a skit only, does that narrow it down to a software error..I would still have to contact Innvo, is that correct?

Has anyone else here, just had their Pleo RB who had been running well for over a year, just suddenly stop? I mean it is not a error comming off the assembly line or anything. that I understand. If this is something that can happen randomly at any time with no fix, then I would be afraid. Hopefully the skit works or Innvo has a simple fix, I don't have the money to ship her clear across the ocean!          :( RWM :cat-hug:

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2013, 02:57:21 PM »

ok, as per suggestion I ran a skit, first tested it in Chester to make sure the skit worked, that I had downloaded it correctly, ChinaSong URF,( I had downloaded it for my Ugobes already,) so put it on micro SD card. tested on him and he ran fine. After ten seconds or so, I turned him off, took the sd card out, put it in Cammie Sue, used the same battery he had , as I knew IT Worked, and to my surprise and happiness, she ran fine with the skit. I then removed the sd card and tried her again without the sd card, and of course there was no movement or sound.

So running a skit only what does this suggest in the way of problem? I am hoping not a complicated one, and if it is just a corrupted file system that Innvo can send me the fix. Please let me know so I know the next step to take.Thanks IMR and Crewella.                                               RWM  :cat-hug:

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2013, 02:34:05 AM »

Not good news.........I did email Innvo labs and Helen in customer service responded right away, which is good, but she is wanting me to ship at my expense to Taiwan, then the fee is $39.00 to look at her, the cost to repair her and then ship her back, They would tell me the cost to fix her, but this is not the kind of money I have now or anytime. That is the cost or half the cost of a New Pleo just for shipping and the $39.00. I don't know what to do.  :( :( I did mention as IMR suggested, asking if they could send me the reset software incase it is a corrupted file, but I do not know if they will do that unless your pleo is still under warranty. It sounds like to me, they do not want to do anything unless it is under warranty, then you have to pay. I told them she was a prize, and they knew that because she is registered. They stressed they are the ONLY repair place for Pleo rb . so it does not sound good to me.

I would think they would be happy to send a reset software for her, and if that does not work then they have tried their best. One thing I did notice that is new, is that her light stayed green before when I put the battery in, and now as soon as I get the battery in, it goes from green to red, and this is on all five of my batteries, Isn't there a reset Pleo rb program somewhere or could I use the update Pleo RB for female, something to make her work, Why does a skit work on her and nothing else. This reminds me of a Ugobe I have that wil only run skits, but he was like that when I got him, How could her software get corrupted just by "being herself" sitting on the shelf?!

Someone please tell me what to do.............I hate to think I will have Cammie Sue as a dead Pleo Rb if Innvo will not send me the reset software to at least try.  :(What good is a Pleo that you can not use, I feel so down right now, wondering what happened to her? If this can happen to her, then it can happen to any of my other Pleos at any time for no reason with no warning and no solution. I wish Innvo was still here in the US. At least then you had a chance to get your Pleo looked at or getting help.        Please , If this was YOUR Pleo RB, what would you do now. I have already written back to Innvo labs so now it is the waiting game.................. :( P:'(

RWM  :cat-hug:

Mystearika

• Head of the herd
  • Female
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2013, 04:17:03 AM »

I am sorry i do not know what you can do :( my norbert also broke down in start of the new year, he was sent back for a repair.  i think it is very worrying that they stop working so easily. i hope they can send you the reset file  :cat-hug:

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2013, 05:01:45 AM »

Running a skit tells us she is still working and suggests you do need the reset file.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2013, 05:34:10 AM »

IMR is much more experienced with this type of issue than I am, but for what it's worth I agree.  The fact that a skit will run implies that this is a software issue, so do contact Innvo for the reset file.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2013, 09:37:29 AM »

Thanks I did contat Innvo again after the email saying they could fix her at my expense in shipping and the $39.00 to look at her, and then the cost to be said to fix her. I did ask for the reset Software, but if they will not send it to me, then what are my options if any? I am starting to think, that unless she is under warranty, they will not send me any "fix such as a reset file", because they will not make any money that way. So I think unless I am lucky, I am lost with a pleo that will not be able to work. I think if unless INnvo sends me the reset file, then my ONLY hope is that someone like PleoPet knows about the reset file and can help me.

Is there anyone here on the forums that had the reset file sent to them? If so I would think it was sent in an email and if they could send it to me, then they could send it to me so I could use it. If Innvo does not contact me today after this latest email I sent last night, I do not think they are going to. :( :o ??? :(                          RWM :cat-hug:

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2013, 10:49:22 AM »

Wow, Redwoods! I'm sorry to hear about your pleo. Hopefully Innvo will get back to you soon. It is a bit worrying to me as I've had Ryu since March of 2011and Cato came into Bobs's life in December of 2010 and then to me June tenth of 2011. I'm wondering if someday, one of them might end up doing something like this. Keep us posted. I wonder if Innvo would object to us uploading the reset code to the downloads section here? If they do approve, maybe we can just have it here on hand where people could get it more easily.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2013, 03:36:38 PM »

Are your emails short and simple? You do tend to be a bit long winded at times ;) They may have trouble understanding you.

I would explain that 'my Pleo can run the Halloween personality but won't run at all when that is removed, is there some way to reset the default personality which is not working'.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2013, 05:45:17 PM »

Thanks IMR, and yes I over explain at times, :o :cat-hug: I did keep the second email shorter than the first. I explained it ran with a skit, Chinasong.urf. But when the battery was pulled out, no movement or sound so that if possible I would like if they could send me the reset software as it may be corrupted software issue. If the reset software did not work, then I would have to re think what to do. Then I thanked them very much and sent it to Helen the same person who sent me the first response. I have not checked my email since this morning so I will check it shortly.                RWM

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2013, 02:48:53 AM »

Really upset tight now, but a quick question.Since Cammie-Sue can run skits and this would probably indicate a software like issue, correct? E
Well Innvo emailed me again but what they sent was not a reset for the software, but a pleo rb
update for either the male Or female, a patch...nothing to do with resetting the software'I Do not think they Understand. I know when the rub first came out there were at least two people who accidently downloaded wrong files and they were sent the reset software :pray:Now All they need to do is Send me the reset pleo rb software.. If I only knew the person who had this problem I am sure they still have the reset link.. ??? ??? :(I just feel so helpless right now. One last bit of info. Every battery I put in Cammie within 2 seconds of turning on goes from green light to red.I wish I knew what caused this problem,
         RWM :-[ :( :cat-hug:  what now''

y p

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal