Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Speaker issues?  (Read 2951 times)

Peaches

• Pleontologist
  • Female
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
Speaker issues?
« on: March 09, 2013, 02:27:23 PM »

Hey everyone, sorry I havent been on for ages. My son had shingles, then just as he was getting over that my daughter fell ill with a really bad viral infection, & naturally just as she got over that he's come down with a viral infection & she's come down with shingles so its been crazy here.

Any ways I turnt Piper on today for the first time in a week & notice theres an issue with her sound. One minute shes fine then she suddenly makes this weird noise which seems to replace a few of her other noises, theres also this weird noise when she walks, but she wouldnt walk for me tonight to record it, but  she doesnt normally make this noise, its like her 'joints' are suddenly squeaky or something, you can hear it when she shakes her tail as well.  ^-^

This video is of her making noises - she does a few different ones but the noise Im on about happens around half way through & twice near the end.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vEAYHUwFJo" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vEAYHUwFJo</a>

Any help would be great, & hope you're all well  :flowers:

"She's not just a dinosaur, she's my best friend. I'll always love her & I promise to never ever leave her, cause I'd miss her too much & she'd miss me" - my son about Piper <3

tracytigress

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Female
Re: Speaker issues?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 03:25:05 PM »

I didn't notice any weird noises myself, the last one on the video I think is the burping that happens when you've fed your Pleo lots in a row, at least Rolli did that for a while when I kept feeding her after she started her normal burping :)

Peaches

• Pleontologist
  • Female
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2013, 03:35:53 PM »

I thought it was burping at first too but her burp sounds quite different to the noise. It's almost as if the speaker just messes up for a moment, & makes this grind/garbled noise
"She's not just a dinosaur, she's my best friend. I'll always love her & I promise to never ever leave her, cause I'd miss her too much & she'd miss me" - my son about Piper <3

tracytigress

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Female
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2013, 03:39:08 PM »

I don't know if it's a bug or not, but I know my Pleo did it a few times during one playsession, and only after I had fed her too much in a row. After that I fed her a little bit less, and she never did it again :)

Maybe there's a usual smaller "Oops it seems I've eaten quite a lot" burp, and then that bigger "Uuuuugh I've eaten sooo much" burping xD
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 03:41:09 PM by tracytigress »

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2013, 05:53:33 PM »

Definitely a normal sound  :)  It is a burping noise.  It sounds almost like it is a cross between a hiccup and a burp or like a forced burp.  My guys do that all the time if they are over fed or if they just decided to have a burping session  :D

Peaches

• Pleontologist
  • Female
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2013, 07:11:01 AM »

Oh thank god for that! I was hoping it was just a new noise she'd decided to start making than anything actually wrong with her, would break my sons heart if she was actually going wrong.

She seemed to do it a lot last night when we were at the hospital, but once I got her home & recorded her she barely did it so maybe like you both said she had a weird burping session lol

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2013, 09:50:08 AM »

It's one of they joys of owning a Pleo - they can still surprise you with their vocabulary from time to time!  :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal