Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: PDK (pleo development kit)  (Read 17149 times)

bjoreman

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Male
    • bjoreman.com
Re: The story of "Pleo Development Kit" not yet ended !
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2009, 03:58:14 AM »

Yay, that does sound great! Gob will be on its toes, eagerly awaiting more information!

;D

pleoplus80

• Member of the herd
Re: PDK (pleo development kit)
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2009, 05:01:14 AM »

Will keep you update if I hear any more news from my friend !

I am eager to build the character for my Pleoplus with the PDK too !

Nafcom

• Pleo wanderer
  • Male
    • Nafcom's Crap Blog!
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2009, 07:25:07 AM »

And you or 49er didn't think to get his phone number or email address?   Eeek!

He works here now: http://www.artswestschool.org/us.html according to the way the email addresses are written it's most likely Caleb.Chung[at]artswestschool.org
Nafcom's Crap Blog & Nafcom's Crap Forum. Because I am weird like that :)

Junkroxy

• Renaissance pleo
  • Male
    • Pleo Blog
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2009, 02:45:22 PM »

Read here!

The Pleo story is not over!  This little dinosaur robot designed by UGOBE had lots of buzz (for over a year) before it came out, presenting at DEMO and other techno-elite venues.  But a few months ago, the website disappeared and it looked like Pleo was done.  But now Jetta Company Limited has acquired the assets of Ugobe and will re-launch the Pleo robot.

My lab worked with UGOBE under their academic partnerships program.  They sent us a couple of Pleos and gave us early access to the Pleo Development Kit (PDK).  It was a fun little platform to play around with, but ultimately didn’t quite have enough juice to be a compelling platform for our social learning and HRI research.  Mainly because it was easy to script the robot, but not so easy to make it dynamic and interactive due to flaky sensors and limited on-board processing power.   But for the price point, you can’t expect too too much.

What I hope they add in the next rev. is wireless control.  I’d love to be able to easily control Pleos from our existing codebase for AI/HRI.  Let’s see…

http://www.athomaz.com/?m=20090618
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal