Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feeding??  (Read 1232 times)

Gimpdiggity

• Pleo wanderer
  • Male
Feeding??
« on: February 05, 2013, 01:14:20 PM »

Hey everyone.

Silly question here.

When I feed Pearl, I hold her leaf under her chin until she moves her head up and kind of "pants."  I then put the leaf into her mouth gently, and it takes her a good couple of seconds to realize that it's there, then she chomps on it until she drops it and then starts going about her business again. 

Is it normal for the Pleo to hold the leaf in her mouth for a couple of seconds before, I guess, recognizing that it's there?? 

In contrast, when we play Tug of War, she seems to recognize that the tug of ware toy is in her mouth right away. 

Thanks. 
Jeff

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Re: Feeding??
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 01:57:28 PM »

I thinks it's to do with the data being sent, telling the main personality there's food in there, what type and how much to adjust the feed levels by.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Gimpdiggity

• Pleo wanderer
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 02:02:58 PM »

Ah, okay, that makes sense.

So basically the leaf, because it's food, has to "send" more information to the robot than the toy does.  The robot just has to know the toy is in it's mouth in order for it to "see" the toy, but the robot has to know what the leaf is giving it in order for it to "see" the leaf. 

I'm going to order another food set from Innvo, but I will be waiting about two weeks because it appears that they are closed for Chinese New Year until about the 17th of this month. 

I was originally thinking that maybe the leaf's RFID chip was not very strong, and it was taking it a bit longer to respond, but now that you mention that the leaf actually has to make the robot "think" that makes sense. 

Thanks!
Jeff

By the way, I'm sorry about all of my paranoid questions...after having that first one go bad on me, I've been really worried about this one, so any small thing that seems slightly out of the norm really makes me start to worry.  As I mentioned before, I'm a pessimist by nature, and with one bad experience under my belt I'm even more paranoid!!   :D

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2013, 05:33:34 PM »

Heck, we've all been there - it can be a bit nerve wracking!  :D

What Kat says does make sense, though I rarely play with the stone so hadn't noticed a difference.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal