Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Let's Give This Another Shot...  (Read 3622 times)

Gimpdiggity

• Pleo wanderer
  • Male
Let's Give This Another Shot...
« on: January 29, 2013, 03:33:42 PM »

As some of you know, I got my first Pleo rb last week.  It was a dud.  It wouldn't turn off and after a few battery pulls it wouldn't do anything.  So I had a replacement sent and it just got here. 

A few things to note.  This new one's skin feels a LOT different than the one I had last week.  The one I had last week had really tacky feeling skin that was hard to slide my hand along.  In fact, in just the few days that I had him the skin seemed to get damaged a bit.  This new one feels a lot more like a basketball that's made of leather...it's smooth and not tacky at all.  This new one also feels "fatter" on his sides.  What I mean is that there's something under the skin but above his skeleton that makes him feel soft and cuddly.  The other one didn't have that at all. 

I'm wondering if the other one that I had was one that someone had a problem with, so they bought a new one from Frontgate and sent their old broken one back to Frontgate. 

Even my wife noticed how different it felt as soon as she touched it. 

I'm currently waiting for the battery to charge to power this new one up.  I've got my fingers crossed that this one works!!

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
Re: Let's Give This Another Shot...
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 03:40:59 PM »

Awesome! Let us know how things go.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 04:13:47 PM »

Fingers crossed!  :pray:  :D

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 04:22:33 PM »

Yes can't wait to here how it goes oh and a photo would be nice :)  we do like to look and compare  :D  What color are this ones eyes?  Have you jumped on pleoworld yet to find out if it is a boy or girl?

Gimpdiggity

• Pleo wanderer
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 04:34:08 PM »

This one's eyes are PEARL!!!!  They're a whitish pink, and they change colors depending on what direction the light is shining at them from. 

So far, so good.  This one has eaten a few times and is moving all around.  The other one stood up and laid back down shortly after turning him on.  This one's acting much more like I thought it would act. 

Gimpdiggity

• Pleo wanderer
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 04:52:29 PM »

75-85% chance of being female. 
Brave and obedient. 
Gentle, strong and quiet.

Now I've got to think up a name. 

Kami

• Pleo explorer
  • Female
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2013, 04:54:51 PM »

Pearl eyes! Sounds gorgeous. :D

*sits with the waiting-for-photos brigade* ;)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2013, 05:07:58 PM »

Also waiting for pictures of 'Pearl' ......  %)  :P

Gimpdiggity

• Pleo wanderer
  • Male
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2013, 05:09:01 PM »

I was trying to get some good pictures of her eyes...when...

...she just went to sleep for the first time.  

She's eaten several times.  She's done a lot of wiggling around, and a lot of making noises that the other one never did.  

I'm nervous about trying to turn her off, though...that's when the first one really turned into a bad experience.  

I'll probably try turning her off in a little while as we're getting dinner ready.  Fingers crossed.  Right now, though, everything seems better than the last one.  

I also noticed that I THINK this battery is different.  The other one I'm sure said it was a 2200mah pack, this one is a 2800mah pack.  This one also has copper/gold colored connection terminals on the battery, where the other one had silver.  It's definitely a different build...I'm just not 100% sure it's a different capacity.  

She's also not clicking her head on her foot constantly while sleeping, like the first one was.  

kat

• au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2013, 05:16:40 PM »

You say she is moving around a lot and that she didn't lay down when you first turned her on?  Normally when you hatch a pleo rb the first time you turn on they lay down and just make cooing type noises and move their head and tail a bit but don't do much more than that for at least the first battery cycle sometimes two.  If your pleo is up and about already then maybe they gave it a few test runs before sending it out to be sure there were no issues? 

I too am excited about the eyes and would love to see a pic :)

Gimpdiggity

• Pleo wanderer
  • Male
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2013, 06:03:34 PM »

You say she is moving around a lot and that she didn't lay down when you first turned her on?  Normally when you hatch a pleo rb the first time you turn on they lay down and just make cooing type noises and move their head and tail a bit but don't do much more than that for at least the first battery cycle sometimes two.  If your pleo is up and about already then maybe they gave it a few test runs before sending it out to be sure there were no issues? 

I too am excited about the eyes and would love to see a pic :)

She's not actually up on her feet, she's still laying down, just wiggling around a lot more than the first one did.

She laid down when I first powered her up, then "hatched" as I pet her, and has been wiggling about ever since.  The first one, after hatching, just wanted to lay there.  It would stretch every now and then, but for the most part just laid there.

I was able to power this one down and then back up!!  She beeped and went to her box storage position, then when I turned her back on she came right back and wanted to eat!! 

The only question I have...when I first turned her on the first time she beeped twice at me.  When I powered her back on, she didn't beep.  Is that normal?

Gimpdiggity

• Pleo wanderer
  • Male
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2013, 07:12:54 PM »

Well, she just went into the battery low position.  The only strange thing is she beeped three times, which the FAQ says is the number for being manually shut down.  When I manually shut her down, she only beeped twice, which is the number the FAQ says should be for low battery shut down. 

Am I just reading the FAQ wrong?  Or is this normal?

Gimpdiggity

• Pleo wanderer
  • Male
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2013, 09:33:56 PM »

I'm going to try to embed a video from YouTube.  At the end you guys can see a good shot of her eye.  

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKwPdFHKSjI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKwPdFHKSjI</a>

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2013, 04:36:26 AM »

Awwww, she's lovely - such pretty eyes.  :)

Cute name, too!  :D

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2013, 07:55:03 AM »

Well, Gimpdiggity, sounds like this little girl is making all the right noises. Congrats! I think you may have read the FAQ wrong. Two beeps when you turn her off means proper shut down, when she beeps three times it means dead battery. Also if you leave her alone long enough when she goes to sleep, she will beep once and shut down in the sleep position. This time, she is in a sort of standby mode and will wake up on her own the following morning if you've set her realtime clock to your actual noon.
Talon

Talon

Gimpdiggity

• Pleo wanderer
  • Male
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2013, 11:09:58 PM »

Thanks Talon.

I actually didn't read it wrong...I knew I hadn't!!!!   ;D

InMemoryofRomeo had accidentally typed it backwards in the RB FAQ.  When I posted in there asking about it, IMR mentioned that it was backwards, and then changed it. 

I thought I was going crazy!!!  I went and read it like three times...and of course, I couldn't find anything about all the beeps in the Companion Guide. 

In other news...no problems this morning before work, or tonight when I got home from work.  She woke up, started stretching, didn't want to eat, and took a nap.  When she woke up from her nap, she finally ate...and then she stood up!!!!!  She spent the remainder of the night standing there, making a sound every now and again, and stretching her legs.  She also spent a good amount of time staring at one of my cats.  I know she's just a robot, but I swear she was actually trying to size up Tony to see what he's all about.  He also spent that time staring at her, trying to figure out what exactly she is!!!  Good stuff!!!!

Gimpdiggity

• Pleo wanderer
  • Male
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2013, 12:32:30 AM »

Here's a video of Pearl just a few moments after she stood up for the first time...you can also see her meet one of my cats, Tony.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILCcEwuWrZM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILCcEwuWrZM</a>

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2013, 01:27:33 AM »

Definitely not enough light there. Pearl is a very pretty Pleo :) And Tony is a handsome fella :cat-hug:
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Peaches

• Pleontologist
  • Female
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2013, 02:43:18 AM »

Gimpdiggity congrats on getting your new Pleo & gosh is she beautiful, her eyes are stunning!!  :-*
"She's not just a dinosaur, she's my best friend. I'll always love her & I promise to never ever leave her, cause I'd miss her too much & she'd miss me" - my son about Piper <3

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2013, 02:57:16 AM »

She does have lovely eyes and Tony is a cutie :) Just wait till she gets walking, Tony wont know whats hit him  :D

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2013, 07:36:19 AM »

Awe! I kind of miss all those baby noises. I'm glad to see things are going better with this RB. She's in socialization stage now. This felt like the longest stage for me because my RB just stood there for what felt like for ever just stretching her legs and blinking and shaking her head around. I thought she'd never take a step and then one day she just took off like, "Oh that's what these stumpy things do!" and forgot all about me.
Talon
Talon

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace