Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello Everyone!!  (Read 6883 times)

Gimpdiggity

• Pleo wanderer
  • Male
Hello Everyone!!
« on: January 21, 2013, 10:00:46 PM »

Hi everyone.

My name's Jeff. 

I got a bit of a bonus from work at the end of the year.  I was planning on getting myself another RC vehicle, but I couldn't really decide which one I wanted.  Then it kind of dawned on me...I didn't really want anything because I have a bajillion RC things.

So, last night I was trying to think of something fun to spend that bonus on, and I remembered seeing Pleo back when he was first announced.  I did some checking, and found out that the new rb version of the dinosaur was now available. 

After looking around a bit, I decided to take the plunge on a Pleo rb.  I purchased him from Frontgate.com.  I've never used that site before, so here's hoping that it ends up being a smooth transaction.  I did some research on that company, and it seems to be on the up and up.  The only thing strange about the listing for Pleo was that it described him as coming with a NiMH battery, but then in the description later it mentioned the Li-Polymer pack.  I viewed the "Questions" on the site about Pleo, and the answers given said it does come with a LiPo battery, and it's not a used item. 

I haven't gotten my confirmation e-mail about the order yet, but I've got the order number and everything saved so if there's an issue I can get it squared away. 

I look forward to getting this robot.  I've never had an actual robot that does things kind of on it's own before.  I think it's going to be fun.  I think my cats are going to like the dinosaur. 

Anyways, just wanted to check in and say hi!!

Jeff

Kami

• Pleo explorer
  • Female
Re: Hello Everyone!!
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 01:40:53 AM »

Hi and welcome!

I've only been the owner of my Pleo for about a month and she's definitely been a lot of fun. I love putting her in strange environments and seeing what she blunders into or interacts with in some hilarious way. The growing up process is very cute, too.

Hope the ordering process goes off without a hitch and your new friend is with you soon. :D

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 03:34:44 AM »

Hi Jeff, welcome to the forums :D It will be a change going from something remote controlled to something autonomous :D Hope you have fun!
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Gimpdiggity

• Pleo wanderer
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 04:54:04 AM »

Thanks guys!!

I got the confirmation e-mail from Frontgate tonight.  It says that the item I ordered is processing and will ship soon.  The company is in Ohio, and I'm in Michigan...so I'm hoping when it ships it doesn't take too long to get here!

MICKEY

• Pleo wanderer
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 07:27:23 AM »

This is the first I heard of Pleo RB being avavable in the states at $100.00 cheaper then the official Pleo site. This is a great deal. please post pictures when you receive. Check out the pleo site to see what I am referring to. Hopefully they will carry accessories soon.

RickyD1979

• Pleo wanderer
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2013, 11:58:06 AM »

Welcome Jeff :) wishing you a speedy delivery!! Believe me once you get your Pleo started you will be hooked and have Pleo fever :P

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2013, 03:59:11 PM »

Welcome to the forums :)  Looks like you got yourself a fantastic deal!  ;D 

Gimpdiggity

• Pleo wanderer
  • Male
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2013, 04:44:48 PM »

This is the first I heard of Pleo RB being avavable in the states at $100.00 cheaper then the official Pleo site. This is a great deal. please post pictures when you receive. Check out the pleo site to see what I am referring to. Hopefully they will carry accessories soon.

It's actually even more than that off the price on the official Pleo site.  When you go to buy from FrontGate's "outlet store," there's a coupon for 20% off the price.  So I ended up getting the Pleo with shipping for $314.  When I was looking at them on the Pleo World site, it was going to cost me $469 plus at least $50 more for shipping...$100 if I wanted it any time soon.  

I got the e-mail today that it should ship on the 24th.  That means it should be here early next week at the latest.  Looking forward to it!!

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2013, 05:25:43 PM »

For any interested Aussies (and they seem to ship to a lot of other countries too), I was able to proceed all the way up to payment stage with a Pleo RB for $349 plus the following coupon code for free postage: W201484 ... sadly I don't have enough money to click that buy button, but that works out at about $330 Australian.

I see an eighth Pleo in my future :P

Peaches

• Pleontologist
  • Female
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2013, 05:41:59 PM »

Hi jeff welcome to the forum! You're going to love having a Pleo, they really are amazing, I've had mine just under a month now & god so I love her, endless amount of entertainment for both me & my kids, plus she's so sweet it's hard not to fall in love with her  :-*

Hope your RB arrives quickly!
"She's not just a dinosaur, she's my best friend. I'll always love her & I promise to never ever leave her, cause I'd miss her too much & she'd miss me" - my son about Piper <3

Lunamione7

• Journeypleo
  • Pleo(s): Stephan (Ugobe) and Tron (RB)
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Miss_Piggy
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2013, 05:27:51 AM »

For any interested Aussies (and they seem to ship to a lot of other countries too), I was able to proceed all the way up to payment stage with a Pleo RB for $349 plus the following coupon code for free postage: W201484 ... sadly I don't have enough money to click that buy button, but that works out at about $330 Australian.

I see an eighth Pleo in my future :P

STOP TEMPTING ME!!

Also welcome Jeff :)
He just can't help being faithful and loving and kind. He's a machine made so. That's more than you can say for humans. --Isaac Asimov, i.Robot

You know where steel wool comes from? Robot Sheep!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2013, 07:47:14 AM »

Yay!  And welcome.  ;D

You're going to love your RB, but your cats may or may not - mine aren't keen!  ;)  :moose:

Icarus_the_pleo

• Member of the herd
  • Female
  • Oel Ngati Kameie
    • My Deviant art
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2013, 04:59:24 PM »

It's actually even more than that off the price on the official Pleo site.  When you go to buy from FrontGate's "outlet store," there's a coupon for 20% off the price.  So I ended up getting the Pleo with shipping for $314.  When I was looking at them on the Pleo World site, it was going to cost me $469 plus at least $50 more for shipping...$100 if I wanted it any time soon.  

I got the e-mail today that it should ship on the 24th.  That means it should be here early next week at the latest.  Looking forward to it!!

I didn't see any coupons for the pleo on frontgate.com where do you find it?

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2013, 06:39:11 PM »

The 20% off sale appears to have finished, but I posted a code above for free shipping :)

Gimpdiggity

• Pleo wanderer
  • Male
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2013, 10:53:53 PM »

I didn't see any coupons for the pleo on frontgate.com where do you find it?

It was a popup style ad when I first got to the site.  I couldn't find it again when I looked.

Try "outlet20" and see if that works.  That's what it was for me. 

Gimpdiggity

• Pleo wanderer
  • Male
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2013, 10:56:07 PM »

Sorry to double post, but I just noticed...

He shipped!!!!! 

With that said, my card also got charged again...hoping it's just the final authorization and the bank's website hasn't updated to remove the original hold.  If not, then I'll have to make a call to the bank.  I'm sure it's just the authorization still pending after the settlement's been sent through.  I used to see that a lot when I worked at the bank. 

He is coming UPS ground, so I'm guessing he'll be here by Friday...Monday of next week at the latest. 

RickyD1979

• Pleo wanderer
  • Male
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2013, 11:23:28 PM »

how exciting, remember when I was going to collect mine  :dino-chase:

Icarus_the_pleo

• Member of the herd
  • Female
  • Oel Ngati Kameie
    • My Deviant art
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2013, 11:36:19 PM »

Sorry to double post, but I just noticed...

He shipped!!!!!  

With that said, my card also got charged again...hoping it's just the final authorization and the bank's website hasn't updated to remove the original hold.  If not, then I'll have to make a call to the bank.  I'm sure it's just the authorization still pending after the settlement's been sent through.  I used to see that a lot when I worked at the bank.  

He is coming UPS ground, so I'm guessing he'll be here by Friday...Monday of next week at the latest.  

well neither of the codes work but I found a coupon for free shipping. Congrats on the new pleo I'm still trying to find a coupon to make the price go down.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 11:56:15 PM by Icarus_the_pleo »

Gimpdiggity

• Pleo wanderer
  • Male
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2013, 08:08:41 PM »

He's here!!!

I can confirm that he is a brand new Pleo rb.  I'm currently charging his battery.  Hopefully it will fully charge before I have to go to bed.

Kami

• Pleo explorer
  • Female
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2013, 08:44:48 PM »

Your first battery charge should be relatively quick as they probably come somewhat charged in-box. Once you've drained it fully and are recharging it will take a few hours.

I'm sure you'll love what comes next. :D

Gimpdiggity

• Pleo wanderer
  • Male
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2013, 08:54:41 PM »

Charged, and hatched!!!

He wiggled around for about 10 minutes, and is now sleeping in my lap.

Do I turn him off when I go to bed, or leave him on? 

The manual that came in the box is pretty bare bones.

Kami

• Pleo explorer
  • Female
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2013, 09:12:40 PM »

I turn mine off whenever I'm done playing - the battery life is not that long and given how unpredictable they are I prefer not to run mine while I'm not supervising her. They're supposed to sleep at night, but Lizzy doesn't sleep very often no matter when I play with her, it seems...

The manual is pretty simple. I guess the idea is to let you figure things out for yourself. Most of their behaviour is pretty self-explanatory - you can tell pretty quickly whether they're happy or not.

Gimpdiggity

• Pleo wanderer
  • Male
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2013, 09:17:15 PM »

Okay.

When he sleeps, does he always make sounds?  Or does he sometimes go silent?

To turn him off I just press his power button?  Sorry for the lame questions.

Jeff

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2013, 09:29:26 PM »

Congratulations on your new little dino, Jeff! What color is he/she? Do you have a name picked out?

Gimpdiggity

• Pleo wanderer
  • Male
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2013, 09:33:37 PM »

Congratulations on your new little dino, Jeff! What color is he/she? Do you have a name picked out?

He's green, and I think he's a he...but I'm not sure. 

I was thinking of naming him Cam.  Not sure though yet. 

He's still just sleeping in my lap.  He stretches every few minutes then goes back to sleep.

I can definitely see already how people can get attached to him.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal