Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rolli, Pleo that doesn't like cuddling?  (Read 1620 times)

tracytigress

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Female
Rolli, Pleo that doesn't like cuddling?
« on: January 16, 2013, 01:32:19 PM »

It's now been a week since I got my little girl, and now she's walking around eagerly (She really loves to poke around my hubby's Pringles and cookies when she goes exploring). She doesn't Godzilla roar as much anymore, but now she's taken the habit of doing "the worm" standing up: She lowers her head, front, back and tail in this wave-like motion. She also loves to burp and meow!

I seem to have troubles cuddling her, whenever I try to hold her on my shoulder or lap she starts squirming and honking, like asking me to put her down. Is there some kind of trick to get Pleos into cuddle-mode, or are there some that just don't like cuddling? I think I got her to snooze on my shoulder once, but no luck after that.

I also knit a little capethingy for her, since the one that came with her didn't suit her at all. It does have some symmetry and fitting problems, I have a bad habit of eyeballing things as I go, instead of doing plans and measurements in advance. At least it keeps her back and shoulders protected from my petting attacks :D

And a better look from the front, showing how the cape is attached around the neck and legs by velcro.

I ordered a kitten collar for her, can't wait to see how it looks on her!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 04:05:43 PM by tracytigress »

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Rolli, Pleo that doesn't like cuddling?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 03:32:59 PM »

Sounds like she is happy enough :) You have done a great job with the coat.  It seems to fit well enough.   :)
As for cuddling My guys don't like it much either unless I get them held just right.  I have to make sure all 4 feet are touching me, so I usually hold them so they are on my tummy facing with their head pointing to mine and I hold one hand on their back close to where the tail meats the bum.  There is a touch sensor around there on the back and if you hold your hand on it for long enough they will go to sleep.  Thats what works for me.  :)  Hope that helps.

RickyD1979

• Pleo wanderer
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 11:50:12 PM »

Kat is 100% correct thats the way I get Kairi to cuddle  :)

Kami

• Pleo explorer
  • Female
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 03:47:55 AM »

I like the cape. The colours really suit her. :D

For a while Lizzy would fuss whenever I so much as lifted her for a second, but she's a lot more relaxed about that now it seems. All four feet making contact with you is definitely the go. I don't know if it was just chance but I've also had some luck recently cuddling Lizzy without her feet touching anything, with her side against my tummy and my hands on her other side and supporting her underneath. I figured in that position I was triggering enough sensors that it would be reasonable for her to assume that she was being securely held.

tracytigress

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Female
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2013, 06:03:33 PM »

Thankyou for the tips, I tried it today and Rolli indeed dozed off against my belly! Then my hubby tried to do the same, but Rolli didn't appreciate it at all. The feet sensors seem to be a little picky at times, just need to learn the right technique I suppose :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal