Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How come you can still buy Ugobe Pleo new?  (Read 3176 times)

Robbie

• Leaving the nest
  • Female
How come you can still buy Ugobe Pleo new?
« on: January 03, 2013, 05:10:45 PM »

I purchased a new Ugobe Pleo for Christmas 2012, I have been told by the serial number he is a first generation Pleo. After battery problems and a whole pile of research I found that Ugobe has not made Pleo for more than 3 years so was wondering how I got one, just curiosity any one know the answer?

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
Re: How come you can still buy Ugobe Pleo new?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 05:50:51 PM »

Hi, Robbie! New doesn't really mean new as in freshly manufactured. It just means the pleo has never been opened or hatched. Your new pleo has sat in its original box somewhere with its original battery and all of its original stuff for four or five years. Those original green Ugobe batteries are dead as door nails and will seldom come to life without considerable effort. You'll probably be better off purchasing the famous egg chargers with the newer lithium ion batteries. You can buy them here on the forum. Just look for the stores tab and find Nova's Necessities. They give you more playtime than the green ones anyhow. I have two- one for each of my Ugobes and they run for about an hour and a half to two hours depending on how much walking they do. I hope this was helpful and answered your question.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 07:58:54 PM »

As Talon said, in reality 'new' Ugobe's are actually quite old these days. There's still plenty around from when Ugobe liquidated though.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Robbie

• Leaving the nest
  • Female
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 12:24:06 AM »

Thank you both, Is the orange and black one  in your signature picture a Pleo? Is there any website anywhere which shows all the different types of Pleo's there are? I have seen a picture on here of one hatching out of an egg but can't see it for sale anywhere. This is our first Pleo for my eldest grandchild but he is already planning his second and his younger siblings are also putting in orders.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2013, 02:39:21 AM »

Pleo RB's come in Pink, Blue and Green, original and 2009 Pleo's only come in green.

Stitch, the tiger Pleo, is custom painted :)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal