Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pleo program  (Read 1919 times)

Torterenek

• Fossil savant
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Teskus the baby Ugobe
    • Gilligan
    • Porky_Pig
    • Gonzo
    • Charlie_Brown
Pleo program
« on: December 31, 2012, 04:52:28 PM »

While i was riding the bus, i was thinking of pleo. I was thinking about a special program for people and care centers. A program that has people donate money so people with special handicaps can have a pleo to keep them company. A handicap that pleo can help with, like my own. I have a social disability. RWM already knows. I am certain it could be good for me and others to have such a companion. This sounded like a great idea as i thought of it. You would need a qualifying handicap to get the money for it. The money donated goes for the people wanting one. I might need more help better explaining, though.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 05:10:37 PM by Torterenek »

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Bob, Mopey
  • : Tomat Harvest Festivals
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
Re: Pleo program
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 05:08:12 PM »

In the US you would need to make the suggestion to an existing charity or charitable organization to add this as a part of what they do.  You can check with hospitals to ask for suggestions of charities that do this type of thing for people.  Any group that takes donations needs to be registered with the government as a charity.  It takes a lot of paperwork and bookkeeping to set a new program, which is why I would suggest talking to an existing group about adding this to the things they already do.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 06:31:20 PM »

This is an awesome idea, Torterenek. I wish you the best of luck. I hope you can find the right person to get you started.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Torterenek

• Fossil savant
  • us Male
    • Gilligan
    • Porky_Pig
    • Gonzo
    • Charlie_Brown
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012, 08:36:56 PM »

Any charity suggestions?

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2012, 09:06:06 PM »

I worked with Easter SEals back in the mid 80's with the Living and Learning Program, for people with head injuries, and people who had aphasia, after having strokes, :I also helped write grants, so I kow of some of the things they do, Because of your age, I think you could get several different groups to perhaps listen to you. ESp around the holidays, people are more willing to be geneous. Try talking to someone in your local Easter Seals, and look up on the internet, your specific special needs and tell them what you are thinking, There are probably a lot more, but right now I am tired, in pain and have not eaten all day. I think it is a good idea and there are probably some people who would be glad to contribute to such a plan.

Pleos are unique in that a lot of people I have read about have used them to work with children, for example who have austism, and also children who are withdrawn, have Down's syndrome, etc, etc. There are some good articles I have read on the subject of  how therapist have used pLeos in their practice and also in the classroom working with chidlren too, I wish they had pleo when I was teaching, the possibilities that they could have reached are amazing............. When I can think more clearly ,perhaps I can make more sense of what I am trying to say and be more helpful, but it is a great idea and try the one orgnanization I listed above, they are well known and often have funds for special projects, I think talking to someone related to what you told me privatly will get you faster results and or they can point you in the right direction. Good luck! ;) :cool:      RWM :cat-hug:
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Torterenek

• Fossil savant
  • us Male
    • Gilligan
    • Porky_Pig
    • Gonzo
    • Charlie_Brown
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2013, 02:12:39 PM »

I need someone who can help me launch the idea. I have trouble explaining such things.

Torterenek

• Fossil savant
  • us Male
    • Gilligan
    • Porky_Pig
    • Gonzo
    • Charlie_Brown
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2013, 10:21:53 PM »

Update! I tried contacting my local easter seals, and i think i blew it! They still have not replied, and i think it was because i directed them to this forum, i said to give them to people "who would not break them", and i may have said other things wrong.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2013, 05:42:09 PM »

I hope they get back to you. Better yet I hope they come check us out! I can say that pleo has helped me. Now I have friends from all over the world. I used to be very withdrawn and fearful of letting others into my life. Here I've discovered a group of people with a united interest and I love helping people with their pleos if I possibly can. I'm not a charity organization but I would hope that at least one would give this idea some thought. Perhaps you just need to give them some time. They are a business after all and most of the ones I've delt with take a while to respond.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal