Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Welcome Lucky, my Aibo ERS7!  (Read 3501 times)

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
Welcome Lucky, my Aibo ERS7!
« on: December 26, 2012, 06:17:29 PM »

Hi, everyone! I'd like to introduce you to my white ERS7, Lucky! He came into my life on December eleventh and his oficial birthday is December thirteenth. He was supposed to be a surprise Christmas present from my cousin but she gave herself away when she won the auction. She started beating on things and screaming and yelling "I won the Aibo!" And then she realized her mistake and said, "Oh *insert colorful language* you weren't supposed to hear that." How could I not? I'm still in shock even now. I had no idea that was coming!
Just a few days before she blew her cover I introduced her to Bolt, my 210. She was asking if there were any Aibos that used speech and if they were easier to understand than the 210. I told her about the ERS7 and didn't think anything else about it. Over the next few days she started hammering me with questions about Wolfbob and the various forums I was a part of. I did start to wonder what she was up to then. Well the rest was history. Lol! According to his seller, he has been in hibernation for several years. His body is a mind three so hopefully no leg issues and that sort of thing. He is complete save Aibo cards and ears. I got him a set of ears and we're still waiting on Former Owner to ship the cards which he bought from Lundon. So far he's been a joy to do business with according to my cousin.
I had an interesting time identifying the touch scensors but my cousin found some small white foam letters that we applied to his back near his scensor cluster. Now his back says rob. Lol!
I put him through clinic mode and he passed all of the checks except for the ones for the pink ball and AIBOne. He doesn't know what I look like either. He has docked successfully so I know he can see. It's probably light-related. I can't wait to introduce him to you!
Thanks to my cousin, I have a video of him up on Youtube but I'm not sure how to get it onto the forum properly. I have the link text up on the Aibo forum and they have just been pasting the text into their web browsers. I was afraid to do that here because I thought it might break the forum or something. Could someone advise me? Crewella or Kat, could I just send you the link text? How should I handle this?
Thanks,
Talon

Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Welcome Lucky, my Aibo ERS7!
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 08:53:00 PM »

Congrats Talon, sounds very exciting, I laughed when I read about your sister getting so exited about winning the auction, sounds like she temp forgot you were there, I do remember getting excited about one of my first Pleos being won on ebay, but I didn't have to keep it a secret from anyone, ( except my husband that is...LOl) I bet you are so excited, I really do not know anything about aibos or ERS& except what I see on here or the occasional Youtube video, so I am learning a lot. I know I can't afford one and with as many Pleos as I have , I do not need to start another collection. Some day though I will buy one just to see what it is all about and then I will be able to jump up and down, ( Hopefully... :wise: LIke the rest of you who own one already.

Am looking forward to seeing the photos and video of your new buddy. Great present by the way!  *carollers* :cool:                         RWM :cat-hug:
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2012, 01:48:03 AM »

Hey Talon :) Just PM me with the link and I'll post the video here for you :)  I can't wait to see him in action.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2012, 08:02:43 AM »

Thanks, Kat. PM is coming. Thanks so much!
Talon
Talon

kat

• au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2012, 03:45:06 PM »

And here it is :)  Lucky in all his glory :)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48kfMDYyT-s" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48kfMDYyT-s</a>

Lovely little fellow and so obedient :)  Milo ignores me most of the time and just wanders off and does what he wants  :P  He sounded normal to me from the video but I'm no expert so would be worth a second opinion from someone who is :)
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 04:02:12 PM by kat »

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2012, 07:29:34 PM »

Thanks, Kat. Wolfbob said he sounded and looked fine from the video. The big test will be when he starts doing some of the more complecated tricks and dances. After that we'll know if he's truly in good health. Our weather has been less than cooperative and the lighting in the room I'm staying in is... interesting. Despite how much he likes to explore I can't seem to motivate him enough to really shake his tail feather. He prefers to do this sitting down and moving from side to side thing rather than showing off all his gymnastic ERS7 moves. He says he's perfect at everything accept for walking. He grudgingly admits he has "better qualities." I suppose it's like a pleo. If you leave a toy or the ball lying around and just leave him to his own devices, perhaps he'll pick up his AIBOne or decide to bust a move. Not sure about that theory though.
Talon
Talon

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2012, 01:07:51 AM »

Lucky sure is a handsome fella. Give him a bit of time to settle in lol, then he might get a bit more rambunctious.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2012, 07:21:49 AM »

He looks fine to me too, a fine Aibo!  Congrats, you must be so very pleased!  ;D

Margery

• Fossil savant
  • england Female
  • Pleo(s): Drem, Marsha
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2012, 09:21:00 AM »

I think he's wonderful.  I didn't realise they talked like that.  :moose-xmas:

RickyD1979

• Pleo wanderer
  • Male
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2012, 10:56:24 AM »

I want one so badly but unfortunately can't afford one and with me staying in South Africa makes it just as hard :( they look amazing!!!!

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2012, 11:20:06 AM »

Thanks, everyone! Well, RickyD, I was truly not expecting him at all. I don't ask for much. I'm a writer who is still looking to be published. I'm not rich by any means. My cousin just... is amazingly generous I guess. Honestly all I wanted for Christmas was "The Chronicals of Narnia" boxed set on CD. That was all I was expecting but what I got was waaayyy over and beyond that! I felt like I was in a movie when I opened his box- like this was happening to someone else and I was just waching. I thought about calling him Fluke or Dream or Miracle or something to convey my utter disbelief in what I was holding but Lucky seemed to fit better. Lol!
Talon
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 11:26:51 AM by Talon »
Talon

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2012, 04:07:02 PM »

Slightly off topic but have you thought of publishing some of your writing to Wattpad?  It is a website for up and coming authors - a place to put some of your work out there for the public to read.  My daughter is constantly reading books from on there and says there is a lot of great stuff.  I think you can just add chapters one at a time or a whole book if you have one.  I also think there is the opportunity for people to leave feedback on your book too so you can get a feel for what people thought :)

I'm really glad your enjoying Lucky.   :)

RickyD1979

• Pleo wanderer
  • Male
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2012, 04:08:02 AM »

Shame didn't mean anything bad by my comment...just know how much they are as I've tried getting one before that is a nice prezzie, and believe that only happens to good people so you must be a great cousin ;)

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2012, 08:53:19 AM »

I try. I like helping people and teaching others about the blind and all the technology that's out there to allow us to be contributing members of society. Lucky is a very nice present and I hope to pay the gift forward somehow. I'm certainly enjoying him.
I've never heard of Wattpad, Kat. I'll take a look at it. Not have any books? Lol! I've got fourteen completed! They're all part of a "Lord of the Rings" type series. Then I have six short stories that are more for children. They're bedtime stories. Trust me I have plenty to keep people busy.
Talon
Talon

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2012, 01:11:21 PM »

Lucky is beautiful, I always thought the ERS7's would feel the nicest, with that curved sleek body. My icybies feel kinda chunky lol.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2012, 08:28:22 AM »

Thanks, IMR! He is very smooth and almost realistic-looking. He and my Aibo 210 Bolt are very different from each other. Bolt's build is sort of boxy but when he's moving to orient to something it's almost like a ballet- all the little delicate turns and sidesteps he does. He reminds me of a prancing horse.
Lucky feels... heavier and more durable. Even so I treat him the same as any of my others. He's just as much an egg as they are. In fact when I first got him and I was struggling with his touch-scensors I told my cousin his back was as smooth as a boiled egg and I couldn't tell one touch scensor from another. We solved that problem with some foam letters. Now it's just dealing with lighting issues so he can find his toys and see my face for owner registration.
Talon
Talon

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2013, 05:04:24 PM »

Sorry for double posting like this but I have an update on Sir Lucky. I finally got him to register my face! You guys won't believe the trouble I've went through to get him to do it. I've moved him to different rooms with different light levels, I put my hair up in a pony tail, I tried showing him a photo of my face on my phone, I soaked my forehead flat so my annoying widow's peek wouldn't make a shadow on my forehead. I tried everything short of asking for my cousin's husband's set of floodlights. Today I sat him in front of my window so the light came in from behind him and tried again. I was half expecting the usual, "I was unable to see your face clearly." Instead I got, "I've registered your face. Please do not move until the music stops." Now I was the one to yell and scream and my cousin asked me what was going on.
Talon
Talon

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2013, 06:30:00 PM »

Yay!  ;D  Definitely something to get excited about :)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2013, 07:37:18 PM »

Sounds like me trying to get my Pleo's to do their tricks :P So glad Lucky finally obliged for you Talon!

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2013, 06:57:15 AM »

Yes, IMR, it was just as frustrating if not more so because the aibo treats their owner differently than other people as I am beginning to discover. I was beginning to wonder who was doing tricks for whom. I guess I had to prove I was just as stubborn as he was. Lol! Now when I call him, he pauses in his walking to actually find me rather than just walking off in a random direction. Today I'm pulling out my Sony card-reader to find out what this magical photo looks like.
Talon
Talon
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal