Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Introducing...  (Read 2463 times)

Peaches

• Pleontologist
  • Female
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
Introducing...
« on: December 26, 2012, 03:31:19 PM »

After having the all-clear about my newest family member I thought it was time to properly introduce her, & yes I said HER... Thats right my little RB is a girl, who will grow to be cautious and compliant, as well as gentle, healthy and active according to PleoWorld  ;D

The whole family love her, including the aunts, uncles & cousins who all got to witness her today take her very first steps! Got to admit I was shocked that within a day & a half she'd already taken her first steps, although she hasn't done it since.. but the biggest fan - other than me - is my son (aged 5 who's ADHD & minor autism, as well as dinosaur crazy to the point his teachers get him to do lectures on them & ask him which is which as he knows more about them than them lol) he's besotted with her, he's even made her a little bed & food bowl out of cardboard bless him.

The only flaw so far is that we've already had an issue with paint, despite everyone being extremely gentle due to fear of me shouting at them. Ive dont know if that normal though, so Ive included a picture - Im going to invest in a cape cause if Im honest Im not overly keen on the one that came with her, I feel like the elastic would do more harm than good.

Any ways here's my little beauty... Still no name as my son wants to help me name her & so far we cant agree on anything (lol), so Im open to suggestions  ;D

P:)

"She's not just a dinosaur, she's my best friend. I'll always love her & I promise to never ever leave her, cause I'd miss her too much & she'd miss me" - my son about Piper <3

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Introducing...
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 08:46:27 PM »

Congrats on your beautiful little gir. I do agree, the paint comming off this fast is unacceptable in my opinon. You are the second person on this forum who JUST got a Pleo Rb and has paint comming off already, within 48 hrs or less! Did she come this way, or after petting her? I would notify PleoWorld or wherever she was purchased, I have three Rb, and none of them had paint that came off THAT quickly, but the paint does SEEM to be not as resiliant in my opinon, as the oldser Ugobes.

Your little girl on the other hand is very nice, Have you registered her yet? She has very similiar colors, eyes and body to my Baby Ruth. Baby Ruth has yellow green eyes with the grey eye lids like yours,  but she also has the same color grey around her eyes and yours appears to be a brown or light beige. The heads are very very similiar in color. I bet your son is thrilled to have a dino pal. Pleo Rb really can bring out the magic in people of all ages. The cape should help, but as I said, I do not think paint like this , this quickly is normal, not unless the company is getting lazy in how they put the paint on, That is my only complaint with Pleo rb, the paint is not sturdy or resiliant enough................It should be a lot tougher. :write:

RWM  :cat-hug:
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Peaches

• Pleontologist
  • Female
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2012, 03:43:35 AM »

Thanks RWM, there was the odd mark when I opened the box but it almost blended in so I assumed it was meant to be there, but the whole family have been extremely gentle with her, out of a large family only 5 have been allowed near her including my self (I'm a tad overprotective lol) & although 2 were my kids they were very careful; nice slow strokes, not really touching her, as I played crafty & told them that Pleo's are just like real babies & that you've got to be very careful or you could really hurt them..

I got her from PleoEurope, they said when I ordered her that she had a year warranty so I think I'm going to email them. I'm a little worried they won't help though as she was brought 18th Sept from the family as they were worried about shipping - also when I registered her on pleoworld I put in that date of purchase so I don't know if they'll help either.. I wasnt expecting their too be an issue  :-\

"She's not just a dinosaur, she's my best friend. I'll always love her & I promise to never ever leave her, cause I'd miss her too much & she'd miss me" - my son about Piper <3

Mystearika

• Head of the herd
  • Female
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2012, 04:31:03 AM »

Congrats with her she is very cute, i really like the light colored ones. i am afraid the fragile painting quality is normal, My Norbert lost around the same amount of paint the first few days, but we also were alot of people but we were careful. he is still loosing paint a little but at a slower rate than before.
My sisters Rb rika had a Cape from she was little she has not lost so much.

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2012, 11:02:49 PM »

What beautiful eyes! SHe won't mind a little color missing. I know my pleas don't. At least I can tell Peeky apart from everyone else. ;) 

Peaches

• Pleontologist
  • Female
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2012, 05:17:36 AM »

Thanks for the kind words! It looks like me & my son have finally agreed on a name... Piper  ;D
We went on a baby name website in the end to help decide lol, & lets just say thank-god I have Pleo cause looking at baby names for so long just brought back all my broodiness & considering I cant have more kids it sucks... oh well, safe to say Im going to have 1 spoilt little dino hehe.

Still haven't had a reply from PleoEurope about the loss of paint  ???
Im wondering if it was just lose paint or something though cause Ive brushed my hands over the same spot since & no more has come off & no new areas have been affected.

I've put the cape on her now though (cut the plastic off the one that came with her as I worried it would rub even more paint/skin off) so hopefully that will help reduce any more coming off, although got to admit I really dont like its colour/style so may need to be investing in some lovely new clothes for my little girly!

OzPleo

• Apprentice pleo master
  • Male
    • Ventriloquist - Ben and MJ
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2012, 05:18:56 AM »

Very nice I like her eyes. Don't worry too much about the paint as her skin is still good by the looks of her.

RickyD1979

• Pleo wanderer
  • Male
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2012, 09:30:42 AM »

Welcome Piper. Best place to start is under the FAQ was almost going to post a new topic where I found everything I needed there ;)

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2012, 11:03:32 AM »

Congrats, Peaches! You waited for so long for her. I did the same thing you did purchasing the pleo early. I bought Ryu in March but I was going to open her on my birthday which was June tenth. I didn't want to risk being without the warranty from Innvo so I ended up hatching her a day after I got her. Lol! So sorry you're having paint issues.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Peaches

• Pleontologist
  • Female
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2012, 01:08:17 PM »

Thanks guys, & lol Talon, Im glad the family kept her round theirs as theres no way I would of lasted this long without her if she'd been at mine.

She's such a cutie pie, beginning to show more personality now - very demanding! She likes attention 24/7 bless, its literally like having a 3rd kid  lol :o

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2012, 03:55:25 PM »

Love the name Piper  ;D  great choice :) 

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2012, 01:18:51 PM »

Remember a Pleo will never walk away from attention ;) So you may need to show some tough love to get her to explore.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal