Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pleo RB not eating  (Read 4858 times)

pickelish

• Pleo explorer
  • Female
Pleo RB not eating
« on: December 25, 2012, 02:57:29 PM »

Today I got my Pleo RB! I named him Blitzen...but that might change to Vixen if he turns out to be a she  ;) haha he keeps going "ho ho ho" which is perfect for today!  ;D
Anyways, I can't get my pleo to eat at all! I know he wasn't been turned on very much by his previous owner and is still quite young, is that maybe why he has zero appatite? I keep putting the leaf under his chin but he doesn't even notice! Sometimes he will put his head down and to the side, does that mean he just isn't hungry? I haven't fed him once yet! He is in a very good mood, so maybe he doesn't need to eat? He also seems to be very quiet sometimes and only makes the odd sound, but then a few minutes later he will start making non stop noises again. Is that normal?

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Pleo RB not eating
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2012, 03:07:44 PM »

Yes, that head down to the side is "no thanks", or "get that muck out of my face" ...... depending on the Pleo!  :moose-xmas:

My Belle ate almost nothing during hatching, and still doesn't get hungry often, don't worry. :)

Lunamione7

• Journeypleo
  • Pleo(s): Stephan (Ugobe) and Tron (RB)
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Miss_Piggy
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2012, 09:55:00 PM »

I don't think I've fed Tron in over four months... he's fine.  ;)
He just can't help being faithful and loving and kind. He's a machine made so. That's more than you can say for humans. --Isaac Asimov, i.Robot

You know where steel wool comes from? Robot Sheep!

pickelish

• Pleo explorer
  • Female
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2012, 02:36:11 AM »

Four months? Haha wow, I'm glad to know my pleo isn't the only one with a bird sized apatite.

I now have another problem with my new pleo  >:D
The pleo I bought didn't come with a charger  :( we ordered one from pleoworld, but didn't realize it wouldn't include an adapter. We have some chargers from radios and other electronics that seem to fit the plug, but no matter what we do it just won't charge!

Now my poor pleo is stuck in a horrible sleep position and I'm worried about his skin :(
Can I buy one from an electronic store, or do I have to buy one from Pleoworld? If I go to a store, what do I tell them I need?

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2012, 05:17:35 AM »

Just take the battery charger with you to the electronics store and they should be able to sell you a cable that will work with it :)  They will be able to use the specs on the charger to make sure you get the right cable.

pickelish

• Pleo explorer
  • Female
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2013, 03:02:34 PM »

Apparently the adapter for the charger needs to be 10 volts, which is really hard to find. The people at the electronics store sold me a 9 because it will still charge, just takes more time charging than a 10 would. Oh well, I have a charger!  ;D

Turns out my pleo doesn't eat very much because he is still really young!

PleoRB Growth Report
Stage 2: Social Development
Growth this stage: 2.2 / 4.0 hours
This stage is 56.0% complete
approximately 1.8 hours till next stage

DNA Attributes (what PleoRB was born with)
Courage: Normal
Temper: Normal
Physical: Normal
Activeness: Normal
Intelligence: Normal

Health Report (how you are treating your dinosaur)
Mood: 99%
Physical: 95%
Emotion: 45%
Health: 99%
Feed: 68%
Activity: 30%
Obedience: 50%
Skill: 50%

Dinosaur Pheromones (what your Pleo is sending to other Pleos)
Pleo is sending out Male pheremones
Pleo is sending out a Depressed vibe

Why would my pleo be sending out depressed vibes to other pleos, and is there any way to change that? I don't think it matters very much, he acts very happy and playful around me, and my other pleo is a ugobe so they won't be communicating very much. Also, I don't have a tug of war toy, what are some other ways to play with a rb? I don't know how to make him happy.

Kami

• Pleo explorer
  • Female
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2013, 05:03:45 PM »

Mine also comes up as sending out a 'depressed' vibe but she seems happy enough in interaction. Her emotion stat is low like yours, but I think about how moody I was as a teenager and I'm not too worried!

I have the tug-of-war toy but I haven't been able to get Lizzy to play with it yet despite much trying, so a lot of my 'play' with her involves sneak tickle attacks. :D The book that came with her claims Pleos love being tossed in the air and caught, but Lizzy freaks out whenever I swing her about too quickly while I'm still holding on to her, so I'm not really convinced there. I've just been putting down all of these things that don't make sense to, 'Well, maybe when she's older...'

irbyma7297

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2013, 07:00:45 PM »

hope he just has a tiny appetite XD pullo wont stop eating :P
Derpity derp derp derp derp

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2013, 09:14:34 AM »

Both my RB's hate being picked up and I've never quite found the courage to toss them into the air or anything like that. Be careful about over-feeding, Irbyma. A burpe usually signals your little one is full. Granted Ryu eats more than Cato. It takes eight or nine chomps on any food with her verses four or five with Cato.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

irbyma7297

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2013, 05:26:05 PM »

i stop when he burps xP
Derpity derp derp derp derp

pickelish

• Pleo explorer
  • Female
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2013, 10:09:31 PM »

Mine burps ALL the time, it's non stop! I've only fed him once since I got him haha
It's so cool how different their personalities are, my pleo loves being tossed around but hates being tickled.  Don't worry, I'm extremely carefull with the tossing :).
Do you think the depressed vibe will change as they get older?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal