Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ideas/ suggestions for new pleo?  (Read 2056 times)

irbyma7297

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
ideas/ suggestions for new pleo?
« on: October 10, 2012, 05:50:20 PM »

hehe. i thought that we could say what we want the next pleo to be like so that we can find a way to submit it top the company!
just say what you liked about the new pleo, what you didn't, and suggestions for the new one!

1. pleos should have facial recognition and perhaps better memory, not much, just what's been happening in the current battery cycle, so they can tell if your being mean to them, etc.
2. maybe a little bit bigger, that way they could find ways to quite the joints, larger memory, more mobility, etc.
3. stronger necks - that would be muchos helpful!!
4. longer lasting battery.

i hope i'm not asking too much!! just tell me if there's a reason pleo is like that, etc. i understand why it takes so long to charge and other things like that.

Derpity derp derp derp derp

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
Re: ideas/ suggestions for new pleo?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2012, 06:53:09 PM »

I can think of one reason. The price tag. More features equals more money to add in the new features. Still, dreaming sometimes leads to improvement. I'm sure others will probably weigh in on this.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

irbyma7297

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2012, 06:55:57 PM »

XP if we give the right suggestions, the price may end up being worth it XD

Adama Ajames

• Following the footsteps
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2012, 12:56:28 AM »

Havent posted here in awhile lol , but several improvements i would like to see in a new Pleo are

* Different herbivore dinosaurs, maybe a stegosaurus , igquanadon or triceratops or my absolute favourite Parasaurolophus.

* Self charging with some kind of charging nest, I know last time this was brought up Invo said it was hard to do but come on its nearly 2013 its gotta be possible lol

* Face reconition and better feedback towards the owner from Pleo, sort of like a artificial imprinting.  :)

* And one thing that would be great but its more of a gimmick then somthing really needed,  would be Pleo actually hatching from a egg for the baby stage.

These are things i feel would add value to a pleo Companion as im sure Invo once quoted it was a companion aimed robot , not a toy.

Adam

Floodsy

• Pleo explorer
  • Female
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2012, 05:56:11 AM »

Make it breath fire!

No, no I'm kidding!  :D  But seriously, what I'd like to see added into Pleo is a walk up charger like the Aibo's, definitely facial recognition, something to keep their necks from popping and twitching, and maybe the ability to sense where they are in the house, dorm, etc.

irbyma7297

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2012, 02:26:16 PM »

hehe. the ugobe pleos on amazon jumped up a hundred dollars  :-X almost as much as an rb!!!!  :o :P :P :P :P :P

denodan

• Pleo wanderer
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2012, 03:48:34 PM »

I can think of one reason. The price tag. More features equals more money to add in the new features. Still, dreaming sometimes leads to improvement. I'm sure others will probably weigh in on this.
Talon

It is a fact of life, more features higher price, but much better Pleos, cannot keep the price the same without adding more features. I would rather pay more and get a better Pleo. I will love to see what they do next.

Also more movements, and random at that, so each day is not the same, or does not do the same moves each time, kind of boring. Face recognition, in the way Xbox 360 uses Kinect and the new Samsung Smart tv's, so you wave to get Pleo attention to preform tricks.

Also a way where Pleo has to learn the tricks, like a real dog, a praise and treats as a reward for doing tricks, rather then the stones now, as he is not really learning tricks. So much more life like if pleo has to learn them like a real dog. Kintec and sight would be a good way to interact with Pleo, he sees you, and sits there, you say his name and reacts. And hand gestures he does tricks, but feel like a real dog, he has to learn tricks, and learns by doing certian things he gets a reward.

I am not a fan of the stone idea, as he needs to actually learn tricks.  Also an option where you can seen on a screen what Pleo is seeing with his camera, so needs to be wifi capable.

Pleo more lifelike, while the laughing and other animal noises are kind of funny, makes Pleo more like a toy rather than imitating as best they can a baby dinosaur, am sure a baby dinosaur would not make these sounds, so a much more life like Pleo Please. So Pleo needs a much more serious nature, or at least the option to turn these non life like sounds off. I mean the laughing is something animals do not do, so needs an option where he can be hooked up to computer with a menu of options to turn things on and off and customize him the way you want, so if you want these funny no real sounds then fine, if not the option to turn them off, or replace sounds, so downloadable sounds would be great.

For Pleo to hook up to PC, it needs to be simple menus so even the average person can use.  Skin you can replace yourself, which could lead to you being able to buy costume skins and replace the skin yourself when it gets to warn.

As has been said a self charging station, so when he gets low on power finds it and charges himself. Sensors not only in the front for object detection, but behind and on the sides also, so has object and avoidance detection all around in all directions, so less likely to get into trouble and get stuck, etc. 

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Bob, Mopey
  • : Tomat Harvest Festivals
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2012, 10:33:19 PM »

so if you want these funny no real sounds then fine, if not the option to turn them off, or replace sounds, so downloadable sounds would be great.
You're in luck! Both the classic (ugobe) pleo and the Pleo RB allow you to replace any or all sounds with downloadable sounds.  It's called sound shadowing, and there are a number of sound packs in our download section.  Of course, you can also create your own sounds to replace ones you don't like.  So, instead of your pleo saying "hello" he can say "G'day mate!"
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal