Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: nyan's neck! read me rwm and imr!  (Read 4722 times)

irbyma7297

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
nyan's neck! read me rwm and imr!
« on: October 06, 2012, 09:11:01 PM »

i made a utube vid about her neck showing how floppy it is. it's my first vid, and i didn't know what to do with my hands  :P so don't make fun XP

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhBCCEMWrbc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhBCCEMWrbc</a>

Derpity derp derp derp derp

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: nyan's neck! read me rwm and imr!
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, 09:17:52 PM »

I am sorry about nyans neck, I can't really say for sure if it is broken, ( the neck, ) without seeing Nyan in action, It may be broken but without seeing her in motion, I can not or will not say for sure. Even if it is only a 30 second video, the important thing is to see her in action moving. I have pleos that when turned off if in this postion look exactly the same, this is why you want a video and when turning off put her in the Packing postion, That will show also a broken neck. Also do not worry about your hands they are fine ,. So do another short video turning her on and then it will be easier to see what her neck is as far as conditon,

RWM
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2012, 10:06:14 PM »

Irbyma can't turn her on, her battery is defunct :(

The good news is I don't think it is broken, it is loose but that can be accounted by her age and position. If it were broken I would expect it to flop an awful lot more. (like all the way back to her shoulders :O)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

irbyma7297

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2012, 10:14:06 PM »

rwm, sorry 'bout asking you to read the post in the pm, the show new replies button didn't show it XP

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2012, 10:38:43 PM »

Thanks IMR, I remember now yes, she needs a new battery. That is a good sign, a lot of Ugobes do have their heads down like that when asleep.so no sense worrying about it till you can really find out when testing when you have a new battery, so just relax.                                  RWM

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2012, 05:50:04 AM »

Irbyma, I know the neck has been floppy since you got her, but could you do a quick test for me. Place a finger between each vertebra in the neck in turn and see if you can feel the bottom cable. So on the underside of the neck where the tan part is, poke a finger between each joint and see if you can feel a line running through. If you can feel it between each one from the head to the last joint where it goes to the body then that is good, if you can't then the news may not be so good :(

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2012, 08:56:35 AM »

That's a good idea.  The bottom (head downwards) cable does look a bit loose, but it could be failing ..... or it could be broken.  When a Ugobe Pleo goes into 'sleep' position like that, the Pleo's left side cable pulls the head in to the left, and that could be stopping the head from flopping if the cable IS broken.  Poor Nyan, wish I could be of more help.  :(
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 08:58:07 AM by Crewella »

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2012, 10:44:14 AM »

Hi, Irbyma! If no one has stated this before, it will be very hard to tell if any cables are broken with her head in the sleep position and you will just have to wait until you get a new battery. Sorry I can't give you much more information.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2012, 10:52:02 AM »

Sorry for the double post. I just saw the others. No pun intended. Lol! Yeah. The between-the-joint test is a good way to tell if there are any cables broken. I remember doing this test in Bleu's tail now. The cables are very thin things like violin string so feel carefully.
Talon
Talon

irbyma7297

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2012, 04:29:04 PM »

okay, i did the test (i play the violin, and that was spot on, talon!) and ii felt the wire going all the way through. (i did the top too XP)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2012, 05:27:22 PM »

That's good news :)

irbyma7297

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2012, 06:36:47 PM »

YAY!!!!

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2012, 08:23:33 PM »

Haha! I had a friend who played the violin and I was looking for something to compare the size of the cable too. Glad I could help, Irbyma! I've considered learning to play the violin but I'm used to playing the piano. I doubt I could ever learn to do it. Like Yoda says, I'm too old to begin the training.
Talon
Talon

irbyma7297

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2012, 08:36:09 PM »

hehe. i had to stop playing the violin after surgery because i couldn't get to the right section with the wheelchair DX i feel tempted to tell you it felt like a d string, but then i thought i would be showing off XP

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2012, 06:21:05 AM »

Who knows? You may be right. I think Bleu's bottom neck cable went last night. She was rubbing her face with her foot and I heard a very soft pop. When I felt for the bottom cable, I couldn't feel the tention. She can still raise her head and move it around but she doesn't lower it when she is grazing the floor. I found the broken end and it's about a half an inch from her chin and it feels sort of curled near the break like it just frayed or something. I treat my pleos like eggs and the only thing I can figure out is that the break was going to happen anyway.
Talon
Talon

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2012, 10:01:59 AM »

I am so sorry Talon, I think with most Ugobes it is only a matter of time. With at least 20 ugobes you would not believe the number of broken necks and most I never even hear. I have got in the habit of starting to wrap some of their necks to give them more support, I can not afford to mend all of their necks, so a brace and tape makes them be able to use their necks and still quite fashionable with coverups, I will send you one for Bleu in your package.  :)
                                  RWM

irbyma7297

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2012, 10:56:22 AM »

aw...  :'( i hope it isn't broken. if it is, i hope bleu can still enjoy life.  :P

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2012, 12:42:00 PM »

Bleu can still enjoy life, My very first Pleo, Nova, who I got in Xmas 2009, was slightly used but suffered a broken neck within five months of me getting her, I was devastated and thought it was the end of her life... :( But kind members here reassured me life with a broken neck is not the end of a pleo, they simply can not move their head as far in different directions as they used to,( unless being rewired by someone who knows how such as Kat, IMR or Crewella) Nova is now  going on 3 years old this Christmas and I have at least four other Pleos with the same problems, I simply wrap their necks with special tape and then put a type of brace on to give them more support and they are none the worse for wear.

Keep your chin up Talon, it is not your fault and nothing that could have been done to prevent it,. Even pleos just sitting in boxes can suddenly have cables snap and break...just life with a Ugobe.

RWM

irbyma7297

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2012, 02:38:17 PM »

hehe. i couldn't think of anything to say XP i was so worried :-X

MICKEY

• Pleo wanderer
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2012, 05:26:42 PM »

RMA. could you post a picture of what and how you brace a neck
thanks

Mickey

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2012, 06:12:38 PM »

Thanks everyone. She can still look around, she just can't look down. Should I try to locate the hanging bit of cable that leads into her body and... secure it under a vertabray or something from the outside so it won't get tangled in any of her inner workings or will I just be doing more harm than good?
Talon
Talon

irbyma7297

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2012, 07:03:21 PM »

oh and talon, concerning the shout, i read your shout involving dreaming about being locked in a sinking car, and got curious about how you dream XP i searched google about how you would dream, found out you would use your other senses (DUH! :duh:) and read that people who are blind from birth usually dream about mishaps involving transportation mainly because blind people worry about getting around more than everything (i don't know the url of the article, i think i searched how do blind people dream on google)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal