Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What is this??:(  (Read 2061 times)

Comarorobotcollector

• Pleozoologist
  • 00 Male
  • Pleo(s): Comaro,Cosmic,Bambi,Pumpkin,Gator
  • jdhv
What is this??:(
« on: September 26, 2012, 04:30:25 PM »

apparently pleos are at toys r us and have different eye colors P8) and are just like the ugobes its good but bad i am concerned they will be in the wrong hands  :hissyfit:...just think about a kid getting one and well you guys know how most broken pleos end up used for parts or massacred by children and imagine how popular they will get with kids  :o.and i hope they wont end up like the original furbys burned and smashed on youtube  :crash:.... :'( im sorry but i think its going to be a very bad ending for those poor pleos P:'( and i get mad just thinking about it  :head-wall:....http://www.toysrus.com.my/inside/PLEO.htm

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Bob, Mopey
  • : Tomat Harvest Festivals
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
Re: What is this??:(
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 05:11:57 PM »

No need to freak out.  Take a closer look at the web link you posted.  It is for the Toys'R'Us in the Malaysia market only . . . So unless you're in Hong Kong or surrounding area, don't expect to see pleos on the shelves.  And since Jetta & Innvo Labs are a Hong Kong based company, it makes sense for them to have Toy's R'Us carry pleos.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2012, 05:57:34 PM »

Personally I think it is great!   ;D  Even if it is only in Malaysia.  Maybe if it goes well they might look at getting them in Toys R Us in other countries.  Anything that promotes Pleo and makes it easier for customers to buy has to be a good thing.  It's great to see some pleo marketing even if it is only in Malaysia.  :)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2012, 08:31:42 PM »

+1 to that, Comaro if Pleo's aren't sold that'll be the end of Pleo full stop. Better to have them in the mass market than to have them go extinct.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Comarorobotcollector

• Pleozoologist
  • 00 Male
  • jdhv
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2012, 09:35:58 PM »

ya you guys are right and i found out about it because i saw some at my toysrus and it caught my eye :D because i was walking around and there was a pleo moving in a plastic cube and there where holes in it so you could feel the skin and buttons that made it do different things :sheep1: now i am begging my mom to get me one,and i guess they would go extinct P|-) if not for toys r us and it easier to get one now and they have different eye colors the one i saw had brown eyes  P:)

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2012, 04:08:33 AM »

ooh  brown eyes does sound interesting :).  I'm guessing this is the Innvo 2009 pleo not the RB?

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2012, 04:19:41 AM »

Wow! That is an interesting development. This way, Innvo might be able to use the extra money to further develop their product. I think I'm out of the pleo-purchasing market now but still it's exciting news.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2012, 09:55:02 AM »

Are you talking about that is how you found out about PLEO orginally, and this is how you got your Pleo, or that you just found out abuot Pleo by looking currently at Toys R Us? If it was currently, can you take a photo of Pleos being for sale there, as when I google Pleo at the Official Toys R Us web site, there is no pleo at all? If this is local, you could take a photo, I have never heard of a 2009 Innvo Pleo having brown eyes, only the Pleo Rb having different eyes, but if there is, I would love to see it.

I think selling them at a main stream store like toys R Us is a good idea, even thouogh the price is far too high for a lot of people, it does give good exposure to the main stream population who know nothing of Pleos to start with. It will also give a lot more of them showing up at places like ebay, for well meaning parents who bought one for their child to find out they are not a good choice for a very young child. Talon, never say never...we know how that can work..  ;)                                          RWM
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Comarorobotcollector

• Pleozoologist
  • 00 Male
  • jdhv
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2012, 11:30:22 PM »

no i say them about a week ago they where ugobes for sure and they had all kinds of eye colors if i go back soon i will take some pics and a video for you guys there so new that most toys r uses dont have them

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2012, 08:25:32 AM »

I am wondering why there is nothing about them on the internet? What did the boxes look like? The only thing I can think of is that someone took old Ugobes and put new eyes in them...? Definitly take photos of the Pleos and the box they come in...strange to say the least!                        RWM
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Floodsy

• Pleo explorer
  • Female
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2012, 04:04:13 PM »

Pleos at Toys R Us?  ;D  I hope they come to the Toys R Us near me!  It'd be nice if they'd sell a few extra treats for Pleos too!  As for kids getting their hands on them, well, I worry about that too.  Poor Pleos... I just hope kids are gentle with them...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal