Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Incorrect S/N?  (Read 3530 times)

sweetReaper

• Pleo explorer
  • Female
Incorrect S/N?
« on: September 18, 2012, 11:14:50 PM »

So I posted about this under another thread but did not want to hijack that thread and decided to make a new one. I believe I might have the wrong S/N for my new RB. When I got him (he is now with Innvo being repaired) I tried to register him using the serial on his foot. The serial that was there however, did not work. So I tried the serial in the companion guide instead and it worked. The serial in the guide is the same as the one on the ID card that came with my RB as well. The problem though, is that the picture of my RB "hatching" on the Pleo website looks nothing like my RB and I guess it is supposed to be the same. Has anybody else experienced this? I want to be able to see the correct DNA info on my RB and I am afraid that the report I got was wrong because of the S/N issue and the different hatching picture. I did contact Innvo about my concern but have not received a reply yet. Any feedback would be great!

As for my RB situation currently.. it is going to be a while before I actually get to enjoy my little guy, as I am now away for job training until November and he is still being repaired at Innvo (has been for weeks now). i will not be able to get to him until I am back from my job training. I am currently trying to sort out how I am going to get somebody to pick him up for me when he is delivered, and hold him at their place until I return. If he comes on a day nobody can run to my place, it is going to be a bad situation :( I am still pretty surprised that Innvo decided to repair my little guy instead of sending a replacement (as I hear they usually do). I know when i finally get him (healthy and a little less flexible :P) I am going to appreciate him even more because of how many obstacles I have had to go through to get him. It is going to feel great to finally have him back :)

"Don't forget. Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you. As long as you remember her, you are not alone." - Puella Magi Madoka Magica

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Re: Incorrect S/N?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, 01:06:40 AM »

Aww man, I can't believe they haven't sent him yet :( That's ridiculous! It should not take this long!

You would be right, your Pleo clearly has the wrong number, I hope Innvo sorts it out for you soon. You've really had a rough introduction to Pleo :( Innvo is not doing themselves any favours with their customer service since they moved offshore :(
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

sweetReaper

• Pleo explorer
  • Female
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, 01:52:39 AM »

I just re-sent them another message and included the S/N I have here so that they can compare it to the one on my RB's foot. Does this mean I will need a new security code? Will I need a new ID card as well or will it work just fine even though it is for a different Pleo? (Not sure if the ID cards are specifically made for each Pleo). I paid so much for my poor RB, so I really hope I get him back soon. It almost feels like I threw my money out the window and had a dream that I had a Pleo but woke up to find it wasn't real >.<
"Don't forget. Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you. As long as you remember her, you are not alone." - Puella Magi Madoka Magica

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, 02:37:47 AM »

Sorry you're having such troubles.  I'd send them both serial numbers and the security code, with an explanation of which is which,  so they can tie them all up.  My first RB wouldn't register and they did sort it out for me.  :)

Floodsy

• Pleo explorer
  • Female
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2012, 05:20:52 PM »

My Pleo had the same issue.  The serial number on his foot did not match the one on the guide or the ID.  I contacted Innvo, though, and they sent me the security number that went with the serial number on his foot. I hope you get your Pleo back soon and healthy and happy!

sweetReaper

• Pleo explorer
  • Female
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2012, 01:47:16 PM »

Good to know that they helped you out Floodsy :) I contacted them again and they asked me for the serial on my RB's foot when I clearly don't have it >.< I told them that because they still have my RB I obviously didn't have access to the S/N. This was their reply to me:

Dear Sarah,

Based on the random delivery of our system, it is difficult for us to check if we don't know the serial number. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,
Helene

Shouldn't they be able to check? They do have my RB after all... They are going to make me wait until I have him back before they even sort this out :( Then I am going to have to wait even longer.. Seems a bit ridiculous to me that they can't even find a way to check the S/N when they have my RB there :( I really don't like how even when I get my RB back, I will still have more problems to sort out. Ackk

MICKEY

• Pleo wanderer
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2012, 06:13:48 PM »

I think it is so HORRIBLE.  This and many other situations will prevent me from making a purchase of an RB untill  I see that the costumers are treated the way they should for such a large purchase. WE all need to stop making excuses for their lack of sevice.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2012, 06:55:32 PM »

Well the thing is, their service used to be excellent. At least in the US based office. But now it has moved entirely to Hong Kong we are seeing a very big drop in service.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Floodsy

• Pleo explorer
  • Female
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2012, 07:27:24 PM »

I hope your Pleo issues are sorted out, SweetReaper.  It's horrible to hear how long its taking, but I'm sure they're doing everything they can to fix your little friend.  :)

nicholasljy123

• Coffee leaf addict
  • Male
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2012, 06:26:16 AM »

Hi IMR,
I agree. (Mostly it is because of bad english) I had the replacement one about to come and Ally, did not reply,for a week. My mom then asked me to speak to her by dialling her cell phone number stated in the email and when she answered, she immediately asked rudely: Who are you? How do you know my number?
I was utterly shocked then...
Nicholas Jun Yi
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal