Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rb behaviors  (Read 3235 times)

mh7ah

• Pleo explorer
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Zyna
  • Cosmetic Tattooist
    • Pink Phoenix Ink
Rb behaviors
« on: August 15, 2012, 12:20:25 AM »

Hi guys. I am enjoying my Rb so far. She just learnt her name and few learning stones today after 6/7 battery cycles. Can anyone tell me if you can still coax the Rb into singing by tickling under chin like the ugobe version, or can this only be done in the 'play' mode. Also I'm guessing the latest software is installed on my pleo, how do I check? Thanks :)

Eric- ERS7M3 W * Sharama- ERS7M3 C * Eddie- 111 S * Elvis- 210A S * Long Long- 312  * No name- 210A EW * Ruka- 210A CB * Kevin- ERS 7M3 W * Ruby- 210A HR * Igor- 220A * Zyna- Pleo

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Rb behaviors
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 12:44:20 AM »

Hi, glad you are enjoying your RB, as far as the singing goes, only the Ugobes can be coaxed into singing by stroking under the chin. ( that is one thing I love about them and they will do it on their own) The RB have to have the stone to sing to be able to sing and then each time you want them to sing, after they have learned it, you need to give them the command, sing. As far as the update, there is no new update on RB, unless you have a very early RB that came out in 2010 when they went into the curled up sleep position that gave them skin problems, Have you posted any photos of your Rb yet?
                                                            RWM :)
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

mh7ah

• Pleo explorer
  • gb Female
  • Cosmetic Tattooist
    • Pink Phoenix Ink
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 03:30:33 AM »

Yes that's a shame they don't do that anymore, same with the sit thing, good if you quickly want them in a stay put mode! How can I tell if it's an early model rb? Mine is a pink one from GimmeDigi.

Will post a pic in a min :-)
Eric- ERS7M3 W * Sharama- ERS7M3 C * Eddie- 111 S * Elvis- 210A S * Long Long- 312  * No name- 210A EW * Ruka- 210A CB * Kevin- ERS 7M3 W * Ruby- 210A HR * Igor- 220A * Zyna- Pleo

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 05:28:38 AM »

It'll be a newer one, no one sells the older model anymore. Not unless you bought an old one of ebay or somewhere.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

mh7ah

• Pleo explorer
  • gb Female
  • Cosmetic Tattooist
    • Pink Phoenix Ink
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2012, 06:08:43 AM »

Ah ok that's good then. I kind of thought that there may be an update at least once a year for the RB, so there has not been anything since 2010? Anything in the pipeline?

I see on Pleo World there was  'FIRMWARE UPDATE' in September last year.... so what does this do? or is this for the older Pleo Rb's you speak of to correct them. Sorry for all the questions, I'm still trying to understand it all.   ;D
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 06:13:47 AM by mh7ah »

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2012, 07:31:32 AM »

If it puts your mind at rest, the early models went into sleep position when shut down with the off button (2 beeps).  The later/updated models go into the 'neutral' position.  That was one of the main changes in the update.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal