Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can a new battery be made to fit into the PleoRB while the usb cable is attached  (Read 3132 times)

tejada

• Leaving the nest
  • Female
  • Pleo Herd

Hi,

I have a herd of 10 Pleo classics and would like to buy Pleo rbs, but the software that I have developed connects to the serial port of the Pleo wirelessly
or through the usb cable. Would it be possible to make a new battery that would fit into the Pleo while the usb cable was attached?

Thanks!

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie

Due to the location of the port you need an external power source for the RB's.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

tejada

• Leaving the nest
  • Female
  • Pleo Herd

Due to the location of the port you need an external power source for the RB's.

I have been looking for a picture of the usb socket inside the battery compartment.  Do you know where I can find one?

Thanks!
Sheila

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace

There was a rumour that Innvo would briefly supply a Pleo RB USB/Power adapter, but sadly it never happened.

http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?topic=2329.msg35761#msg35761

PleoPet

• Pleontologist
  • Female

>I have a herd of 10 Pleo classics and would like to buy Pleo rbs...
Unless you need specific features of the PleoRB, I recommend staying with the older models. They are better for development IMHO.
See my older comments here: http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?topic=2974.msg45541#msg45541

> Would it be possible to make a new battery that would fit into the Pleo while the usb cable was attached?
The battery compartment is very tight. The USB connector is in the very top (USB "mini" - not "micro") and not meant to have the USB connected at the same time as the battery.
The PleoRB comes with a USB cable that has a long end on it, which makes it possible to plug into the bottom (but no room for the battery).
A standard USB mini cable will also work, but you need pliers to get the plug into the bottom of the battery case. Also no room for the battery and the cable at the same time.
--
It *may* be possible to strip down a standard USB mini cable, and wrap it around the outside of a modified battery. I thought of doing this before, so you could have the USB feature and the battery working at the same time. You may need to replace the regular USB cable's wires with something thinner/flatter. Either take apart a mini-USB (male) connector, or buy a right-angle connector. The trimmed down USB mini connector can't be too long or you won't be able to fit it into the bottom of the battery. Experimenting and cutting or otherwise deforming the brown plastic battery case will be required.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 10:20:11 AM by PleoPet »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal