Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pleo timing  (Read 3519 times)

ninz

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Female
Pleo timing
« on: June 07, 2012, 04:53:07 PM »

Ok, so I am very very excited today as tomorrow I will be receiving my pleo rb!!!!

However, I will be home to say hello at around 8pm. Now with the timing thing, I read you should put it in at noon but obviously I come home after that. So what should I do?

Can I still play with Pleo without it? Can I just put the timer batter in and let Pleo think it is noon and then the next day at noon, can I reset the time?

What should I do?

I appreciate any comments or advice that you all may have,

Thank you in advance  :)

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Pleo timing
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 05:38:03 PM »

you will need to insert the noon clock battery in order to play with your pleo.  They wont work without it - they just give off an annoying beep if you forget to install it.  :P  You can easily reset it though so go ahead and put in the battery and play till your hearts content then you can reset it at a later date when you are ready.  I know they suggest you should set it at noon.  but I would suggest you have a think about what time of day you will be wanting to play with your pleo the most and then set it for that time.  This way your pleo will think that that time is noon and will be most active then.   :)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 06:14:11 PM »

Exactly :) Pleo will be most active at 'noon' time, but you can set 'noon' time for anytime you like, and changing it just requires a press of a button.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

ninz

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Female
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2012, 04:15:48 PM »

Thank you for the replies!! You are all very helpful, I really appreciate it!  ;D

It says on the manual that Pleo is awake from 8am to 10pm so that's a total of 10 hours. However, that was just an example, it does not say that if you turn on at noon that is what will happen.

Is noon his waking time? So if you insert the battery in at 12... he wakes up at 12 and will go to sleep at 10pm?

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2012, 04:34:10 PM »

If the clock battery is set for actual noon, then Pleo will be active from 8am until 10pm, if you have 'noon' set at 4pm, they'll be active from 12pm until 2am. Basically whatever time you set noon for, take away four hours to find their wake up time and add 10 hours to find their sleep time.

At wake up time they are hungriest, and towards sleep time they get a bit slower and sometimes grumpy :o

Also if you leave them running at sleep time they will turn themselves off with 1 beep, and turn themselves back on at wake up time.

ninz

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Female
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2012, 04:45:43 PM »

I see, thank you! I will make him most active when I get home. Don't want him wandering around the place all hungry and moany.

I just might have to turn him off manually as I need to sleep early and him making noise will wake my budgies up. I just hope this does not affect him in any way

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2012, 05:38:35 PM »

Don't worry Ninz - not all of us use the clock function.  I keep very irregular hours, so  tend to set 'noon' a couple of hours after actual noon and just switch off at night when I want to stop, or change the 'noon' time setting if I get an urge to run them early.  It does them no harm. :)

ninz

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Female
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2012, 05:43:06 PM »

Yey!!! Isn't he the perfect pet ( :-X the budgies can't read!)

The budgies did stare at him... my ones are big wimps  ;D They act tough with the members of my family but if they see a fly, or an ant or anything that moves, that is it!! They will fly to the cage and sit in the corner frightened lol

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2012, 05:50:34 PM »

Heheh ..... my cats are all wimps as well.  I think they believe my 'bots are all related to the dreaded hoover!  :P  :moose:

ninz

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Female
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2012, 05:53:51 PM »

AWW that is cute and funny  :D

I luuurve cats!! I am hoping to have cats in the future... when I move out with boyfriend. Budgies will stay with parents as they do not really like new places. Mine love the living room.

I went to see bengal kittens today and I just couldn't leave the breeders house. There was one little one called Dahlia and I loved her. She was so playful and so funny. She even rested on my lap after a while and we got on well. Unfortunately I only went there to ask questions and not ready to buy....  :'(

txpiglady

• Hatchling
  • Female
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2012, 12:39:52 PM »

I received Trey yesterday and he is finally out of the baby stage.  Well, at least he stood on all 4's today!  My question is about the clock.  Once you put the battery, then press the button, he thinks it is NOON, correct? 

Next question, do you turn him off ever or just when you charge the battery?  When he goes to sleep does the battery shut down by its self?

Thanks!

degers

• Administrator
  • Pleo adept
  • gb Male
  • Degers can't be choosers
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2012, 02:50:12 PM »

Hi txpiglady,

Yeah when you insert the clock battery and press the little foot button then the Pleo thinks that it is NOON when you press the button.

When Pleo rb goes to sleep in the evening then the battery is not drawing power.  However you should turn him off before removing the battery for charging as otherwise if you just yank the baattery out, Pleo will lose the memory of the last things it did.

If Pleo goes to sleep in the evening by itself, you can safely remove the battery for charging at that time if you wish with no adverse consequences, however you will need to manually turn Pleo back on.

Hope this helps
degers :)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2012, 08:19:27 PM »

Just to re-iterate what Degers said, you must switch them off before pulling the battery out, which I assume you've been doing since your Pleo is developing nicely. Either by them falling asleep or by manually shutting them down.

1 beep means they have gone into sleep mode and will wake up in about 10 hours time.
2 beeps means the battery has gone flat and Pleo has saved his current state before shutting down, it is safe to remove the battery.
3 beeps means you've manually shut Pleo down and it is now safe to remove the battery.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal