Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1] 2 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: furby, a new furby?  (Read 11737 times)

snowy

• Fossil savant
  • Female
furby, a new furby?
« on: June 04, 2012, 03:31:46 PM »

i heard a few weeks ago that they are gonna release a new furby soon, later this year apparently, anyone know more?

dee xx

Star

• Coffee leaf addict
  • Female
Re: furby, a new furby?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 03:50:48 PM »

From a quick internet search it doesn't look like there's much info out there so I guess we'll have to wait for the details on this one! I did find out that it's going to have have digital eyes and be made of cuddlier material but that's pretty much it. :( It looks very cool though I'm not sure about the eyes - maybe I'm too stuck in the past? :-[ Even so I'd love to buy one of these when they come out in the holidays. ;D Depends on the price though, I pretty much bankrupted myself buying my pleo rb (it was worth it though :) ). I remember I loved furbys when I was younger so I can't wait to find out more about the features!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 03:53:02 PM »

Yep - I found the same as Star.  Miss those eyes - a screen just ain't the same .......   :moose:

Lunamione7

• Journeypleo
  • Pleo(s): Stephan (Ugobe) and Tron (RB)
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Miss_Piggy
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 06:34:33 PM »

I am not at all impressed with the eyes  >:( I guess the digital ones are cheaper but I would prefer real eyes. With real eyes it looks more like an actual creature, with digital eyes it looks like a toy. Not magical at all. The special thing about the original Furby was that I really thought it was a living creature from another world, these new eyes ruin that illusion for me.
I also don't think it is cuddlier than the originals at all. The originals had fabric ears, this one appears to have plastic ears. The body appears the same, I would say if you held it it would feel no more cuddly than the original.

Are we sure this is real? Is someone just playing around in photoshop to tease everyone? Because I remember when a popular robotics magazine published realistic photographs of a 'New Aibo' and got everyone all excited then revealed the photos were fakes and they did it for April Fools joke... I couldn't find anything official from Hasbro about this new Furby.

If it is real I will of course try to buy one, if they have good AI.
He just can't help being faithful and loving and kind. He's a machine made so. That's more than you can say for humans. --Isaac Asimov, i.Robot

You know where steel wool comes from? Robot Sheep!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2012, 02:19:42 AM »

I wondered about that too, Luna (and remember the 'new' Aibo).  Guess we'll just have to wait and see ..........  %)

Lunamione7

• Journeypleo
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Miss_Piggy
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2012, 08:18:22 AM »

It's TRUE!  ;D

Hasbro have confirmed: http://www.buzzfeed.com/whitneyjefferson/an-exclusive-first-look-at-the-new-furby

They say on their twitter "The global phenomenon returns! Get ready to welcome back FURBY this holiday season!"
He just can't help being faithful and loving and kind. He's a machine made so. That's more than you can say for humans. --Isaac Asimov, i.Robot

Star

• Coffee leaf addict
  • Female
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2012, 11:26:44 AM »

Oh yey! I don't care if I'm too old for them this is going straight on my christmas list.  ;D I wonder if the new Furby will have ai ...

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2012, 03:51:45 PM »

I wonder Crewella, if that was the inside scoop you know who was talking about ;) :-X %)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Lunamione7

• Journeypleo
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Miss_Piggy
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2012, 01:56:33 AM »

This is not related to the new furby but it is a cool picture, baby 1999 Mintys with their Shelby overloard and his faithful jester:

http://s723.photobucket.com/albums/ww238/CRAZYBABY5150/?action=view&current=Image026-5.jpg

HAHAHAHA!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2012, 04:16:22 AM »

*could be ....... *  :moose:  :-X

OMG Luna - that's terrifying!!!   :o

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2012, 06:50:58 PM »

I think the new furby does look kind of cute.  I never had a furby....... :)

bonus41

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2012, 01:50:00 PM »

looks interesting, i was hoping for a new furby when i was 7. i will have to get it...

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2012, 11:19:58 PM »

Both of my original furby's died this year. I guess 14 years is about their life span. They were so funny! New ones look cute! :)

Lunamione7

• Journeypleo
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Miss_Piggy
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2012, 07:11:02 AM »

Oh that is ad to hear fancy :(

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2012, 03:01:19 PM »

All six of mine are still going. My two originals have a few problems but they're still basically working. One needs a new tilte scensor and the other needs a new speaker- easy repairs if you know where to look, just not so easy to do without sight. The two babies and the emototronic guys are still in good working order though. I'd be interested in seeing some video of the new Furby.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

snowy

• Fossil savant
  • Female
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2012, 03:28:09 PM »

i have a gizmo furby but he sounds muffled, i would like to get a new one, but i also wish the eyes were better lol xx

Lunamione7

• Journeypleo
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Miss_Piggy
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2012, 04:39:03 PM »

I turned down an offer on a 2005 Furby and man do I regret it  :'( The Furby was only a few streets away and the owner even offered to deliver it free to my door. The person who bid won it for $10

$10 man!
You won't get them chaper, and in my town too. I should have gone for it but I'd just won Tron and I was hatching him when the auction was ending and just lost interest in placing a bid I guess.
Regret it big time now, only $10 and three streets away. It would have been perfect and a rare colour as well (found that out to late..) oh well there will be others  %)

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2012, 12:57:37 PM »

Awe! I'm sorry. Luna do you want an Emototronic Furby? You're talking about the ones with voice command, right? I have two of them I've been trying to find homes for for years.
Talon
Talon

Lunamione7

• Journeypleo
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Miss_Piggy
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2012, 05:44:55 PM »

Yes those are the ones I was looking for, the big ones you can talk too.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2012, 01:41:04 PM »

Would you like a mated pair? Lol!They will come in one box. One was an Easter gift in two thousand five. The other one a friend gave me because she said its eyes freaked her out. If you're interested PM me and I'll give you more details. It might be a while before I can coordinate the adoption, though. I'm moving and I'll need to get my life back in order first.
Talon
Talon

Lunamione7

• Journeypleo
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Miss_Piggy
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2012, 03:31:54 PM »

Here we go guys the official site is live: http://furby.com/
Nothing much to see there yet though, just 'coming soon' and an animated picture of new Furby's eyes.

ALSO here are some great VIDEOs of new Furby! First one is here with lots of information about what he can do and the new features: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATewDrdidVE&feature=relmfu

Another video is here and shows the voice recognition new Furby will have and some personalities: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwKw6SGqRpI&feature=related

At first I was feeling very negative about this new Furby but after seeing these videos I now feel super excited! I love his new movements and sweet voice and the way he reacts to being tossed around was so cute, he absolutely love it ;D I like that each one will come with its own personality and be able to develop and learn from you. They say some enjoy having their tails tugged and some do not and also some like to be upside down whilst others will get frightened. Having now seen the eyes I am not as angry about them as I was before. I am still unsure but I am pleased to see that they are not completely digital but have animatronic eye lids. The singing along with the music was amazing.

I am NOT happy about the removal of the OFF switch. That means having to carry a screwdriver around everywhere to remove the batteries all the time. Not impressed. He will cost a lot to run because his batteries will be constantly going flat because I won't be able to take them out and I will have to buy new ones all the time. Grrr me no like!

Other than that I am happy with him and will pre-order a yellow one once Toys-R-Us start offering.

Also here are pictures of the box: http://www.engadget.com/photos/furby-on-white/#5133293

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2012, 06:25:17 PM »

Ooookay? *looks slightly confused but smiles* I don't know what to think of these guys. Do the rails go all the way around like a tiny walker? I'm not sure how the voice recognition works. The response on the video didn't look so advanced to me. Every Furby I know accept for the Emototronic ones respond to random noise like that. The Emototronic ones had ten phraises you could give them and they would respond to them kind of like a conversation. I could say "Hi" to one of my original Furbys and get a similar reaction.
On the other hand the beat-detection and the random singing to the music in the second video had me laughing! The little thing was nearly on beat too! It was amazing! All the same, I don't think I'll be investing in one of these guys.
Talon
Talon

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2012, 12:59:10 AM »

Flesh eating gremlins with pretty good dancing... I want one lol!
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Lottibell

• Fossil savant
  • Female
  • To err is human, to "huh?"is Pleo.
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2012, 02:59:57 AM »

Well,they seemed quite entertaining! Whether or not to buy would really depend on how much they retail for.i think they're sweet but don't think they would hold my girls interest for too long, so the price would need to reflect that for me.let us know how you get on and your experience once you get one Lunamione7!  :sheep1:

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2012, 04:16:25 AM »

There was a version of the emototronic Furbies with beat detection - the 'Funky' Furby.

I'm kind of coming around to this one too ....... we'll see!  ;)
Pages: [1] 2 ... 5   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal