Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: old new pleo owner  (Read 1060 times)

shadafila

• Hatchling
  • Female
old new pleo owner
« on: April 22, 2012, 09:55:35 AM »

I am an old "new" Pleo owner.  Bought him in 2008, came home from deployment super excited to try him out and socialize with my chihuahua but it was epic fail.  Dog was not interested and Pleo didn't ever really do much.  After reading about problems with early Pleo I suspect battery plus other issues.  I forgot about him but could not get rid of...after all it had been so expensive and was such a cool robot.  I tried to turn him on after charging about a year ago and nothing happened.  Forgot about him again.  Boyfriend moving in - garage sale - he picks it up and recommends selling for 2.0 (he does not know it is a robot!)  I would rather someone have this equipment who might be able to fix it- someone who knows what it is!  Is there any value left in this robot?  What should I do?  I am not handy.  I don't want to keep him on the shelf any more, skin deteriorating even more.  It has split in a few places.  To say I am disappointed with the initial quality is an understatement, but I guess that is why the first company went under.  Any tips,ideas, suggestions, anyone interested in taking on a resurrection project?  Thank you for your time and expertise.

Sharon

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
old new pleo owner
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 04:05:35 PM »

There are several members here who buy less than new Pleo's with the intentions of fixing them up. Since you are in the US Redwoodsmama might be the one to talk to.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
old new pleo owner
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 09:37:58 AM »

I second that. Just shoot RedwoodsMama a private message. There's usually a way around most pleo problems.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal