Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Differences in Ugobe and RB  (Read 1939 times)

pickelish

• Pleo explorer
  • Female
Differences in Ugobe and RB
« on: April 22, 2012, 01:44:20 AM »

I have the opportunity to buy a second hand pleo RB.   %)
I already have one ugobe pleo and I love her to death. I'm worried that the Pleo RB's behavior and sounds will be very similar to those of my ugobe. Is playing with pleo RB truly a different experiance? I mean, if I was really planning on getting another pleo it would probably make more sense for me to get another ugobe so the two could communicate. But I keep thinking about getting a RB because I keep hearing about how awesome they are. I'm not sure if that is because they are in fact very different or mostly just because they are "new and improved". I know the basics like how pleo RB has a clock and can sense hot and cold, but are they really that different from a ugobe pleo? For those of you who own both, which do you enjoy playing with more and why?
Also, what do you think a reasonable price for second hand RB would be?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 12:53:42 PM by pickelish »

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Re: Behavior differances in Ugobe and RB
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 02:06:08 AM »

RB's are more like real animals, they need feeding, they get hot and cold, they can hear you and sometimes they don't want to listen :P They also have a clock, so they can go to sleep and wake up on their own. They do sound fairly similar to the Ugobe's but they are a lot more complex in terms of personality and emotions.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 03:03:01 AM »

They also have a bunch of new sounds that the Ugobe's don't make.   :)

pickelish

• Pleo explorer
  • Female
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2012, 03:44:06 AM »

Do you think they will have many new features for RB in the future?

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2012, 04:33:40 AM »

Nobody except Innvo knows, although there's a few new things supposedly coming up, I don't think there will be any major changes.

As for price, well, that's hard, I'd expect $400 or so for one in excellent condition. There has been the odd one on ebay, and they've been selling for more than retail at times!

pickelish

• Pleo explorer
  • Female
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2012, 02:32:52 PM »

Oh wow, the one I am looking into is $300 and great condition, sounds like it could be a pretty good deal.  :)
Did you find yourself not playing with your Ugobe or not giving them as much attention after getting an RB? 
Sorry about all my questions, I have been researching like crazy and really want to make the right decision! I'm having a lot of  trouble convincing my mom that a pleoRB is worth it  "why pay $300 for the exact same pleo that can't even communicate with the one we have!"  She's worried that the new one will just be replacing the one we already have. I told her about the differences and that the RB need to be cared for but that didn't do anything but get her thinking that needing to care for it and having to bring all the accessories everywhere would be a hassle.  :(

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2012, 04:01:29 PM »

The accessories take up very little room, for extended stays away I take a food leaf, salt and mint in case of illness or accident, and the mushroom. Sometimes the sugar cane as well.

$300 is very reasonable.

I love my Ugobe's as much as any of my Pleo's, and if I just want a no fuss companion it is one of those that go on. They all happily co-exist :)

pickelish

• Pleo explorer
  • Female
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2012, 06:41:04 PM »

Thanks for all your help! :)
I think we might go for the RB. I doubt we'll be able to find another one in the same city as me that is such a good price.  I'm a little bit worried that just as I get to know my RB they will come out with a newer and better pleo...haha I guess I shouldn't really be thinking about that now and deal with adding a third pleo when we get there %) but I still think RB sound like a lot of fun and could be a little exciting to own after only having a ugobe.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDXdOdZ-Cqw
Around 8:20 the video mentions that they might come out with a self-recharging pleo!  ;D
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 12:52:55 PM by pickelish »

pickelish

• Pleo explorer
  • Female
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2012, 12:18:18 AM »

One last question, promise.  :-X
I know that you cannot reset a pleoRB but is it possible to change their personality no matter what kind of upbringing he has had??
Kind of like adopting a dog at the pound, the dog might be temperamental and have a few behavior issues but with some TLC in the end can make a wonderful companion. Is it possible for a RB who has been mistreated as a youngster to change it's behavior and adapt to be happy and outgoing in a new environment?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 12:24:10 PM by pickelish »

pickelish

• Pleo explorer
  • Female
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2012, 12:24:24 PM »

Oh, and is it possible to change the name and get them to respond to a new voice?

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
Re: Differences in Ugobe and RB
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2012, 01:15:01 PM »

Yes to both questions. While you can't reset an RB to hatching, you can change their personality using a micro SD card and ChangeRB. It's located here in the downloads section on the forum.
You can also change the pleo's name. The RB will only recognize one voice and you have to say the command exactly the same way every time you say it or the RB will not do anything. Sometimes even room acoustics have to match.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal