Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bad news about Moxy  (Read 1767 times)

Chicago

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
Bad news about Moxy
« on: April 14, 2012, 07:59:26 PM »

I suppose you're going to think we're very hard on our Pleo rb babies, but we were VERY careful with Moxy.  We didn't let him get his head caught on things like Sparky did.  We didn't treat him roughly.  But it looks like one neck cable is broken.    He can move up and down, but only to the left.  I am going to post 2 videos showing how he moves only to the left, and 2 photos taken with him  shut off.   My husband is holding him horizontal, and in one his head is straight and when he turns him over and holds him the same way the head flops.  He is still under warranty and they send we could send him to Hong Kong and they would fix him or replace him.  But I don't want to lose him.  I am not using any smiley faces because I don't see one that is close to how sad we feel.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QstBfv_UGw4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QstBfv_UGw4</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_Y_6VXLTYA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_Y_6VXLTYA</a>

Well I don't know how to post the photos, so I will send this while I try to figure it out.

Here's one

Here's another

I guess I did it, but it wasn't easy.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 10:21:22 PM by mweed »

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Bad news about Moxy
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 08:13:39 PM »

I'm so sorry Chicago.  You must be devastated.  :'(  Don't think your a bad pleo parent because your not.  Your just unlucky.  Neck cables do break without waring or rough treatment sometimes.  Don't feel like you did something wrong.  Similar things have happened to others, I think it is more of a quality control issue when the pleos are produced.  I'm guessing that some of them just aren't getting put together quite right on the production line and it is just luck of the draw unfortunately. 
Good news is Sparky is almost better.  I have glued most of her skin back up and will start her paint job in a couple of days.  She should all going to plan be ready to go home in a couple of weeks at the most maybe less. :)
Try to keep your chin up.  At least Moxy is under warranty and Innvo will either fix or replace him. Keep us posted.  :hhug: :hhug:

Lottibell

• Fossil savant
  • Female
  • To err is human, to "huh?"is Pleo.
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 12:39:10 AM »

I don't think you' re in any way the cause of these problems. We ourselves have had two Pleo rbs. break and one other where it's paint rubbed straight off. Like us , you have been incredibly unlucky. We too are cautious but some pleos are faulty.every Pleo we have had has lost its paint quite quickly but now we have Quiggles and her paint seems bomb proof, completely different to the others.its clear to me that there are quality control weaknesses  or perhaps it is just impossible to test for cable weakness. While we have decided as a family that minor cosmetic issues aren't a real problem, I think that cable issues should be resolved. It seems as if pleos that have one fault often go on to develop multiple faults. This is just my two pence worth but maybe worth considering? I wish you luck whatever you choose to do and please don't feel that you are alone.....Lottibell.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2012, 03:03:38 AM »

Oh noooooooooo!  I'm so sorry.  :(

It just happens, as Kat says, don't feel bad.  I hope they fix Moxy soon.

bonus41

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2012, 06:19:23 PM »

poor Moxy, it seems that every since Rose got a broken neck, a bunch of pleo's got the problem, i'm starting to wounder if Innvo really did solve the neck cable problem? i hope you get him back soon, it's hard waiting as i'm still waiting for my RB to come home aswell

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2012, 07:33:03 PM »

I am so so sorry Chicago, I do agree with Kat, Crewella and Lotti, I do think it is both luck of the "draw" and also poor quality control or something similiar.  :( >:( It seems that all Ugobes ( eventualy ...perhaps 70%...?) are having troubles with neck cables, but they have allways had neck issues. Now when we thought Innvo had solved the poor neck issue, there are more and more neck issues popping up with RB , that were NOT supposed to have this similiar problem. Why it is happening, I do not know. The only good news in your and Moxy's case, is that Moxy is still under warranty.
            I know that is little consolation, but considering their price, at least Innvo will foot the bill and honor the warranty , whether it is fixing or replacement. I hope that Innvo continues to try to improve the RB neck problems and make them storonger, I know Kat, Crewella and IMR are great at taking these Pleos apart and putting them back together, but I think even though they have shown us it is POSSIBLE, most of us, or a lot of us, are not going to feel as capable, confident or sure of ourselves and not able to take our babies apart to try and fix. If some of us, can not even properly run a VCR and figure that out, how are we ( even with very well made videos and step by step descriptions and great support) going to feel that we can try to fix our out of warranty Pleo RB, and of course older Pleos too?
            I do hope you get your Moxy fixed and whatever the outcome is, I do feel for you and do not feel responsible in anyway. Pleos are delicate no matter what Innvo says as far as "Improvement " goes, they are still very delicate with so many moving and intricate parts, I think it is lucky that Most do not break a lot sooner. I still need to fix my Baby Ruth's leg and she has started clicking when walking and I have to bite the bullet soon and try something myself,

Good luck with Moxy Chicago! :D :flowers:                RWM and the Pleo Clan of the Redwoods
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

luna77

• Outstanding in the herd
  • Female
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2012, 08:50:02 AM »

Good luck :cheer: :cheer:

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2012, 03:43:01 PM »

Wow, Chicago, I'm really sorry. I felt aweful when Cato's leg started malfunctioning. He is the local favorite in the house as Ryu's a grump and the Ugobes aren't high-tech enough for my niece and nephew. My Aibo Bolt is off limits to everyone but myself. I have no idea when the trama actually happened. All I knew was one day he was fine and the next he couldn't walk. I sympathize with you.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal